Seventh Catch

Parachute

Thank you.

What did he mean by that? He's thankful that I finally showed him how I felt about him? I closed my eyes and rolled onto my side. I shouldn't have told him to not go and hugged him. Guilt began to eat its way around my heart as I lied on my bed. I exhaled, what was I going to tell Jaehyo now? Nothing, of course. Or well, maybe I should tell him. Lying to him would only result badly because he would soon find out. I shook my head and sat myself up on my bed, lying in bed wasn't helping me with anything. Getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom, I thought about my plans for the day. I had an itch to go visit Kyung again, but I resisted the urge to go running back. Today wasn't the day where I thought about Kyung rather I needed to think about myself.
As I stood before the mirror, staring blankly at my reflection, I noted that my hair looked nasty and I didn't change my clothes from  yesterday. I frowned at myself and decided to shower. The sound of my phone interrupted me from getting a towel in the cabinet. I walked into my room and picked  up my phone sitting on the nightstand. My eyes rounded the minute I saw Jaehyo's name on the screen. I slid a finger across the screen and placed the phone next to my right ear.

"Jaehyo!" I nearly yelled.
Though I couldn't see it, I knew he had smiled. "You seem happy to hear from me,"
I nodded to myself, "More than anything,"
He laughed, "It's nice to hear your voice,"
"H-How are you?" I asked, clenching my fist from excitement.
"I'm good; missing you a lot though," he sighed, "how are you?"
"Same," I answered, "when are you coming back?"
"I still have today," he replied, "so tomorrow,"
"Oh, right,"
"Other than that, I'll see you though."
"Okay," I nodded, "I'll see you."
"Bye."
"Bye." The phone line goes dead.

-

The rest of the day I spent it checking my assignments and re-working anything that I found off. I needed to occupy my mind so I wouldn't have to worry about anything. I needed to worry about me for now and... not of others - even if that was something selfish to think of.  The only other person I wanted to of was Jaehyo. I wanted to be in his arms again and feel at peace. I wanted to see his face and know that I'll be fine.
Erasing away at a problem, a knock was made present at the door. I dropped my pencil and got off the ground to walk to the door. Who could it be at this time? I wasn't expecting anybody to come by, other than Jaehyo but he wouldn't be here until tomorrow. Without much thought, I peeped into the peephole and saw the top of someone's head - with very familiar hair. I placed a hand onto the door knob and gave it a twist, the click of the door sounded and I opened the door. My whole body tensed, surprised to see Kyung stand before me.
He smiled at me, "Surprised?"
I nodded, "What are you doing here?"
"Um," he placed his left hand before me, palms out. "You dropped something yesterday."
I looked at his hands and noticed that he had a keychain - one that my dad had bought for me as a young girl. My hands trembled a bit as I grabbed the keychain from his hand. "Thanks."
He exhaled, "Well, bye."
"Wait," I clutched the keychain. Just like last night, I panicked, not knowing what I was doing or even saying anymore. "Do you... want to go grab a bite or something?" I asked, "I haven't had anything to eat."
"Sure." He smiled in reply. I raised a finger for him to give me a minute so I could go grab my bag. After doing so, I walked out of my place and trailed behind Kyung as we walked down the stairs. The sun was just about to set; its rays were dimming of light and concluding back into the bright ball. Our footsteps echoed off the walls and cars that surrounded us as we walked past. We were both silent, but inside my head millions of questions were popping and wanted to be asked.
Kyung cleared his throat and turned to look at me, which I turned to look back. I waited for him to say something but in the end, he turned to look away from me and we continued to walk in silence.

By this point, I wasn't even sure where we going to eat because I hadn't told him where I wanted to eat. Maybe he had an idea where. But just to be sure, I asked, "Where are we eating exactly?"
"You're the one who asked me to come along," he pointed out, "where should we head to before we walk too far and get to the end of the world."
I frowned and paused to think. "How about burgers?"
He nodded, "Sounds fine,"
"Great," I smiled, "I know a great place just nearby."

Within minutes we reached the place I had suggested. We walked in and stared at the menu for a couple of seconds before ordering. After that, we found a booth and sat in it - in another round of silence. Normally he would be asking me question after question, but instead he was just so quiet. It wasn't like him to be acting like this.

"Kyung," a voice called from behind me. I turned to look back and was surprised to see Hana there with a guy. I quickly looked away and noticed that Kyung had a smile on his face.
"Hana, Minhyuk," Kyung waved at the two. I could hear them walking towards us - and the rapid sound of my hear beatinng within my chest. What was I going to do now? If she finds that I'm here with Kyung I'm sure she'll tell Jaehyo how horrible of a person I am. I sunk into the seat and looked the other way as they stopped beside the table.
"What are you doing here?" the male - Minhyuk, I presumed - asked.
"You got yourself a girlfriend already?" Hana asked with a slight edge.
Kyung laughed, "She's a... someone I used to go to high school with and I just happened to bump into her here." He explained; he said my name and I swore I heard Hana gasped in surprised. "Why don't you say hi?"
I in my pride and decided to might as well face her since she seemed to recognize me. Clearing my throat, I turned to look at the two with the best fake smile. "Hi,"
"I didn't know you went to high school with Kyung," Hana perked her brows, "looks like you get around well,"
"She tutored me in math," Kyung added in.
Hana nodded, "Have you had any contact with Jaehyo?"
I nodded, "He called me this morning,"
"That's nice," she sighed, "I guess it just shows that he's really that in love with you."
"We should probably get going," Minhyuk tapped a finger on the table, "I'm only hanging out with you because my 'brother' told me to."
Hana rolled her eyes and nodded. "Bye,"

As soon as she walked away, I sighed in relief.
Kyung laughed, "You were nervous," he stated.
"Not... exactly," I answered, "she's just the type of person I don't like to associate myself with."
"Why's that?"
"Personal reason,"
"Okay," he leaned back with his arms crossed.
I frowned, "How do you know her?"
"She was kind of my date at Minhyuk's party," he answered, "but I ditched her to talk to you." Kyung slightly tilted his head to the side, "Though I do have to admit that it's cute seeing you all nervous like that." I stiffened at his comment and looked other way.
"Number 689." The intercom sounded. I slid from the booth and walked to the counter to grab our food. As we ate, Kyung asked me if things were okay with my mom and her husband after he had left.
I paused before answering his question. This was personal to talk about even though he knew bits of that story. "Things... were fine, I guess."
"You didn't get anymore... beatings, right?" He cautiously asked me.
"Well," I exhaled, "sometimes, I guess. But it's not like I wasn't used to it." I looked at his face and noticed how tensed his expression had turned. I quickly added, "It was only once after. My mom told him she would leave if he landed another hand on either of us."
"Your mom is still married to the guy?"
"What other choice does she even have?"
"She can get out of it,"
"You know things are not always that simple. She depends on him for certain things and vice versa. They need each other for support," I explained.

Kyung placed his burger onto the wrapper and leaned back, "Well, I'm done eating. Thanks for dinner." He slid from the booth.
"W-Wait," I placed my burger onto the wrapper and grabbed my bag, "we should walk together." He sighed and stood there as I slid from the booth. We grabbed our food and threw it into the trash bin as we walked out. Once out, the moon had already risen in the dark starry sky. We walked in another silence but after a couple of minutes, Kyung grabbed my hand and pointed it up to the sky.
"Stars," he smiled, releasing my hand, "I remember you saying something about liking them."
I nodded, "I do,"
"Do you remember when I showed the somewhat stars in that tent?"
I laughed, "I do,"
"Good times," he exhaled. Soon enough we reached my apartment and it was the end of us probably ever seeing other again. Kyung turned his body towards me, "Bye,"
"Wait," I clenched my fist, "do you want to come inside?"
He laughed and said my name sweetly, "It's time we said our good-byes," his hand brushed against mine. "We shouldn't see each other after today."
"But," I grabbed his hand and panicked. My lips parted to tell words that had been eating within my heart. "I... still
"
"Don't say it," he interrupted me. "it's not worth to lose someone else who will treat you better." He let go of my hand, turned around, and began to walk.
But before he could get any further away from me, I shouted, "Then why did you tell me you still love me?" My eyes welled with tears, "Why would say something like that to me when I had found someone who would treat me better? Are you just playing with my feelings to the way that you like so you could crush them in the end?" I waited for him to answer but he only stayed quiet. I walked towards him and stopped behind him. "Park Kyung, why aren't you saying anything?!"

Kyung turned around to look at me, eyes beading at me. "At the time, you told me you were in love with someone else." He simply answered, "I still love you
even now I do, but if I were to let you  love me back, I know you would still have a small percent of love for Jaehyo. I know that he makes you happy and I've seen how you look at him." The mention of Jaehyo brought me back to the reality that I was living in. "Even now, as I mention his name, your eyes round and show me that you think of him."
"He's..."
Kyung took a step back from me; his eyes looked into the distance behind me. "Bye,"

 


author's note: OTL sorry for a very very late update! I usually pre-write these chapters so when my updating-days comeI can do a quick proofread and then post them, but I got lazy in writing. I'm caught now though and trying to write my last chapter! WHOO! Lol thanks for reading as always!
@Yerlie303: Aww, I didn't think I would make you cry towards the end of that chapter D: hmm... well I guess it's because it's just their perspective of the person. Thanks for reading ^^
@kissme4life_99: aww well... there, there. Lol and well, same thing I said to the commenter above ^^