What to do? (OC POV)

A Homecoming to Remember

 

I walked to the bus stop, my mind was going crazy. I couldn't think straight. I climbed on the bus and sat in the first seat.
 
Just keep it together until you get home.
 
Thankfully I lived only a few stops away from the coffee shop, so I able to get home quickly. As soon as got in the house, I closed the door and sank to the floor in tears. I was crying so hard that I felt as though I couldn't breathe. I had no idea why was I was crying so much, and every time I tried to stop, the tears would come again. I didn't know whether they were tears of anger, or guilt.
Maybe it was both.
I cried until I fell asleep, on floor, behind my front door. I was so exhausted from crying I didn't even try to get up. I was woken up by the sound of someone banging on my door. "OPEN THE DOOR! WE KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" I heard someone scream. It was Erika. I slowly pulled myself up off the floor. I thought about whether to open the door or not, I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. But if I didn't open the door, Erika and Irene would find a way to get into my apartment. Even if they had to break down the door.
I sighed and slowly opened the door.
Irene and Erika busted into my apartment. "Are you okay?" Erika asked me. "You look terrible." Irene said and she gave me a disgusted look. Erika hit her arm. "I mean you look terribly sad, would you like to talk?" Irene corrected herself. I rolled my eyes. "Thanks, but no thanks, I'd much rather be alone if you don't mind." I said as I motioned them toward the door. "We're not leaving you alone" Erika said and she walked into the living, Irene followed. I sighed and slowly closed the front door before I joined them in the living room. "What happened?" Erika asked. "You guys were laughing and talking one minute and then the next you were running away." "He knows." I said as I sat down on the couch. "About Micah?" Irene asked. I nodded my head. "Who told him?" she asked. "No one, he figured it out." I answered. "How?" Erika asked. "The nose." I answered. Erika sighed. "This is too much." she said as she got up off the couch and started pacing the room. "I know." I said and buried my head in one of the couch cushions. "What are you going to do?" Irene asked me. I sighed. "I don't know." I answered. "You know, now that Kevin knows about Micah, he's gonna want to be a part of her life." Irene said to me. "I know." I answered her. "Are you going to let him?" Erika asked. I looked at her for a minute. "I guess I have no choice." I said and I let out a sigh. "Can I ask you guys a question?" I said to them. They both nodded. "Were you guys acting weird earlier because you knew Kevin was in town?" they both looked at me. "Yeah," Irene answered, "we wanted to tell you but, we didn't know how you would react." "Yeah, we're sorry." Erika added. I smiled at them. "Its okay," I said, "I would have done the same thing." They both smile. "Some birthday weekend huh?" Irene commented. I laughed "You got that right!"
 Erika, Irene and I decided to spend the rest of the night at my house, watching movies and eating comfort food. We laughed and talked the rest of night. We ended up falling asleep in the living room. We woke up the next morning and Erika and Irene sang happy birthday to me, and made me a big birthday breakfast. We ate breakfast and made plans for the day. When were cleaning the kitchen, I heard a knock on the door. I ran to the door expecting to see Micah and my aunt standing there with a big cake. I opened the door to find that my prediction was partially incorrect.
The person at the door was holding a cake...
 
 
but it wasn't Micah..
 
 
 
the person standing at my door was Kevin.