Camisha (O/C POV)

A Homecoming to Remember
"good morning. good morning" my alarm clock sang over and over again. I groaned as I opened my eyes. "I should really change that" I said to myself as I hit the snooze button. I rolled out of bed and walked towards my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and just as I was about to climb in the shower, I heard my door bell ring. "that could only be..." I said as I ran toward the door. I opened the door and in walked my two best friends in the whole world Irene and Erika. "GOOODD MOOOORRRNNNINNNG SUNSHINE!' Irene sang as she walked in the house. " I don't understand how you have so much energy this early in the morning' I said as I followed her back into the house. Erika followed behind. "So what's for breakfast?" Erika asked as she headed straight to the fridge. "Nothing for you.' I said as I block the fridge. Erika made a face and whispered "greedy' before she took a seat on the counter. "Where's Micah?" Irene asked as she made herself a cup of coffee. "She's with my aunt, she spending the weekend with her" I answered. "Perfect," Erika says as she made her way to the fridge for the second time. "What do you mean Perfect?" I asked her "That means we have the house to ourselves this weekend." Erika said as she took a strawberry from the fridge. "No," I answered, "That means that I have the house to myself this weekend." I said, making sure I put extra emphasis on the "I". "Awww Come On Mish!" Irene protested "Its your birthday weekend! And since we're your best friends, we deserve the right to spend it with you!"  "Yeah," Erika chimed in. "Who would want to spend their birthday alone?" I sat there for a minute thinking before I answered. "Fine," I said, giving up. "you guys can stay." "Yay!!!" Irene screamed while she jumps up and down. "I'll go get our bags out the car!" Erika yelled as she ran towards the door. "Hmph, so you guys just knew I was going to let you stay huh?" I said to them. Irene laughed, "we've been friends since we were kids Camisha, we know you better than anyone." I laughed at her comment because I knew it true. Irene and Erika knew me better than anyone else. Including myself. Just then I heard Erika re-entering the house. "Hey , did you bring your whole closet with you?" I yelled jokingly at her but she did'nt answer. She seems to be pre occupied with her phone, and she had a weird look on her face. "Is everything okay?" Irene asked she walk towards Erika. Erika looked up at her and mouthed something  to Irene. Irene's expression changed and then she looked at me. "What's up with you two?" I ask. They both jump and instantly started shaking their heads. "n-nothing" they said in unison. I gave them a suspicious look. "okay..." I responded and I walked toward my bedroom. As soon as I turned my back, I heard Irene and Erika whispering frantically, I wondered if there was something serious going on, but I quickly shook the idea.somethin " they're probably just trying to plan  something for my bithday  I thought  to myself as I climbed in shower. After showering, I went into kitchen to find Erika and Irene sitting in the kitchen looking like they knew something they shouldn't.
Irene was staring at the ceiling, eyes wide, and quietly humming. Erika was looking down at the floor, her leg was shaking uncontrollably. I chuckled when I saw them. This was how they acted when they were nervous about something. "Is everything alright?" I asked as  poured myself some coffee. Erika jumped and then spoke, "Huh?! Oh yeah! Everything's fine here! Right Irene?" Erika said  and then she nudged Irene, Irene jumped, but then quickly agreed with Erika's statement. "Uhh... Yeah! everything is great!' I  looked  at them weirdly, "okay, then..." I sais, as I sipped my coffee. Erika quickly changed the subject. "So," she said. "What do you want to do today?" I thought  for a moment. "Shopping!" I answered. They both looked at each other and then at me. "what?" I said to them, "is there something wrong with shopping?" "nothing!" Irene quickly answers. "its just that..." "its just that what?" I asked. "its just that we thought you would want to spend the day at home." Erika answers. I look at them. They were definitely hiding something.
"Well, I haven't been able to go shopping for a while. And that's what I want to do today." Irene and Erika looked at each other and then at me. Erika sighed, "since its your weekend, we'll go shopping." I smiled in content. "Thank you very much." I said and then I grab Irene's car keys, "Hey! who said were taking my car?!" Irene yelled. "I said," I said to her. "Erika's car is at her house and I'm the birthday girl, so you have to chauffeur me around me around." Irene sighed and rolls her eyes. "Fine," she said  and she grabbed the keys from me as we headed out the door.