Finals Day

Crack In A Perfect Wall

The week of my finals finally came. I’m prepared. Prepared for everything. For the exam, prepared to fail, prepared to live my whole life working at the Chillz, prepared to go to college if I made it. I’ve set my mind and heart that whatever the outcome is, I will work hard to support my family and raise my children.

“All the best!” Jiyoon said with a smile when she was seeing me off at the door.

I smiled. “Can I get a goodluck kiss then?”

Her expression seemed shocked and she looked away awkwardly. “Um…”

I chuckled short and leaned over to give her a kiss on the cheek. “I love you,” I whispered to her ear. I could see her starting to blush and I feel that I have to get away before she started punching me for making her blush.

I stepped away quickly when I saw her hand was about to punch my arm. She missed and I laughed when she pouted.

“I’ll call you when I’m coming home. Be safe,” I said as I caressed her cheek softly. She just nodded and with that I went out.

I met my friends as usual before the exam starts and we have to gather in the examination hall. They didn’t care about exam of course. They told me they didn’t even want to come to school if it wasn’t to give me ‘support’.

The time has come and we went in.

 

The dates for each papers were widely stretched and it takes up the whole month. As each paper ended, I felt like a burden was lifted from my shoulders one by one. I don’t care about the results yet. All I know is I did my best.

I stopped working at the Chillz for that whole month so that I could focus fully on my exams. I spend the days when I don’t have any paper to sit for, studying. Jiyoon has been really understanding from the start and she tried her best to do everything herself when I’m studying. But of course, I don’t want anything to happen to her. I help her whenever I saw her doing something heavy or tiring and told her to just rest. Jiyoon being Jiyoon, she’s quite stubborn and its very hard to tell her to rest.

Time flies not only when you’re having fun but also when you’re busy and you always feel like you don’t have enough time. The day for my final paper is finally here and it felt as if it was just yesterday that I was sitting for my first paper.

As usual, I went to school and sat for the paper. This is it. The last paper. You can do it Junhyung.

 

Jiyoon’s POV

I was just in the living room, watching some tv shows. I have learn to accept Junhyung as my husband and not just a bestfriend. But it still takes time for me to show my love or him. I love him. But I’m not the type to be all lovey dovey to someone. And Junhyung knows it. Which is why he doesn’t force me or get mad when I don’t kiss him first or say that I love him.

He’s doing well with his studies and I couldn’t be anymore proud. He used to be the laziest person to study and just simply give up when things get hard. Seeing how mature he has changed, really made me respect him and love him even more as my husband. Its still weird though to say that he’s my husband when all my life I thought he’d only be my bestfriend.

All of a sudden I felt a contraction in my stomach. Its normal to have contractions but when the contractions are at shorter intervals and stronger in intensity, I know its something else.

I bit my lip trying to contain the pain and I started panting. I wanted to call Junhyung but he was having his paper. Maybe he’s having a break?

I reached out for my phone, holding my stomach with one hand and dialled his number. It rang again and again but no response. The pain was increasing and its hard to even move.

Junhyung.. I need you… Junhyung….

 

Junhyung’s POV

“Time’s up! Put your pens down.”

I breathe out slowly as I sat there, waiting for my paper to be collected. Finally. It ended. I smiled to myself after finishing what it seemed like a tough race for me. I didn’t give up and I managed to finish the race.


“Junhyung-ah! Its overrrr!!! Let’s go to the arcade!” Doojoon said as he sling his arm around my shoulders. the others agreed cheerfully and waiting for my answer.

“Sorry guys, I’ll have to pass,” I said apologetically.

“Ahhh.. Of course of course..” Gikwang said smirking.

Dongwoon chuckled. “Can’t wait to get back to Jiyoon already~”

I just smiled and shook my head.

“But we’ll meet some other time right? Come on bro we’ve not hangout for a long time,” Doojoon said.

“Yeah of course. I’ll call you guys up,” I said.

We bid goodbyes and I was more than ready to go home. Maybe I’ll bring Jiyoon out to eat or something. Its been awhile since we really do anything together.

I took out my phone and unlocked it. I stopped on my tracks immediately when I saw 12 missed calls from Jiyoon and 2 from an unknown number. My heart was beating so fast I couldn’t even think  of what to do. Did something happened? Was her labor today?? Is she okay??

I called her number again and again but no answer. Finally I decided to call the unknown number, hoping that its someone that knows what happened to Jiyoon.

1…2…3 rings.

“Hello?”

“Um.. h-hello,” I was stuttering and my hands are already shaking. “I got 2 calls from this number. M-may I know who is this?”

“Hold on, let me check the call list,” the lady said.

“Oh Mr Yong! Yes this is from Seoul General Hospital. We called because your wife is currently in labor and we need you to be here right now,” she said hurriedly.

 


 

So sorry I've not been updating this. But I'm back! And this fic will end maybe at the next chapter or two more chapters. Most probably the next chapter^^