Lesson Learnt

Crack In A Perfect Wall

I hung up quickly and for a moment I couldn’t even breathe. . How the hell am I supposed to get there on time???

Just as I was about to turn and make a run for it, I bumped into Ms Song.

“Oh Junhyung! Where are you hurrying to?” she asked with a smile. But the smile quickly vanished as soon as she saw my worried and probably pale, face.

“Are you okay?” she asked again.

“Ms Song, do you have a car? Can you please send me to Seoul General Hospital now?” I said while panting as if I’ve been running.

“Oh? Yeah sure sure,” she said and hurriedly lead me to the school carpark where her car is. I was really thankful she didn’t need any further explanations. It would just waste more time.

 

I reached the hospital in no time. As I was getting out, I was hurrying to thank Ms Song but she told me to just get to Jiyoon quickly, chasing me away. I bowed quickly and ran for my life inside the hospital. I went to the receptionist and asked for Jiyoon. They said she was in the process of giving birth but I can still go in. One of the nurse ushered me to the labor ward.

I heard Jiyoon screaming when the door opened and I was hurriedly pushed inside. The nurse had already taken my bag for me and told me to stand beside Jiyoon. I was so scared seeing her condition, I thought I might faint there. And don’t get me started on the amount of blood I just saw.

Jiyoon saw me as she was panting and I quickly held her hand tightly. Well more like she was the one crushing my hand. I winced slightly as I heard my knuckles cracked but gave my full attention to Jiyoon that was clearly in pain. She was sweating and panting so hard, breathing in and out following the doctor’s orders.

“I’m here. You can do it. I know you can,” I said, kissing the back of her hand and pushing a few strands of hair out of her face. Jiyoon looked at me and managed a weak nod.

“Okay Jiyoon. One more okay. One more. Push!!!” the doctor said.

Jiyoon gave one hard push, clenching her teeth tightly at the same time crushing my hand. I swear I might have broke some bones. But that’s not important. The one that’s in more pain right now is Jiyoon.

Suddenly I heard a baby’s cry. I sighed in relief.

“Jiyoon, a few more push and its over. Okay? Just a little more.” Oh damn. I forgot I have twins.

I nodded to Jiyoon pretending as if I didn’t just forget how many children I was supposed to have. “You’ve been great. Just a little more.”

Jiyoon nodded and the doctor’s orders came next just like the first one.

 

“You can go see the twins if you want to,” Jiyoon said tiredly.

“I’ve seen them with you just now right? Now I’ll be here. With you,” I smiled and kissed her forehead.

She wanted to roll her eyes but I guess she’s still too tired that she just looked at me sideways.

“Sorry I was late. Really really sorry,” I apologised, kissing the back of her hand again and again.

I felt her hand the back of my head gently. “Its fine.. I know you were taking your exam.”

I looked up at her and rested my chin on her hand that’s in mine. “Still. How did you get to the hospital?”

“I took a cab,” she said simply.

“What?? You took a cab??” I said standing up.

“Yes Yong Junhyung. I took a cab. Gosh.. I still can walk you know,” she said.

“B-but.. you.. You were in pain!” I said, sitting back down slowly.

“It come and go. The contractions. So I can still walk,” she said. I pouted slightly thinking back how I wasn’t there for her when she needed me most. I looked down, biting on my lip.

“Everything is fine now right? I’m safe, the twins are too. Besides, you were there with me when I was giving birth. So its fine,” she smiled, patting my shoulder.

I looked up and just looked at her. She just smiled to reassure me again. “I love you. You know that right?” I said.

Her face suddenly turned red and she looked away. I just continued to look at her and she nodded slowly.

I stood up and sat at the edge of the bed, beside her. I placed my hand on her cheek and turned her head towards me. She looked at me questioningly.

Without hesistating any further I placed a sweet kiss on her lips. I pulled away shortly after and just looked at her, waiting for her response. Any response.

“That’s.. not our first right?” she asked.

I chuckled. “Seriously? That’s the first thing you say?” She punched me on the upper arm weakly.

“Yes.. That’s not our first. But our first is when we were drunk. So I guess the feeling now is different?” I said, tucking her hair behind her ear.

She nodded slowly, agreeing. I tilted my head slightly to the side just admiring her. its amazing how you can look at a person so differently after some things happened even after years seeing her in a certain way.

“Yah. Stop staring,” she said.

“Why?” I smirked.

“I don’t like to stared at,” she said looking straight into my eyes.

“Fine then. I’ll stare at you when you’re asleep,” I chuckled and sat back on the chair beside the bed.

“That’s really creepy Yong Junhyung.”

“Can you try to call me jagiya or yeobo for once? I want to hear it,” I said, changing the topic.

“Nope. And will never happen,” she stuck her tongue out.

“Yah…. Just once?”

“Nope nope! Never!” she said childishly.

 

~~~

“Junhyung-ah~ There’s a letter for you,” Jiyoon called me from the living room.

“Coming~” I went to the living room and she passed me the letter that just came. After that she went back to the kitchen with Leah in her arms.

I tore open the envelope quickly and unfolded the letter.

“What is it?” she asked.

“Um.. College entrance,” I said, reading the letter carefully.

“Did you get in?”

I sighed and looked up at her with a small smile. I wlked over to her and sat beside her. She passed me the bowl to feed the twins while she took the letter from me.

“You got in!” she said happily smiling so wide. I just smiled seeing her happy.

“But what’s with the expression? You look like you’re forced to smile,” she asked.

“I got into the lowest college ever. A college for students who got just enough points for college entry,” I said, feeding a spoonful of baby food to Leah.

“So what? Its still college. They still teach you the same things they teach in other colleges. Its not the school that matters Jun. It’s the student,” she said.

I looked at her judgingly, trying to control my smile. “Have you been reading again?”

She smacked my arm. I saw that coming. “Aish! Of course I have to read. I have to learn how to motivate my husband so he’ll keep on working hard and never give up.”

“Aww… My jagiya so sweet nowadays huh..” I pinched her cheek lightly. Leah and Leo end up laughing cheerfully seeing how I treated Jiyoon like a child. She smacked away my hand and took the bowl from me.

“Go and shower now! You stink!” she said, pointing to the bathroom. “Right? Daddy stinks right?” she asked the twins. They just smiled widely.

“Fine fine. I’ll shower. Anyone wants to follow daddy?” I said to them. Leo had his little hands stretched out and I was about to take him when Jiyoon stopped me.

“Yah they bathe already..” she said.

“Really? Ah.. I’ll come back soon okay Leo?” I said to him and kissed his chubby cheeks.

 

Eversince the twins were born, I never showed them to my mother. Jiyoon wanted to but she always ened up disappointed when she called her mother. Obviously both of them have no more interest in our lives and so we shall leave it like that. We are happy living with our small average family and we don’t need to depend on our mothers’ wealth. But no matter how much I hate them both, I sincerely want to thank them for forcing the marriage upon us and let us learn the really hard way of life.

 

 

 

 

EPILOGUE

 

I just got back from school and I was feeling extremely tired that I went straight to the bedroom. Finally its Friday and I don’t have any extra classes so it means I got to go home early. Jiyoon was cooking lunch with the twins playing by themselves in the living room when I got home.

I collapsed on the bed immediately and closed my eyes. Suddenly I felt my finger being pulled lightly. By a small hand.

I peeked through my eyelids and saw Leah standing beside the bed, looking at me and holding my finger with her little hand.

“Hey.. You want to sleep too?” I asked. She nodded cutely and I managed a tired chuckle before sitting up and carrying her. I placed her to lie on my chest.

“Leah sleep okay? Daddy is very very tired right now..” I said softly and she just hugged my neck and snuggled her face on my chest in response. I took it as an okay sign and was about to sleep back when I heard Jiyoon’s panic voice from outside.

“Leo, where’s Leah??” she asked. After awhile I heard her grumble to herself.

She opened the door to the bedroom and saw me. She was shocked seeing Leah with me and wanted to take her so she won’t disturb my rest but I just shook my head telling her its okay. She just sighed and nodded and left the room, closing the door behind her quietly.

 


So that's it! Thank you for staying with this fic for so long and sorry for the late end chapter :( I really hope you're not that disappointed with the ending. Again, thank you for reading, subscribing and for some, commenting. Every one of it makes me happy :))