The Recital (Kris POV)

A Homecoming to Remember

 

    I drove to Camisha's house and saw that she was putting Micah in her car. When Micah saw me she smiled and waved. I waved back and then got out the car to greet them. "Kevin!" Micah yelled as I walked towards the car, "Micah!" I yelled back. She smiled and jumped out the car and into my arms. I spun her around and she giggled. "I missed you!" she said as she hugged me. I smiled "I missed you too!" I replied. She smiled. I put Micah back in the car, and then turned around. I jumped when I saw Camisha standing next to me, I had forgotten she was there. "Hey." I said to her, "Hey..." she replied as she walked over to the passenger's side of the car, I gave her a confused look. "Who's driving you guys?" I asked her, "You are..." she answered. I looked at her. "What? Is that a problem?" she asked. I quickly  shook my head. "no. it's just that I thought you would want  to ride separately..." I said. She looked at me, "well that would a waste of gas, and besides you know I hate driving." She said. I nodded at her comment and then got into the driver's seat. I started the car and drove off. I drove extremely slow, I didn't want to go too fast because Micah was in the car. Camisha laughed when she realized what I was doing. "You can go faster Kevin, she's four, not a newborn." she said. I sped up a little bit, "sorry... I just wanted to be safe." I said awkwardly. Camisha laughed, "It's okay, when she was first born, I never went above 15 miles per hour." she said. I laughed, "really?" I asked she nodded. "I guess it's just a parent thing." she said with a smile. I smiled back, "I guess so..." I replied.
 Went we got to the recital, Camisha jumped out the car, and grabbed Micah. "I have to take her backstage, and I have to help  out backstage so I'll be watching from there." she said. "So where do I go?" I asked her. "The audience is in there." she said as she pointed to some doors. "You might want to hurry, if you want a good seat." she said. I nodded and then looked at Micah. "Good luck" I said and kissed her on the cheek she smiled. I walked into the auditorium and found a seat in the front row, next to some guy. "Are you a parent?" the guy asked me as I sat down. "ummm... yes." I answered awkwardly.He looked at me "Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude, I  was just curious. I haven't seen you around before." he said. I smiled, "It's okay, this is my first time here." I replied. "Really?" he said. "Which group is your kid in." he asked. I thought about it, "I actually don't know." I replied. He looked at me, "well how old is she?" he asked. "Four," I answered. "then she's is the last group." he said. "thanks," I replied. The guy kept talking, "My kids are in the first group. They're eight and ten." he said. "Oh..." I answered. "Yeah, they're in advanced class, but don't think that's because they're good dancers. They're only in there because they're too old for other classes." he said. I nodded. "I would much rather them be in beginner class. That means more eye candy for me during the practices." I looked at him "What?!?!" I said in shock. He looked at me, "Oh! I didn't mean the kids! Do you think I'm a ?" He replied. "Then what are talking about?" I asked. He smiled, "I'm talking about the moms..." He said. "Ohh..." I replied. "Yeah, all the young, hot moms have kids in the beginner classes." he said. I nodded. He smiled "They're all really attractive. Especially that one..." he said as he pointed to the stage. I looked up and saw him pointing at Camisha, who was fixing the curtain on stage. I look back at him. He smiled, "She's pretty isn't she?" he asked. "Yeah, gorgeous." I replied. He laughed, "I'm gonna ask her out after the recital. Think she'll say yes?" he asked, I laughed "Oh yeah man, totally!" I said and I gave him a pat on the back. He laughed and looked down at his cellphone. As soon as he looked away, the smile left my face, I couldn't stand sitting next to this guy anymore. He was pissing me off, why the hell was staring at Camisha, and why would he think it was okay to ask her out? I started getting angry but then I stopped to think. I'm guessing the guy didn't know I knew even Camisha, so he probably didn't know I was the her kid's father. And I also couldn't get angry because Camisha was a single girl and he could ask her out if he wanted to. But the thought of them dating made me sick.
 
   My thoughts were interrupted by the start of the recital. The advance group started dancing  and I was immediately able to spot the kids of the guy sitting next to me. They really were bad dancers, and they seemed to be throwing everyone else off. I looked at their father, to see his reaction. But he wasn't even paying attention to them. He was too busy staring at Camisha who was working the lights. I coughed loudly and the guy jumped. I smiled he smiled back awkwardly. The performance ended and everyone clapped. The other three performances flew by and it was time for Micah's group. I sat up in my  chair when I saw Micah walk out on stage. She looked nervous, she looked out into the audience and she when she spotted me, she smiled, I smiled back and mouthed "wo ai ni" the made a heart with my hand. The kids started dancing and I immediately took out phone and started recording. I watched Micah in amazement, she really was good dancer. "Which one's yours?" the guy next to me asked. I pointed to Micah. "Aww, she cute, and she's best dancer up there." he replied. I smiled, "thanks.." I answered. The dance ended and everyone in the crowd gave it a standing ovation. Micah and the rest of the kids bowed and then exited the stage. I walked out the auditorium and into to lobby with the guy who was sitting next to me. I spotted Camisha, and so did he. He smiled "wish me luck!" he said as he walked over to Camisha. I smiled and gave him a pat on the back, "go get her tiger!"  I said as he walked towards her, but before he could say anything Micah ran up to her "mommy!!" she yelled and Camisha swooped Micah up into her arms. "There's my little dancer!" Camisha said, "Mommy, where's..." Micah said as she looked around, she spotted me and quickly jumped out of Camisha's arms and into mine. "Did you see me dancing?" she asked. I nodded "You were the best one up there!" I answered.  "Really?" Micah said, I nodded. "and I was the only one who thought so, the man standing next to your mommy said so too." I said as I pointed to the man who was sitting next me. I walked to him and Camisha his mouth was wide open. "Hey you ready to go?" Camisha asked, "Yeah" I answered. We were about to walk away when the guy pulled my arm, he pointed at Micah, "She's your...?" he asked. "Uh huh.."  I replied as I nodded. "and she's her...?" he said as he pointed from Micah to Camisha. "Uh huh..." I nodded and replied again. He pointed at Camisha " so she's your...?" he said. I smiled, "You have a nice day Sir.."  I said as I walked away.