Dreams (Kris POV)

A Homecoming to Remember

 I smiled as I walked to the car. "What was that about?" Camisha asked as she climbed into the car. I shook my head and laughed. "Oh, nothing. That guy just has a little a crush on you" I said to her as I got in the car. Camisha looked and me in disgust, "Ewww." she replied. I laughed, "What? Do you think he's attractive? She kept looking at me. "Seriously? That's disgusting. He's like 40." She replied. I laughed "Age ain't nothing but a number." I said with a wink. She rolled her and pretended to gag. I laughed at her reaction and then started the car and drove off. I drove for a couple minutes before turning to Camisha, "Do you want get something to eat?" I asked her. She nodded. Then she turned to Micah in the back seat, "What do you want to eat?" She asked Micah. "Ummm... Can we get Ice Cream?" Micah asked excitedly. "How about we get ice cream after eating real food." I said to her, she sighed "Okay..." Camisha looked at me and smiled, "Good Parenting..." she said. I smiled back, "Thanks." 

I drove to a local restaurant and pulled into the parking lot. We all got out the car and walked inside. We were greeted by a hostess. "Hi! How many will be dining today?" she asked. "Three" I answered. "Okay, follow me." the hostess said as she led us to a table. We sat down and placed our order. As the hostess took our order, she began talking to us. "Is this your daughter?" she asked. "Yes." Camisha answered. I just smiled and nodded. The hostess smiled at Micah, "she's so cute." The hostess said, "Thank You," Micah answered with a smiled. The hostess laughed, "Your Welcome." and she took our order back to the kitchen. She came back shortly after with our meals. We ate and talked for a while and then Micah turned to me and asked me a question "Is this real food?" I laughed, "Yes Micah, this is real food." she smiled. "Good. so we can go get Ice cream now right?" "Yes, Micah we can go get ice cream now." I said as I handed the waitress my credit card. She took, swiped it, and then gave it back. "Have a nice day" she said as she walked away. Micah, Camisha and I left the restaurant and drove to the park. Micah got out the car and ran straight to the ice cream truck that was in the park. Camisha and I walked toward the truck together. We got Micah her ice cream, and then Micah saw a friend and asked if she could go play, Camisha said yes and told her to be careful. Micah smiled and then ran off with her friend. Camisha and I sat down on a park bench and watched the kids play.
I watched Micah. She was running around and smiling with her friend, she looked really happy. And that made me happy. "It's funny, huh?" Camisha asked me, I jumped because I was so busy looking at Micah that I forgot she was there. I turned to her, "what's funny?" I asked her. She looked at me, "It's funny how just seeing your child being normal and happy can make you feel so good." she said. I look at her, "are you a mind reader?" I asked her. She laughed,  "No. You just have the same look on your face as I do when I see her playing and smiling." she answered. I smiled, "It's weird. She just being normal and it makes me so happy. I haven't felt this way since..." I stopped talking. "Since when?" Camisha asked. I looked at her, "Since I left you..." I responded, Camisha look at me and then quickly looked away. I could tell that she wasn't ready to talk about our relationship. I quickly changed the subject. "I know someone who'd like too see you be happy." I said, she looked at me. "Who?" I smiled, "That guy at the recital." I answered. Camisha made a face, "Please stop. That's gross." I laughed. "He really likes you. He was even going to ask you out." I said. "Are you serious?" she with a shocked look on her face, "Don't worry. he probably won't. I think he thinks we're together." I told her. "Really? Did you tell him that?" she asked. I shook my head, "I just told him that I was Micah father and you were her mother. He jumped to his own conclusion."  I said. Camisha looked at me. "And you didn't tell him that we weren't together?" I shook my head. "Why didn't you tell him?" she asked. I shrugged "I don't know. Why? Did you want me to?"  I asked. "No. It's fine." Camisha answered quickly. I laughed.
We sat in the park for a little while longer and then Micah's friend left and so Micah wanted to go home too. We left the park and went back to Camisha's house. Camisha and I got out the car and I took Micah, (who was fast asleep) out the back seat. I followed Camisha inside. "You can lay her down in her room." Camisha said when we got inside. I walked into Micah's room a gently laid her down in her bed. She rolled over in a little ball and sighed. I smiled, she looked so cute and innocent, I sat down on the bed next to her and her hair. She opened her eyes and smiled, she laid her head on my leg and then went back to sleep. I smiled and kissed her forehead. I sat and looked at the pictures on Micah's wall. She had a lot of drawings. I focused on one. It was picture she had drawn of her and Camisha. There was also another person in the picture, a man. I walked over to take a better look. I saw that each person in the picture had their name written underneath. "Mommy, Micah, Daddy" I read aloud. I glance at the top of the picture, it was titled, "My Dream.'
" She drew that the day before she met you." I turned around and saw Camisha standing in the room. She walked over to me, "She brought home from day care and showed me. She told me this was her biggest dream." she said. I looked at her, "and what did she tell her?" I asked. She smiled, "I told that dreams can come true, if you work and pray hard enough for them." I smiled. "That night she prayed for like an hour straight. Then next day, there you were." She said. I laughed, "I guess dreams do come true." I said. Camisha smiled.