Fourteenth Flight

Parachute

 

After an hour had passed, I found the room to be oddly quiet. Looking up from my math worksheet, I noticed that Kyung had his face in his hands. Either he was sleeping or he was thinking senselessly into his hands. Though the obvious answer was riding in the air, I decided to reach over and touch Kyung’s hand. He didn’t react to my touch. With a sigh, I put the worksheet to the side and scooted my whole body towards Kyung. I didn’t invite him over to sleep—well, to be more technical, I didn’t invite him over at all. My hand touched his shoulders and I shook him softly, “Kyung, wake up.”
 
Nothing.
 
I sighed and shook him harder, “Park Kyung, wake up—” A slap to my hand interrupted me from saying anything else. Kyung peered at me and frowned. I swallowed back and tried to pull my hand away, but he opposed it and tightened his hand around mine. “Let go,”
He smirked; his velvet voice said my name, “Did you already forget what happens when I’m interrupted from my sleep?” He asked, removing my hand from his shoulder and jerked me towards him. I fall completely into his arms; my face planted at his chest. Though I tried to remove myself from him, he refused. Suddenly my back was on the ground and he hovered over me.
“W-What are you doing?”
He smiled devilishly at me, “Something I’ve been waiting to do this whole day,” he whispered as he leaned down to me. He looked at me like as if I was something he was going to eat; while I stared frighteningly back at him. As soon as our faces were only inches apart, Kyung widened his smile, “Are you scared of me right now?” I don’t answer him. He laughed and lowered his face. I closed my eyes. Kyung softly planted his lips on top mine… and nothing else. I opened my eyes and looked at him strangely. “I’ve been wanting to kiss your lips, but you always refuse to when we’re at school.”
 
I let out a staggered breath, “Kyung,”
He sighed and disappeared from my sight. “I should probably get home before I decide to do something else to you.” He commented, gathering his things. I helped myself back up and watched as he zipped his backpack and stood up.
“You—”
“Don’t take this as me being kind, but as a warning.” Kyung interrupted me. “Next time you wake me up from a nap, I’ll make sure to do something I really desire.” He winked at me, sprawling that devilish smile of his on his face again. I frowned and stood up; I followed him to the door and watched as he exited. The minute that his presence disappeared, the looming loneliness of this place emerged.
 
-
 
 
As I entered the classroom, I noticed that Kyung wasn’t sitting in his seat. My brows furrowed at his absence and I wondered where he could be. I took my seat and looked around the room, thinking that maybe he was hiding somewhere around here; but after a few seconds, I figured that he wasn’t. It was unusual of Kyung to miss our morning sessions, especially if he doesn’t say anything about missing them. I took out my folder and stared at the cover blankly for five seconds before deciding to get started on it. It felt awkward not having Kyung here.
But after a couple of minutes passed, a voice from afar indicated his presence. I looked up from my worksheet and watched as Kyung rushed over to his seat. He apologetically smiled at me as he took his seat scooted his chair towards me.
 
“I had something come up this morning,” he explained as he took out his assignment, “sorry if I kept you waiting here.”
I shook my head, “As long as you’re here,”
Kyung sighed with relief and put an arm around my shoulders, “I couldn’t have asked for a better girlfriend, could I?” He chuckled and pulled me towards him. “You smell great today.” I stiffened at his comment and tried to pull myself away, but he declined. “Is it wrong for me to compliment you?”
“Not in this kind… position,”
“You’re still shy about our relationship, aren’t you?” I didn’t answer, but even though I didn’t, he knew what my answer was. He sighed, “It’s almost been a month since we’ve been together; you shouldn’t be too shy. I’m pretty sure everyone knows that we’re a thing in the school now.”
I cringed at his words, “It’s still…”
“I get it,” Kyung released his arm from me and leaned back, “you’re not used to this kind of thing.” He smiled at me, “I can understand.”
“Sorry,”
He shook his head and softly said to me, “I won’t force you think of ways you’re not comfortable with.” At his words, I felt warmth wrap itself around my heart. Despite his tough-looking image, Kyung as a person was kind and sometimes he knew just what to say to me. A snap from my left ear interrupted me from being able to step into a state of spacing off. I shift my gaze to the side and stared indifferently at Kyung. “Did you hear what I just said to you?”
I blinked, “Can you… repeat it again?”
“Man, I’m going to need to find a more efficient way to make sure you stop spacing off when I tell you things.” He scowled at me, “I said that I have something to show you later after work. So, don’t plan on heading home after, alright?” I nodded.
 
 
Afterschool; we did our daily routine: Kyung would leave early and I would leave to go to work. I’ve always wondered if he had considered walking me to work, but I never asked him because I’m sure he has better things to do. On my way to work, I swung my hands carelessly by side and hummed a tune—a new tune that I had heard Kyung hummed. He told me it was a song he had recently written that described how he felt when he was around me. Though he never sang the song to me—because it was embarrassing to sing, especially to me—he did read me the lyrics.
 
“Don’t laugh at me, alright?” Kyung warned beforehand, “I had to really build up my confidence just so to read this.” I had smiled happily at him and waited for him to read me his lyrics. Kyung took in a breath and parted his lips, “Baby girl you make me fall in love, although it’s a little embarrassing. I want to say it now, can’t hold back anymore, I can make it slowly. Are you listening to this song? My voice that I let out just for you alone. Even if you’re staying still, I like it, as long as you’re looking at me.” He smiled sheepishly at me, “It needs some work here and there, I know, but this is just part of the song.”
I had reached over to touch Kyung’s hand and widened my happy smile, “It’s very you,”
He laughed at my answer, “Is that a compliment or are you just insulting me?”
I laughed and shook my head, “It’s a compliment. The lyrics sound very you, which only makes it more special.” I told him, “Though I have to admit that I feel a bit embarrassed hearing your feelings about… me.”
“I love you,” He whispered to me before bringing my face to his face.
 
I shook my head, jumping out of the memory because I didn’t want to think about what had happened next. I could still hear him whisper those three words to me though. It was enough to make my head feel light and my stomach feel all jittery.
 
-
 
 
“Where are we going?” I asked Kyung as he pulled me along.
Kyung placed a finger to his lip as he slightly turned to look at me, “It’s a secret.”
I furrowed my brows, “You know I’m not a fan of being taken somewhere I don’t know; nor am I a fan of secrets.” Kyung clucked his tongue at my answer and doesn’t say anything else. We walked through the silent night for a couple of minutes before Kyung began to slow his pace. I couldn’t quite recognize where we were, but I knew for sure that we were far from town. Narrowing my eyes, I could see from afar what looked like dim lamp hanging from a tree and below it was a tent.
 
In just a couple of minutes, we stood before the tent. I looked at Kyung in confusion, which he responded with a smile.
 
“You told me that you’ve always wanted to see the constellation of the sky,” he said, “so I’m here to make it come true.” I looked up at the sky and noticed that there weren’t any stars out; I looked back at him with a raised brow. He chuckled, “I know there aren’t any stars out, but I have something else planned.” Kyung walked towards the tent and ped the front; he gestured for me to go in. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to do anything to you.” He assured.
I walked into the tent and sat on the ground. Kyung followed and zipped the tent. He happily looked me and picked up a flashlight sitting on the ground. I watched as he grabbed another thing and placed it on top of the flashlight, which immediately shone up on the tent’s ceiling. My eyes widened seeing the constellation reflect up there. “How—”
 
“This is kind of lame, but I got a friend to laminate the constellation for me and he told me that I could project it with a flashlight and it would kind of feel like you’re staring up at the stars.” He explained, looking up. “You like it, right?” I nodded. “Good.” He sighed with relief.
“Thank you, Kyung,” I said, shifting my gaze from the “stars” to him.
He shook his head, “This is nothing.”
I laughed and scooted myself close to him; the side of our bodies touch and we stared endlessly at the constellation above. “I… love you,” I confessed and turned to look him, surprised to see that he had turned his head to look at me also.
“You know saying those words will only trigger something to happen, right?” He whispered as he leaned inwards. I could feel his hot breath tickle my skin; we were inches away from sharing a kiss. But, before we do, Kyung softly said to me, “Your face... looks so cute right now,”
 
I furrowed my brows, “Cute?”
He smiled, “Don’t show another man this kind of face, alright?” Kyung chuckled and closed the gap between us.
 
 
 

author's note; sorry for my late update and my lame "romantic" writing at the end XD hope you guys enjoy!
@kissme4life_99: ohohoho~ you'll see why soon! lol thanks for reading!
@Yerlie303: lol here's more for you~ I hope you enjoy it :D