(Kris POV)

A Homecoming to Remember

 The next morning I woke up with a smile on my face, I was excited to see Micah dance and I was looking forward to spending time with her and her mom. "Morning, Sweetheart!" Josh said as he entered the room. I rolled my eyes "Please stop, before you ruin my morning" I replied. He laughed and sat down on the bed, "So what's the plan for today?" he asked. "I'm going to Micah's recital." I answered. Josh smiled,"Aww!!" he said. I looked at him, "what?" "You guys are already acting like a family!" he said. I scoffed, "I'm just going to my daughter's recital. That's all." I smiled after saying my daughter. It was the first time I had actually said the those words, and I liked the way it sounded. "What are you smiling at?" Josh asked me. I jumped "Huh? Oh nothing!" I said quickly, Josh gave me a funny look. "You're so weird." he said as he got up and left the room. I shook my head and laughed.

     I got out of bed and took a shower. I thought about calling Camisha, but I decided against it She was probably still sleeping and I knew from experience that waking her up, was not a wise decision.
I decided to eat breakfast and then hang out with Josh to pass time. I walked into the kitchen and to no surprise, Josh was in there, pigging out with Jacob. "Do you ever go home?" I asked Jacob, he looked up at me "This is my home." he said and he smiled at Josh. Josh looked at him "Uhh.. since when?" he asked. Jacob laughed, "since your mom admitted that she would prefer me as a son" he replied. Josh rolled his eyes "That was like 3 years ago and she was joking..." he said. Jacob laughed, "Okay, what ever you say bro..." he said as he gave Josh a pat on the back. I laughed at the two of them, they were acting the same way they did five years ago. I made me feel like I had never even left.
    Jacob turned to me "What's going down today?" he asked. I was about to answer, but Josh beat me to it. "He's going to his daughter's recital with Camisha." Josh said with a smirk, Jacob looked at me "Really?" he asked. I nodded. "So she's okay with you seeing Micah?" he asked me, I nodded again. He sat back in his chair, "Well, that was unexpected." he said. "What was unexpected?" I asked him. He sat back up, "The fact that Camisha's so chill about you seeing Micah. I mean, she used to freak every time we brought you up in front of Micah." he said. I gave him a curious look, "what'd you mean?" I asked. He sighed "she would get all upset every time we even said your name in front of her or Micah, she would either try to change the subject, or make an excuse to leave." he said. "Yeah, one time we were at her house and your name came up, and she just got up  and said she had to go home, then she walked out her own house." Josh added. Jacob nodded in agreement, "Yeah, we were all confused that day. But I guess when you hear the name of the guy who broke your heart and left you pregnant and alone, it makes you go crazy." he said. I looked at him, "Do you have to say like that? I didn't know, okay?" I said to him. "Sorry, I didn't mean it like that" he apologized. I smiled, "it's okay" I said to him. I looked at the time, "I gotta go," I said to them they both nodded. I walked out the house and got into Josh's car, I decided to borrow it, since he probably wouldn't be going anywhere.