A Very Happy Birthday(OC POV)

A Homecoming to Remember

 

"Happy Birthday." Kevin said to me as he handed me the cake. It was red velvet, my favorite. "It's red velvet, your favorite." Kevin said. It was as if he had read my mind. I smiled and took the cake. "Thanks," I said to him. "You wanna come in?" I asked. He nodded and then slowly walked into my apartment. I led the way into the kitchen where Erika and Irene were talking. They both stopped talking when they saw Kevin. He waved at them. "Hey guys." he said. "Hey" they both said quietly. "Do you want some coffee?" I asked Kevin. "Nah, I'm good." Kevin answered. I smiled at him and then sat down.
 
"So, what brings you here on this fine Saturday?" I asked Kevin as I sipped my coffee. He smiled back, "Nothing." he answered "Just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday." I smiled at his comment. Then I looked at Irene and Erika, they were staring at me and Kevin with goofy smiles on their faces. "What?" I asked them. "Oh, nothing." Irene answered then she winked. Kevin laughed. "You're still weird Irene." Irene gave him a dirty look. "I prefer to be called original" She said. Kevin and I laughed. "You're aunt called" Erika spoke up. "What'd she say?" I asked her. "She said that she can bring Micah later, or you can go get her now." Erika answered. I thought about it before I answered. "I'll just go get her now." I said and I got to go grab my car keys. "No! You stay! We'll go get her!" Irene said and grabbed Erika's arm and pulled her out of the chair. Before I could protest, the two of them were out the door. "See you in a little while," the two of them said and then they closed the door behind them. I shake my head and laugh. Kevin laughs too. "Those two are really something." he said. "I know" I answered.
 
He laughed. "Nice place you got here." He said as he looked around my apartment. "Thanks," I said. "How long have you been living here?" He asked. "Since I got back from the States a few years ago." I answered. "Oh." he said. he walked around in the living looking at the picture on the wall. He smiled every time he saw one of Micah. "She's in dance?" he asked when he saw her ballet pictures. "Yeah," I said as I walked over there. "I tried to get her to do cheerleading but, she hated it." Kevin laughed, "well she already looks like you, you cant expect her to have your personality too." He said. "Well, then who did she get her love of dance from?" I asked Kevin as I crossed my arms. He smiled, "Well, since joining SM, I've learned that I am quite the dancer." he said and he did a little dance. I laughed, "so you're saying she gets her dancing skills from you.?" I asked. "well, where else would she get them from?" he said sounding shocked. I laughed at his reaction. "Never mind, Kevin. You're right, she gets it from you." I said, trying to avoid the big debate that was about to happen, Kevin was a pro at arguing. He sensed what I was trying to do. "You still don't believe me?" he asked. I laughed "I believe you Kevin, really." Kevin made a face. "I'll prove it to you" he said and he picked up my laptop off the table. Just then, I heard Irene and Erika enter the house with Micah. "Hi mommy!" Micah said as she walked in. "Hi honey!" I responded. When Micah saw Kevin, she immediately ran over to him. He picked her up off the floor. "Hi Kevin!" she said. "Hello!" he said. Micah gave him a kiss on the cheek. "What are you doing here?" she asked. "Well I came to see your mommy, and you. what are you doing here?" Kevin asked. "I live here silly!" Micah responded.  Kevin laughed, " I know," he said. "why else would there be all these pretty pictures of you every where?" Micah laughed. " So I hear you're a good dancer." Kevin said. Micah nodded her head. Kevin laughed, "well I have a secret," he whispered. Micah looked at him and then leaned in close to hear it. "I can dance too." He whispered. Micah's mouth fell open, "Really?" she said in amazement. I laughed at the two of them. "Yeah!" Kevin said, "but your mommy doesn't believe me." then he made a pouting face. "aww." Micah said sounding concerned. "It's okay! She didn't think I could dance either, she tried to get me to do cheerleading instead. EWWW!" Micah said and she made a face. Kevin made a face too. "EWW cheerleading!" he said. I rolled my eyes. "Now, what were about to show me?" I asked. "Oh yeah," Kevin responded. "I was going to show you my dancing skills." then he opened my laptop got on Youtube and pulled up a music video. He plugged my laptop up to the TV so everyone could see the video. We sat down on the couch. The video started out with some guy talking about some "tree of life" and "twelve forces" then a bunch of guys in hood appeared on the screen. "What is this?" I asked Kevin. Him and Micah both shushed me "Shhhh mommy! Just watch!" She said, never taking her eyes off the TV.
 
Music started playing and the Music video started. It was a music video from Kevin's group, EXO. Micah was completed immersed in the video and when Kevin appeared on the screen. She screamed "That's Kevin!" he laughed at her response. "I can't understand what they're saying." Micah said. "That's because its in Chinese" I said to her. She gasped and looked at Kevin, "You speak Chinese?" she said. Kevin laughed, "Yes, and I also speak Korean." "Wow!" Micah said in amazement. "Can you teach me?" she asked. "Of course." Kevin answered. Micah screamed in excitement. When the music video ended I got up from couch to go get Dinner started. "Why are you cooking so early?" Kevin asked. "Because Micah has to go to bed early tonight, she has a big recital tomorrow." I said to him. "Really?" he said and he turned to Micah, "yeah, You want to come?" She asked him. He looked at her "well, it's up to your mom." he said. "Mommy can Kevin come please?" Micah begged me "If he wants to." I answered her. She looked at Kevin, give gave him her best pleading face. "Please!" she said.  Kevin smiled. "Okay." he said. "Yay!" Micah screamed and she jumped up down. Kevin smiled. "Kevin can you teach me Chinese now?" Micah asked. "Sure" Kevin said. Kevin and Micah sat on the sofa and  Kevin started teaching her some Chinese. I went to the kitchen to make dinner. When I got to the kitchen I was startled to see Irene and Erika standing there with smiles on their faces. "What?" I said as I walked to the fridge. "You guys are so cute!" Irene said. "You're a little family." Erika added. I laughed, "You guys are crazy. There's nothing going on." I said. "Yet.." Irene said under her breath. I rolled my eyes, and started cooking. Irene and Erika left because they had "something to do" which I knew was a lie, they just wanted me to be alone with Kevin and Micah.
 
When I was cooking, I would glance over at Micah and Kevin, they were laughing and talking. Micah seemed to enjoy his company. He grabbed a pen and paper and wrote something on it. Micah looked at the paper. "What does that say?" she asked "wo ai  ni" Kevin responded. "what does that mean?" she asked. Kevin smiled, "It means I love you," he said. Micah smiled, "wo ai ni!" Micah said to Kevin, He smiled and kissed her on her forehead. After seeing this, I started to tear up. I liked seeing Kevin and Micah together, but I also felt guilty.
 
I felt guilty for keeping Kevin from Micah , and I felt bad for depriving Micah of a father for so long. I finished cooking and called Micah to the kitchen to eat. "Come on Kevin!" she said, and she dragged Kevin to the kitchen. "I'd love to stay Micah, but I can't." he said to her. "Why?" she asked sounding sad. "I have to go see my aunt." Kevin answered. "Oh." Micah responded, she sounded disappointed. "Don't be sad Micah, I'll see you tomorrow, at your recital." Kevin said. Micah smiled "okay!" she said. Kevin turned to me, "I'll see you tomorrow." he said to me. "Okay, have a good night." I responded. "You too. Bye Micah, see you tomorrow!" Kevin said as he walked out the door. "Bye Kevin" she yelled. I smiled at her. "Do you like Kevin?" I asked her. She nodded. "Yeah! He's the best!" she said. "Do you like him momma?" she asked me. I paused, then I smiled, "Yes, I do" I answered. "Good." she said. I smiled and gave her a kiss. We finished dinner and I gave Micah a bath and put her in bed. I read her story and then tucked her in. "Good night." I said to her as I turned off the light in her room. "Mommy.." she called my name. "Yes baby?" I looked down at her. "Can I ask you a question?" she asked. "Sure." answered and I sat  down on the bed.
"Is Kevin my daddy?" she asked me.
I paused.
"What made you ask?" I asked her. "I heard nana talking on the phone." she responded, "she was telling someone about Kevin, and she called him my father." I sighed, "Yes, Micah, he is." I said to her. She smiled. "Good." I smiled back at her, "why is it good?" I asked her. "Because," she said, "He's nice and he can teach me Chinese. And because you like him too mommy." she said. "That's right," I said to her, "now its time for bed." I said as I kissed her on her forehead. "Good night mommy! Wo ai ni!" she said. I smiled "I love you too."