Advice

A Homecoming to Remember

 

I woke up in Micah's bed.
 
With a strong arm wrapped around me.
 
Kevin's arm.
 
I looked to my right. Kevin had his other arm wrapped around Micah, her head resting on his chest.
 
I smiled.
 
I felt at peace.
 
I felt as though life was perfect,
 
and that a weight I had been carrying around for five years, had finally been lifted.
 
Micah stirred and Kevin woke up. He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back. I got up from the bed. "Where are you going?" Kevin asked. "To make dinner," I answered, "Micah's gonna be hungry when she wakes up." Kevin nodded and then slowly lifted Micah's head off his chest and slid out of the bed. "I'll help." he said. I smiled and walked to the kitchen. Kevin followed.
 
I made dinner, with Kevin's minimal assistance. "You're still a terrible cook." I said to him as I threw away the burnt spaghetti that Kevin had attempted to boil. Kevin laughed, "I know. I don't why you let me help, you know I could burn water if it was possible." I laughed at his comment, "Well I thought you might have actually learned something in five years. You know, since you were living alone and stuff." Kevin shook his head, "I don't live alone, I live in dorm with the rest of the guys." he said. "Oh. Well that sounds like fun." I replied. He smiled, "Yeah, but sometimes it's a little annoying." he said. "I would believe so. I mean, you live with eleven other people." I said. Kevin nodded, "Yeah. But we've all known each other since we were trainees so it's not that bad." "Was your training hard?" I asked. Kevin nodded, "sometimes I would hide for days just so I wouldn't have to practice." he answered. "That sounds terrible." I replied. "It was," Kevin said, "but the guys helped me through it." "You guys must be really close." I commented. Kevin smiled, "Yeah we're like brothers." I smiled, "I bet they miss you." I said. Kevin nodded, "they're probably giving poor Joon-Myeon hell right now." "Is he the other leader?" I asked. Kevin nodded. "What are the other guys like?" I asked.
Kevin smiled and started telling about the boys of EXO. From his description, I felt that I would like Sehun and Tao the most. Kevin then told me funny stories about the boys. He told me about Chanyeol singing in the dorm and Baekhyun's fear of white people.
"Omg, so he's really scared of white people?" I said through laughter. Kevin was laughing too, "Yeah, Chanyeol dresses up like a white person just to scare him." he said. I laughed even harder. "Wow, they seem like they're a lot of fun to be around." I said. Kevin nodded, "Yeah, just wait till you meet them, they'll make you laugh until you cry." he said. I looked at him, "Meet them?" I asked. Kevin looked at me, "Yeah." he answered. I smiled awkwardly. "What's wrong? Don't you want to meet them?" he asked. "Of course I do. It's just that..." My voice trailed off. "It just that what?" he asked. I sighed, " What if they don't like me? Or Micah?" I asked. Kevin looked at me, "Don't worry. They'll love Micah, I mean who wouldn't? And as for you, they already love you." he said with a smile.
I gave him a confused looked, "What you mean, they love me?" I asked. Kevin smiled, "They know all about you." he said. "How?" I asked.  " Apparently, I would talk about you in my sleep a lot, so the guys got curious and asked who you were, and I told them." he answered. "What did you tell them?" I asked. Kevin smiled, "I told them everything." he said. My eyes widened, "Like what?" I asked. Kevin laughed, "Like, how amazing you are, and you were the best girlfriend ever and..." his voice trailed off. "and what?" I asked. Kevin sighed, "and that you were the love of my life and that I was stupid to let you go." he said. I looked at him, "you said that?" I asked, he nodded. "They agreed with me. They told me I should get you back and never let you go again." he said. I smiled, "I like that advice, you should listen to them." I said. Kevin grabbed me and held me close, " That's the plan." he said with a smile.