Eleventh Catch

Parachute

Staring at my reflection, I swallowed in a ball of spit and tried to calm myself down. Kyung and Jaehyo were in the other room, waiting for me to come back. They stripped off their shirts once we entered into my apartment because I told them I would dry it. But after putting their shirts into the dryer, I couldn't get myself to walk into that room so I headed for the bathroom to try to breathe. I don't know what was going to happen once I entered in because I did overhear their conversation at the restaurant. And to add to that, they were both toploss. What could they be discussing now? Exhaling, I nodded at my reflection and turned away from the mirror to face the bathroom door. With a hand on the knob I gave it a twist and stepped out of the bathroom. Every step I took was excruciatingly nerve-wrecking because I really did not know how to act before them.

"Whatever happen to keeping your distance from her?"

I stopped walking, hearing Jaehyo ask Kyung a question which had me curious. My back faced the wall as I stood and decided to hear what Kyung had to say.

"Whatever happen to you keeping her away from me?" Kyung countered.
Jaehyo scoffed, "You don't remember what you said to me that night, do you?"
That night? I furrowed my brows. A couple of seconds passed but Kyung doesn't answer to Jaehyo's question.
"That night," Jaehyo continued, "you told me to look after her. You told me you were going to keep your distance from her because you knew that if she saw you, she'd drop everything and run to you." He explained, "Yet, you decided to appear before her and spill your feelings for her."
The shuffling of clothes is heard then Kyung spoke. "Yes, I did say that. But why after months that you've only been able to connect with her? Why didn't you go to her after that day and comfort her? Why did you wait?" He asked, "If you had gone to her after that day then she'd be over me and I wouldn't... have appeared before her."
"She barely knew who I was," Jaehyo countered, "I couldn't just jump into her life while she was trying to recoil from a heartbreak." He exhaled, "Even so, you haven't answered my question: why did you appear before her?"
Kyung sighed, "You saw me that night I first approached her, didn't you?"
"I did,"

So Jaehyo knew that I had seen Kyung that night, yet he kept quiet about it.

"I... I saw her and just walked towards her though I knew it was wrong," he explained, "I just wanted to see her face, but before I knew it, words had escaped my lips and I blew my cover."

"If you missed her that much, why did you leave her in the first place? Why did you decide to put such responsiblity on me when you were just going to wreck it?" Jaehyo's voice slightly increased, "The other night, when she told you she was still in love with you, you told her to move on. Why are you backing out of that and telling me that you're going fight for her?"

"You're seriously going to keep asking me questions like this?" Kyung asked which Jaehyo stayed quiet to. "Fine. I'm fighting for her because I don't want her to be in your arms anymore, but I'm just worried that she'll—"
Jaehyo clucked his tongue, "You really have no confidence in yourself which makes you pathetic." He spitted, "If that's your motive in getting her, I don't think I have to put much of a fight. She wants and loves you, yet you're going to give the excuse that you can't protect her."
"Whatever," Kyung snickered, "it's her choice in the end."
 Silence filled the room. My heart was drumming loudly in my ears, surprised to have heard the conversation they were having. Swallowing down a ball of spit, I decided that right now was the best time to walk in since it seemed they were done talking.
But before I could move an inch, Jaehyo spoke.

"She's going to choose you, you know." His voice weakly said, "The way she acts around you differs from how she acts around me. She's more comfortable with you and she seems like herself. When she looks at you, she yearns for you. I want to see those eyes look at me the same, but she just doesn't."
"Why are you still with her then?" Kyung asked. "Why be with someone like that?"
"Because I love her," Jaehyo confessed, "I'll be at her side until she no longer needs me."

The sudden sound of a song pertruded the atmosphere—my phone! I jump on my feet and ran towards my room, grabbing my phone off of the night table. But before I could answer, the call hung up on me. I frowned and slid a finger across the screen. The screen printed my mom's name with a red printing of "missed call." I placed my phone back on the night table and made a note to myself to call her back when I had the time.
Turning my attention back to the hallway which led to the room that Kyung and Jaehyo were in, I nodded to myself that I could walk in there like as if I hadn't been snooping. As soon as I appeared before them, they were on their phones and quiet. I cleared my throat, "Um, your clothes should be done in about 30 minutes or so." I informed but got no reaction nor reply from either of them. I frowned and walked to a certain spot to sit. What exactly was I expecting by sitting here before them? Not sure. I looked to the side at the clock on the wall and was surprised to see that it was close to midnight.
Before I could say anything about the time, Jaehyo spoke, "You mind if I spend the night here? It's a late and I don't want to disturb my roommate as I walk in."
I shook my head and smiled, "I don't mind that you do,"
"Me too," Kyung raised his hand, "It's late and I don't want to bother Minhyuk at a time like this."
"Uh," I nodded, "sure."

"I'll sleep with you in your room," Jaehyo suggested, "Kyung can sleep here."
Kyung snorted, "As if, I'll sleep with her and you can sleep out here."
"That probably would work if I wasn't her boyfriend," Jaehyo countered, "I'm not going to let you be in the same room with her."
"So I am a threat to you then," Kyung smirked, "talk about having to put much of a fight."

Before Jaehyo could spit a comeback, I shook my head, "How about you two sleep here and I'll be in my room." I said but quickly rephrased it into a command, "No, you two have to sleep here while I sleep in my room."
"Okay," Jaehyo nodded. Kyung frowned but nodded nonetheless.



I gasped for air, sweat glistened my forehead, and my muscles ached from being tense while I slept. I turned to my side and grabbed my phone, turning it on to look at the time. A sigh escaped my lips at the time: 5am. Rather than going back to sleep, I decided to get up and go outside to catch my breath, especially since I was sweating like this. I quietly slid open my door and walked towards the exit of the house, silently opening the door. As soon as I was outside, I let out a breath and walked to the stairs to sit. Staring blankly at the empty space before me, I pondered on what to do with my life. Jaehyo and Kyung's conversation still played in my head along with that weird dream. Who do I pick in the end? I closed my eyes and thought about the question.

"What are you doing out here?" I jumped at the sound of Kyung's voice. Opening my eyes, I turned my head to look at him. His hair was a mess, but the smile in his eyes forced my attention away from it.
I cleared my throat, "Just wanted to get some air,"
"This early?" He asked, "Do you know what time it is?" He walked towards me and sat next to me. I tried to ignore the fact that our arms were just inches from touching, but my arm gave up trying to keep away.
"I know the time," I answered, "I just couldn't go back to sleep."
"Nightmare?"
I shook my head in response, "I just couldn't sleep, that's all."
He chuckled, "I see you've already closed your walls, not letting me know how you're feeling like back then."
I stiffened at his comment, suddenly feeling guilty. "I woke up drenched in sweat and tensed, that's all. I don't know what I had dreamed, but I just couldn't go back to sleep."
"I see," he nodded, "do you usually wake up feeling tensed?"
"Not usually," I answered. Before Kyung could ask me another question, I threw one at him, "What are you doing up?"
"Well, I'm quite the light sleeper and heard you open the door, so I just came to see what you were doing." He answered.
"Oh," I nodded, "I thought you would be more of a deep sleeper though, considering the fact that you ignored my many attempts at waking you up back then."
He laughed, "Well, I might have just pretended to see what you would do."
I frowned, "Even when you..." I stopped myself from continuing. The flashes of our past wind inside of my head, reminding me of my time with Kyung, especially when he had stolen a kiss from me. "Nevermind." I shook my head and asked another question, "Yesterday, you said you came over here because you had something to tell me. What is it?"
He smiled and shifted his weight before answering my question. "I'm sure you heard my conversation with Jaehyo last night, so I think it's apparent what my 'something' is."

"So," I paused, "you're still..."
"I told you that I still love you, but I know that you still love Jaehyo equally." He explained, "Until Jaehyo said that you would pick me over him." His eyes shifted to me, making direct contact. "I want to know if that's true." I looked away from his eyes and bit my lower lip. I had no answer to this. "Or not." He sighed.
"I'm just confused," I finally said, "you told me that you were going to disappear from me like as if you had never interferred, yet here you are. I don't know what you're doing, Kyung."
"I did say that," he admitted, "but seeing you at the dinner date with Jaehyo made me want you for myself. Seeing him shower you with his love made my heart ached and wished that I was the one to do that to you."
Silenced filled the noise for a second.

Kyung whispered my name, "How do you feel?"

I take a second before answering his question, "I feel helpless,"
"If I offered my hand, would you take it or would you look for Jaehyo's hand?" He asked.
I shook my head, "I-I don't know,"
Kyung sighed. Suddenly his hands were placed on the sides of my face and my head forced to face him. He stared into my eyes and slowly leaned inward, "If I were to kiss you, would you let me?" My heart thudded at his question; my whole body went stiff, unable to move an inch. I swallowed back, waiting as he inches closer to my face. My heart told me this was right, but my mind argued the opposite.
Letting out a breath, my lips trembled to say, "K-Kiss me,"

And without further ado, our lips met.

 


author's note: ermergerd what? lol thanks for reading! I meant to post this yesterday, but... I got distracted........... by food!!!!!!
@Yerlie303: Lol oh yeah~ you'll see who she picks! thanks for reading!!
@kissme4life_99: yeah it was the same haha! hopefully it wasn't too... corny D: lol thanks for reading!!!