Ninth Flight

Parachute

“Where are you going today?” My mom asked as I as slipped on my pair of shoes.
I smiled at her and lifted up my bag filled with my textbooks, “I’m going out to study,”
“Why not study at home?”
“I, uh, have to meet up with someone to study,”
She nodded, “I see you finally have a friend huh?”
“Sort of,” I creased my brows; putting the bag’s strap over my head, I waved at my mom, “I’ll be back home a little late,” I said to her before walking to the door, “so don’t wait up for me.”
“That’s fine. Have fun studying,” she said to before as I exit the apartment.

Once outside, I exhaled with relief and walked down the stairs. It would only take me more or less than 10 minutes to reach the library. Of course, it wasn’t like I was in a rush or anything, though I couldn’t help but not hide the fact that my heart was racing incredibly. Since I was not able to see his face yesterday, I almost felt this sense of relief that I get to meet him today. I just hope that he would show up at the right time and not have to make me wait. Once I arrived at the library and entered in, I found the library to be more filled than it was on other days. Taking several steps forward, I searched the place for an empty table and found one within a second. I moved my legs towards the table, hoping that no one else would take the opportunity to take it from me.
As I settle myself into a chair that surrounded the table, I looked up at the clock mounted on the wall and noticed that there was only a minute or two before our scheduled time would begin. Nervous as I was, my fingers tapped onto the table impatiently, which was another habit I had inhibited from Kyung. The guy was turning me into someone like him. With a sigh, I stopped tapping on the table and laid my head onto the table.

“You’re here,”
I jumped up at the sound of his voice and turned around to see him stand behind me with a smile on his face. Nodding, I cleared my throat, “You’re here too,”
Kyung chuckled and extended a hand out for the chair next to me; he settled himself into the chair and placed his bag on the table. ping the top of his bag, he took out a folder and placed it onto the table. “Let’s get started, shall we?” I nodded and took out my own necessities. We worked quietly on our own things for a couple of minutes before Kyung began to ask me about the assignments, which I was happy to help with.

“Just take that number and multiply it with this one,” I explained, “that’ll give you your answer for the first part; then, just do the same to the number next to it and you’ll have the complete answer.”
“Ah, that makes more sense to me now,” he nodded and began to write down what I had just told him. While writing this, he asked me, “Are you curious as to what we’re going to do tonight?”
At the question, I stiffened. I hadn’t at all thought about what we were going to do tonight—and neither did I want to think about it. I shook my head at his question and continued working on my assignment, “I-I’m just going to see where you go and leave.”
“Well, that’s only if I let you leave,” he chuckled.
“I—”
“I’m kidding,” Kyung quickly interrupted me, “you know I love teasing you.”
I cleared my throat and slightly moved away from him, “Just get back to doing your assignment.” I said, ignoring the look he was currently giving me. I knew that my face had probably turned a bright red when he mentioned the word love. For the rest of our library session, we kept quiet and minded our own assignments
as well as comments.

-



Stepping outside, I froze up at the sudden chilly weather; all that I had on was shorts and a hoodie whose material was not meant for this kind of cold. I wrapped my arms around myself and waited for Kyung to exit the library. He was currently inside, chatting with a couple of girls who had called out to him and asked if they could talk for a bit. Uninterested in these kinds of things, I just left him and decided to wait outside. It wasn’t like they would have much interest in me anyways. Looking back into the library’s glass doors, I watched and waited for Kyung’s appearance, but he never showed up how many times I turned to look. Seeing that this was only going to waste my time, I decided that I was just going to head home and not wait for it. I had only agreed to go with him somewhere because I didn’t want to have to feel guilty, but since he was busy inside, I would have a reason to not feel guilty. I took a couple of steps forward before a force was suddenly wrapped around me; I could smell his scent immediately. Surprised at his action, I stood frozen for a couple of seconds before hearing him chuckle into my right ear.
“Sorry for taking long,” his whispered, “I bet you’re freezing, huh?”
I shook my head, “I feel… fine.”
He laughed, “You’re wearing a short-sleeves shirt. How can you be fine when it’s freezing cold out here?”
“I just am,”
“Come on; let’s hurry to my place before you turn into an icicle.” He pulled away from my back and grabbed my hand, dragging me along.


Only after seconds does Kyung slowdown from walking fast to a pace that I could keep up with. I tried to pull my hand away and convince him that he didn’t need to hold my hand; but he opposed it and said that I might run away, which I was considering the minute we began walking up to an abandoned-looking house. The rate of my heart slowed, which meant that I wasn’t feeling comfortable being here at all. I halted in my steps and made sure that Kyung noticed this; he stopped walking and turned to look at me with his head slightly tilted.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, taking a step towards me.
“I-I just forgot that I’m supposed to come home early tonight,” I said, hoping he would believe this.
“You feel uncomfortable, don’t you?” He said, almost as if he were reading the thoughts in my head. I nodded, knowing that it was no use to lie to him now. That was one thing that I have learned since I’ve been spending so much time with him: he could read through my every lie and thought. Even if I were to plain-out tell him a lie, he would know. I swallowed back and felt Kyung loosen his grip on my hand, but he immediately tightened his hold on my hand, “I wouldn’t do anything to harm you,” he said, “even if I wanted to touch you in such ways, I would restrain myself.” He assured, though he laughed at the end. I frowned; though I really wanted to oppose, I didn’t.
“Fine.” At my answer, he pulled me along; we walked towards an open garage filled with what looked like car parts. I guess it was the typical place for places like Kyung and his group to hang out. We stopped before a door. Kyung knocked a jingle on the door, and immediately it opened. A man with thick-rimmed glasses greeted us—well, Kyung—by slapping Kyung’s hand. He looked over at me with a raised brow, then shifted his attention back to Kyung.

“Who is this?” He asked, “Your new girlfriend?”
Kyung laughed, “As if; she’s my math tutor I’ve told you guys about,” he explained and looked at me with a soft smile. He turned his attention back to his friend, “I brought her here to show where I go afterschool because she was curious.” I stiffened at his comment and tighten my hand around Kyung, which he chuckled at.
“Well, come on in, then,” the male smiled at me and gestured a hand for us to head inside. I nodded and waited for Kyung to enter in first. The minute we walked into the “house,” I smelt a mixture of alcohol and dirty men fill up my senses. I covered the bottom half of my face with my hand and proceeded to follow Kyung towards the inside of the house. I wasn’t even sure how Kyung could live in a place like this; he doesn’t smell like this when he goes to school—or at least I don’t think he does.

“Kyung,” a familiar voice shouted before us. I swallowed back a lump in my throat as the male from the other night appeared before us—Zico. He had his arms spread out, as if waiting for Kyung to hug him. But when his eyes shifted at me, the smile that he had on his face dropped and he raised a brow. “Who is she?”
“I told you that I was bringing a guest over,” he replied sternly, which surprised me because I was expecting him to sound happier.
“You brought a female guest over,” he stated rather than questioned.
“She’s my female guest though,” Kyung emphasized, “she has nothing to do with you or the others; she’s mine for the night.” At his words, I could feel my whole body freeze up, which I guess Kyung noticed too as he slightly turned back to look at me and shook his head.
“Aw, you’re going to be greedy then,” the male pouted, “fine.”
Kyung turned his attention back to the male and sighed, “I’ll bring in other ladies who want to have fun with everyone another day.” He assured and began walking us towards the male; we stopped before Zico. Kyung let go of my hand and hugged Zico, “Other than that, I’m home.”
“Welcome home,” Zico looked at me and immediately a spark twinkled in his eyes; he smirked, “You’re that lady from the other night, aren’t you?” I looked away from Zico, unsure how to answer his question. He chuckled, “Well, it’s no wonder Kyung made me walk away from taking you; you’re pretty cute.” I took a step back at his comment and bumped into a table, which frightened me for a second or two. Kyung pulled away from Zico and turned to look at me; he chuckled.

“We’ve only been here for two minutes and you’re already being the clumsy you,” he commented, extending a hand forward. I grabbed it immediately, which surprised Kyung in a way that he decided that pull me into his arms. “You’re nervous,” he replied, which I nodded, “I can see it coursing through your body.” For some unexplainable reason, I didn’t want to let go of Kyung and we stayed like for a couple of seconds before Zico interrupted us.
“Well, you lovebirds might as well head into Kyung’s room before we all begin to die from seeing so much of this,” he pretended to gag at the end. Kyung laughed and pulled away from me. We walked towards a room, which I’m guessing is Kyung’s. He twisted open the door’s knob and we’re greeted by the smell of lavender. I creased my brows at the smell as we entered in.
“Your room smells like—”
“Lavender?” He interrupted me, which I nodded. He smiled, closing the door, and looked at me, “It’s the smell that reminds me home—home with my parents.” He explained, “My mom really liked the smell of lavender, so she would often the spray the house with it. I used to really hate it, but I got accustomed to it and now I really like the smell too. Plus, the guys make the house smell awful, so it’s nice to smell something refreshing sometimes.” He admitted, which earned a chuckle from me. He chuckled along and took a step back, “You think it’s weird?”
I shook my head and smiled, “It’s not weird,”
“Good,” he sat onto his bed and patted on the empty space next to him for me to sit. I hesitated to at first, but I remembered what he had told me earlier. Slowly, I walked towards his bed and plopped my body next to him. We sat like this for a couple of silent seconds before a question had popped into my head.

“Last night,” I began, “um, that… kiss,”
Kyung smiled and looked at me, “The cheek kiss?”
I nodded, “What was that for?”
“What do you think it was for?” He questioned me back, which irritated me a bit. He noticed my irritation and grinned teasingly, “Do I need to give you a reason for giving you it—or were you expecting a different kind of kiss from me?” I widened my eyes at his last sentence and wanted to shake my head, but my body wouldn’t allow me to move. Kyung had decided to move towards me; his face was just a couple inches away from mine as I could feel his breath tickle my skin.
“W-What are you doing?” I finally forced out. He just smirked at me and leaned in more.
“If I kiss you now, would you just regard it as something or nothing?” He whispered.
“What,” I breathed out.
“Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about,” he said, “just answer my question; either answer will end in a different result though.” He leaned in towards me, but stopped before our lips could make any contact, he laughed. I furrowed my brows, which he leaned back away from me and sighed. “I was only playing around with you,” he admitted, “I said wouldn’t touch you, right?”

“R-Right,” I nodded and swallowed back a lump in between my throat.
“Though, it looked like you were expecting me to kiss you,”
I snorted and turned my attention away from him, “I… just didn’t know how to respond,”
“You didn’t know how to respond?” He questioned, “Have you ever been kissed before?”
Was I really going to talk about kissing with him? I ignored his question and stood up from the bed, “I think I should leave now,”
“You’ve only been here for a couple of seconds,”
“Yes, and that’s all the time that I have,” I nodded, “it’s not like we’re going to do something here anyways. I only wanted to see where you go afterschool.”
Kyung clucked his tongue and shifted his body on the bed, “So, I guess this answers your question then, huh?”

“Sort of,” I answered and turned to look at Kyung, “you leave school early to return back here and… do what?” I decided to ask.
“Well, if you want to know what I do, then don’t you think it’s fair that you tell me some more about you?”
“No,” I answered immediately, which earned a frown to come upon Kyung’s face.
“Then I won’t tell you,” He answered, “I do remember telling you that if you wanted to pry into my life then I should know something about you too.”
I nodded, remembering him telling me this. Though I should have just agreed to this and not pry on, I didn’t because I wanted to know what he does. His life just seemed to interest me in a way, seeing that he lived in such a place, yet he still manages to go to school. “Fine,”
“Fine?” Kyung repeated, tilting his head to the side.
“I’ll tell you something about me,” I complied, “but only one thing.”
Kyung straightened up and nodded, “That’s fine with me.”

 


author's note; thanks for reading! Pre-wrote this and decided to why not just post it.
@Yerlie303: lol yes! gah~ only one more week before your spring break!.. which mine will end ;__; rofl thanks for commenting!
@kretzuu: yes! and hopefully he appears more in the future D: thanks for reading!