Welcome to Vietnam

Boys And Blossoms

IN THE PLANE

Sulli sat at her seat. True enough the seat is by the window. This is the first time she's taking a plane with many people. Usually she took private jet to travel with f(x). She felt as if she was like any other ordinary person. She kept wondering who will be beside her. Will it be a complete stranger? Will that stranger be a guy? Will he do anything to her? Those thoughts are freaking her out. 

Shinee finally board the plane. As usual, always making a grand entrance by appearing last. She saw Taemin, Onew, Key and Jonghyun walked passed her. Minho stopped and sat beside her. 

Sulli: Omo. 

Minho: What, do you have a problem? 

Sulli: Actually I'm a bit glad that it is you. Instead of some big ugly fat stranger. During this flight I won't be talking to you. I don't want you to spoil my day with those nasty and unwanted comments from you. 

Sulli immediately closed her eyes. 

Minho: Tsk. Fine. I don't even want to talk to you in the first place. 

The plane took off. Minho took out his iPod touch to listen to songs. He made sure that the stewardess don't catch him with the iPod. He will die of boredom without any music to entertain him for the next few hours. He heard that they won't even allow an iPod touch to be switched on while on board the plane. He thought that it was ridiculous! Sulli was already fast asleep beside him. He saw that head was going to bang the side of the window. He immediately placed his hand on her head to prevent her head from getting hurt. He guided her head to his shoulder. Aish this girl he thought.

After one and a half hours later, the stewardesses were getting ready to delivery food to them. Minho had to call her name a few times before she finally woke up. 

Sulli: Yah! What did I tell you? Don't talk to me right!!! 

Minho: Yah! The food is here that is why I woke you up, babo. 

Sulli was embarrassed. She didn't dare to say another word. Wait... Was I sleeping on his shoulder? Omo! she thought to herself. I must be more careful later. I will definitely fall asleep again.

Sulli fell asleep again right after eating. Wow this girl must be a pig! Minho thought to himself. Her head was going to bang the window again. Minho did the same thing as what he did before. He then continued listening to his songs. 

They finally arrived at Noi Bai International Airport after the three and a half hours. It was 12 in the afternoon. It was 15 degrees Celsius. After collecting their luggages they followed Mr Kim and Miss Son and took a mini van. The van looks very small. Surprisingly it was enough to fit all of them. They started chatting among themselves excitedly. The tour guide suddenly spoke into the mic. 

Tour guide: Xin Chao! Welcome to Hanoi. We will be going to the old quarters where you'll be staying in a hotel in that district. Since today is a Friday, tonight there will be a night market along the streets in the old quarters. You might want to shop there. You can bargain up to half of the price. So try your luck! 

The girls got excited. Well it's a girl's natural reaction when it comes to shopping and bargaining. 

Victoria: We are going to go right girls?

Girls: Of course! 

Minho: Yah we will be going with you guys. It's not safe for girls to be going out at night. 

Sulli: Yah! We can take care of ourselves. Don't worry about that. You don't have to come. 

Tour guide: Girls it's better for the guys to go along. He's right. It might not be safe. Furthermore there will be many people. There might be pick pockets! 

Sulli sighed. Well we have no choice she thought to herself. 

They finally reached the old quarters. All the buildings are so narrow but tall. This is the first time they went to Vietnam. So they were quite surprised to see the building structures. It turns out that they are staying in a hotel, at a corner of the street. The hotel is all white and it looks very grand although the hotel is attached to another shophouse beside it. 

Mr Kim: Now I will be assigning you to your rooms. Krystal and Amber, one room. Victoria and Luna, one room. Key and Onew, one room. Taemin and Jonghyun, one room. Sulli and Minho, one room. 

Sulli and Minho looked like they just saw a ghost. 

Sulli: Mr Kim! It's not right that a girl is sharing a room with a guy! I can just booked another room for myself. I can pay for it!

Mr Kim: Do you think I put you and Minho together on purpose? The rooms are fully booked. They only gave 4 rooms to us. You think I would want to share a room with Miss Son? I don't have a choice!

Miss Son smirked upon hearing this. 

Mr Kim: Don't worry. There are two separate beds. 

Argh! Can my trip get any worse?!?! Sulli thought.

They proceeded to their rooms. Sulli straightaway chose a bed that is beside a wall. 

Sulli: Yah! You take the bed next to the window. 

Minho: Why?! Are you scared you'll see something at night? Coward. 

Sulli: Shut up and be a gentleman. 

After everyone had put their luggages, they proceeded to the lobby. The tour guide was still there. He was going to bring everyone around the old quarters. They then walked to the lake nearby the hotel.

Tour guide: This is the Hoan Kiem Lake. It means 'lake of the restored sword'. According to the legend, once an emperor was out in a boat in the lake when a turtle grabbed his magic sword and disappeared. The people tried finding the sword but to no avail. The emperor concluded that the golden turtle god had reclaimed back his sword after it was given to the emperor during his revolt. The emperor then renamed the lake Luc Thuy which means green water to commemorate the event. Also, at this lake, big soft-shelled turtles were sighted and this species was considered to be endangered. 

All of them nodded. Minho took out his Canon 5D and started taking photos of the lake. He had a good shot of the lake when Sulli head suddenly appeared out of nowhere. 

Minho: Yah! Move your head! I wanna take a picture!

Sulli: Can you take me please??? Send me the picture later. Just one photo. 

Minho: Now you're being nice to me because of one photo. Fine fine!

Minho snapped a photo and showed Sulli the outcome. Sulli smiled brightly, Minho smirked. After that they proceeded to Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre. 

Tour guide: Okay! You will be watching a water puppet show where it shows folklores and legends of Vietnam. 

f(x), shinee and the teachers then proceeded into the theatre. Sulli sat with f(x) but to her bad luck, next to her was Minho. 

Sulli: Why am I always stuck with you?!

Minho: How would I know! You're the one who kept sticking onto me!

As soon as the lights dimmed, the air conditioning became stronger and the show started, Sulli fell asleep. After 15 minutes, Minho noticed that Sulli has been in the same position for the past 15 minutes. So he decided to guide her head to his shoulder. Amber, who was sitting beside her didn't notice this. Because all of f(x) was sleeping too! 

The show was ending and suddenly Sulli woke up and watched the show. What's with this girl? Minho thought. Aish! I fell asleep on his shoulder again! I'm going to pretend that I don't know anything! Sulli thought to herself. 

After the show ended everyone was complaining that they are hungry. 

The tour guide brought them to a Vietnamese restaurant around that area. Everyone ordered something except for Sulli. 

Sulli: There's nothing nice on the menu. 

Victoria: Sulli, you have to eat something or you'll get gastric! 

Minho: Sulli, why not you try Pho? It's beef noodles. Just eat that okay? I'm sure it's quite nice.

Sulli: Okay.

The rest of the girls were shocked. Minho was being nice to Sulli! They were exchanging glances when Victoria suddenly said

Victoria: I need to go to the toilet. 

The girls: Ya us too!

The girls went down the the first level. They were at the second level. 

Victoria: Girls. Minho was being nice to Sulli. And the other boys so far did not do anything to us. Should we try to be nice to them too?

Amber: Yeah I think so too. I think they are trying to be nice to us. Since it was going to be a 6 weeks trip. 

Krystal & Luna: I agree. 

Sulli thought for a moment. Minho didn't mind her sleeping on his shoulder. Maybe she should be nice to him in return. 

Sulli: Yeah me too. 

When they went back up the food was already served. They started eating. 

Sulli: Wow daebak, it's really not bad!!! 

The rest of them smiled. 

After they finished eating, they walked around the area. There were many shops selling many things. Before that the tour guide said. 

Tour guide: Well I will leave you guys for now. Tomorrow we are going to Halong Bay! So please wake up early!

The teachers went back to the hotel first and told the kids to be back to the hotel by 10pm. The girls wanted to go to Nine West which was located at the other side of the road. But the cars are not stopping. Minho grabbed Sulli's hand, Taemin grabbed Krystal's hand, Onew grabbed Luna's hand, Key grabbed Amber's hand and Jonghyun grabbed his sister's hand. The guys just started walking. 

Minho: Sulli, don't look at the cars. Just walk. 

Sulli nodded. The cars were zooming passed them very fast. But they didn't get hit. The girls were relieved that the guys were there. The girls started shopping at Nine West. After that they proceeded to Aldo. The guys just stood outside and waited for them. 

Soon the night came crawling and the tents are being put up for the night market. The girls were excited and started shopping. There's this booth that was selling pillow hand phone charms. On the pillow the booth owner will write the names that people want. 

Victoria: Should we get this??

The girls nodded. They started choosing pillows. The pillows have different designs. The girls decided to do for the guys too. After paying they left the booth so that the booth owner can prepare their pillows with their names. There were many people and it was so packed. Sulli bought some table runners for her family, so did the girls. The girls urged the guys to buy the table runners for their mums. 

There was this booth which sells perfume at a cheap price. Both f(x) and shinee splurged on the perfumes and they bought 5 bottles per person! 

Luna: This is really cheap! Omo! We should come here often to shop!

They continued shopping. Along the way they bought hot dogs which was selling along the streets. They walked back to the pillow hand phone charm booth and collected the pillows. The girls gave the guys their charms. The guys thanked them and the girls smiled. They decided to grab coffee before they went back to the hotel. They went to Highlands Coffee which was located right above Aldo and all of them ordered hot drinks since it was cold and windy on the second floor. Lucky for them they wore jackets. From there they could see the whole Hoan Kiem Lake. It was beautiful. 

Jonghyun: Wow the day just ended so fast!

Onew: Where did you girls get such stamina? We were so tired. 

The girls grinned. 

Krystal: A day well spent! I slept during the puppet show though...

Victoria. Luna, Amber, Sulli: Me too...

Key: You girls are so ungrateful. How could you sleep?!

Taemin whacked Key. 

Taemin: Yah! You slept too okay!

Everyone laughed and they chatted til it was almost 10pm. They went back to the hotel and to their rooms. 

Sulli: Minho... Thanks for... Your shoulder. 

Minho: No problem. Now go bathe and get some rest. We have to wake up early tomorrow. 

Sulli: Okay!

---

An early update! I will be studying the whole day tomorrow as my exams are nearing. Thus this chapter is for you guys :)

Whatever I mentioned in this chapter are the places I went to when I was in Vietnam. I vaguely remember about the legend of the lake. But this is a rough idea. And the pillow hand phone charm is super cute! So if you guys go there do check those pillows out!