Warm

A Homecoming to Remember
Through-out the rest of Freshman year, Camisha and became really close. Since she was a cheerleader and I was on the basket ball team, we spent a lot of Friday nights together at games.
 
I remember one particular Friday, we were on our way to really important game. Camisha was sitting next to me on the bus doing homework. I looked over at her, she had dark circles under eyes and her skin color was a little off.
 
 "Hey are you okay?" I asked.
She gave me a weak smile, "Yeah. I'm fine. Just tired."
"Are you sure?"
She nodded.
 
I kept looking at her, "If you're tired you're should sleep. We still have like an hour ride." I suggested. Camisha shook her head, "It's fine. I'll sleep on the way back, I have too much homework to do right now." she said. I nodded, "Okay, you can do your homework now, but promise me you'll sleep on the way back?" I asked. Camisha laughed, "I promise"
 
We got to the game, and of course we won. Everyone was really excited and couldn't wait to get home to celebrate. We were all standing around waiting to get back on the bus, when I spotted Camisha. She was standing against pillar, and she looked really sick, she was breathing heavily and she looked like she was in pain. I immediately ran over to her. "Are you okay? What is it? Where does it hurt?" I bombarded her with questions. She didn't answer any of them she just looked up at me and then fell into my arms.
I shook her frantically trying to wake her up. The other players and Cheerleaders came over to see what was wrong. I kept shaking and fanning Camisha, and finally after what felt like forever (which was more like 5 minutes), she finally came to.
 "Kevin?" she called my name. "Shh... don't talk, just relax." I told her. The bus finally pulled up and carried Camisha and gently placed her in the seat. I sat down next to her. She immediately leaned over and rested her head on my shoulder. I wrapped arm around her and tired to make her as comfortable and possible. She ended up falling asleep before the bus even pulled off.
 
Camisha slept the whole bus ride. When we got back to school, I walked her home. She thanked me multiple times while we were standing on her front porch. I told her it was nothing and to go inside and get some rest. She nodded, opened the front door and stepped inside. Before closing the door she looked at me, "Thanks again Kevin, for everything. You're a really good friend." I smiled and said you're welcome. Camisha smiled back and closed the door. I stood on her porch for second. Just staring at the door. I thought about what she said, and the way she smiled. Of course I was aware that Camisha and I were good friends, but hearing her say it, and the way she smiled at me, something felt different.
 
I felt different. 
 
I had had a small crush on Camisha since the first day I met her, but I didn't think it was a big deal I just thought she was cute. But it was on that night. I realized it was more than that.
 
It was the way she said it.
 
It was the way her smile made me feel warm on that cold February night.
 
That was when I realized,
 
I was in love with her.