Memories

A Homecoming to Remember
   My thoughts were interrupted by a little voice calling me. I looked, and saw Micah sitting on the bench next to me. "Daddy... are you okay?" she asked me. I smiled at her, "I'm okay." I answered. Micah smiled and then rested her head on my arm. "Are you tired?" I asked her, she nodded, "And hungry..." she replied. I smiled, "Well then, let's get out of here." I suggested. Micah nodded and jumped off the bench. I got up too, picked Micah up and carried her to the car.
I drove Micah home and by the time we got there she was fast asleep. I carried her inside and laid her on bed.
I went back into the living and check my phone, I had an unread text message from Camisha.
 
I left some snacks in the fridge, and Dinner if I'm not home in time.
 
I read the text and breathed a sigh of relief.
Well at least that's taken care of... I said to myself.
I sat back down on the couch and tried to find something to do. I walked around the house, doing random things to kill time. I ended up organizing the coat closet, and in the process I ran across an old box.
I took the box out of the closet and took into the living room. I opened and started to examine it's contents.
It was a box filled with a bunch random things from Camisha's past.
I looked through box, smiling when I recognized something.
There was her Letterman Jacket she got for cheerleading, I examined the jacket and ran my hand across the nick name on the back.
 
Skittles.
 
I was the one who gave her that nickname.

It was the October of our Freshman year in high school, and everyone was finally getting used to high school life.

I was sitting in my Biology class with Jacob, laughing about something. When Jacob suddenly stopped laughing. I looked at his face, "Dude what's wrong?" I asked. Jacob simply pointed at the door, his mouth wide open. I looked at he door.
Standing in the doorway, was a girl, she was on the short side, and a little curvy. She was wearing a blue cardigan and jeans along with a extremely colorful headband.  She had a serious look on her face and she sighed as she entered the classroom.
I looked at Jacob, and he was already looking at me,
"I call dibs!" he said. "No fair!!" I protested. Jacob laughed, "Too late dude, I already called it..." he answered.
 
The bell rang signaling for class to begin. The teacher, Mrs. Taylor got up from her desk and walked to the front of the classroom. The girl with the colorful headband followed. "Class," the teacher began, "We have a new student." she announced. The girl in the colorful headband smiled and waved at the class, "Hi! I'm Camisha." she said.  The class said hi back and then the teacher pointed at the empty between Jacob and I. "You can sit there for the time being." she said. Camisha nodded and silently made her over to her new seat.
 
When Camisha sat down, Jacob immediately took the opportunity to introduce himself. " Hey Camisha! I'm Jacob!" he said with a big goofy smile. Camisha jumped, and looked at him, "H-hi Jacob." she responded shakily. Jacob kept trying to talk to Camisha, who was organizing her stuff. Camisha dropped a pen under her desk and  bent down to pick it up. In the process her colorful headband fell off her head. Camisha picked up her pen and placed it back on her desk, completely oblivious to the fact that her head band fell off. I thought I'd use the opportunity to get her attention. I picked up the headband up off the floor, and the tapped Camisha's shoulder. She turned and looked at me. The moment Camisha looked at me I froze. "Yes?" she asked. I snapped back into reality. "Umm... you dropped this..." I said quickly, as I handed Camisha her headband. She smiled at me and took it back. "Thanks." she replied. I nodded, "I-I'm Kevin by the way..." I said.
 
Crap why did I stutter?
 
Camisha smiled again, "Nice to meet you Kevin" she said. I smiled back.
I watched Camisha as she placed the headband back on her head.
 
Say something else...
 
"I like your headband...it's pretty." I said, desperately trying to keep the conversation going. Camisha smiled, "Really?" she asked. I nodded, "It reminds me of Skittles." I responded. Camisha laughed, "Skittles?" she asked. I nodded and smiled. Camisha took her headband off again and looked at it, "hmmm... I guess it kind of does look like Skittles..." she responded. I smiled. Camisha smiled back and then put her head band back on. Then she went back to organizing her stuff.
 
 Kevin you're loosing her... I said to myself.
 
I tried think of something to say.
 
"Can I call you that?" I asked. Camisha looked at me, "What?" she asked. "Skittles..." I answered. Camisha laughed, "Why?" she asked. "Because you uhhh... remind me of Skittles..." I answered. Camisha laughed again, "Well in that case... I guess you can." she said with a smile.

New Update!!!! (Sorry for the wait, School has been taking over my life) 

So here's the start of Kevin&Camisha's relatioship(: 

The next chapter will like this one too, so you guys can see how they got together(: 

Hope you're enjoying the story! 

Thanks for reading^^