The Answer

A Homecoming to Remember

 

I froze.
I didn't know how to respond.
"I-I..." I stuttered.
Kevin looked at me,
he reached for my hand,
I pulled away.
I got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen, Kevin followed, "Camisha," he called me. I didn't answer. He reached for my  hand again, but this time I didn't pull away. "Answer me..." he said quietly. I turned to him, tears forming in my eyes and slowly nodded. Kevin slowly caressed my cheek, and wiped my tears. "Don't cry..." he whispered softly,
then he leaned in and kissed me.
I kissed him back. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me as close as he possibly could, but that still didn't feel close enough. I wanted to be closer to him, and I wanted to stay like this forever. I hadn't felt that way in five years. He slowly broke the kiss, and then looked my in the eyes and whispered the words I had longed to hear.
"I Love You"
he said and he kissed my forehead. I smiled. Just then I heard someone scream. "MOMMY!" it was Micah's voice. Kevin and I immediately ran to her room. She was sitting on her bed, crying her eyes out. I walked over to her and picked her up. "What's wrong?" I asked she just kept crying. "Did you have a bad dream?" Kevin asked as he walked over to us. Micah slowly looked up at him and nodded. We sat down on the bed, "Do you want to tell us about it?" I asked Micah. She looked at me and sniffed. "There was a bunch of monsters... and they were chasing me..." she said, "I tried to run and I kept screaming help but no one would help me." she started crying again. I gently rocked her, "Shhh baby, it's okay. It was just dream. You're safe." I said quietly to her. Kevin the back of her head.  " Yeah, no one is going to hurt you" he said. Micah stopped crying. Kevin wiped her tears, she slowly climbed out of my arms and into Kevin's. Micah cuddled close to Kevin, he smiled and held her close. Micah closed her eyes. "Wo Ai Ni." Kevin whispered and kissed Micah's forehead. Micah sighed, "I love you too daddy." she answered before drifting off to sleep.   
                                                               ****************************KRIS POV******************************************
 
"I love you too daddy." Micah answered, a feeling of warmness rushed through my body.
She called me daddy..
I held her close to me, rocking her gently. I looked up at Camisha, she was smiling. I put an arm around her and she put her head on my shoulder. I smiled and kissed her forehead.