Sick

Crack In A Perfect Wall

 

“Bro, are you okay? You seemed to be coughing a lot these few days,” Kikwang said as we were walking to one of the classes.

“Yeah I’m fine,” I said, coughing. I feel kind of sick these few days but as long as I still can walk, I consider myself as fine.

He placed his hand on my forehead. “Oh bro! You’re having a fever!” he exclaimed as he quickly retreat his hand away.

“I’ll be okay. We’re going to be late. Come on let’s go,” I said. The guys had been really concerned about me and Jiyoon. They don’t like studying, so all they could do was not skip class and accompany me since Jiyoon is no longer around.

Apparently I’m not okay. I started feeling dizzy in the second class and I can barely breathe because I’ve been coughing so much.

“Junhyung-ah, you look so pale right now. Go home,” Doojoon said during lunch.

“No no.. I’m fine. Really,” I insisted. I’m not obviously. But I can’t go home. I spent the whole night yesterday finishing my homework and I have some questions that I don’t understand. I have to stay until school ends.

I kept hitting my forehead with my fist to stop the constant thumping in my head. Nothing could go into my head right now but I tried my best to focus. Finally, the bell rang indicating end of lesson and school. Students were all packing quickly and rushing out, leaving me alone in the classroom at the end.

As I stood up, I supported myself by holding onto the tables as I walked out. I was about to reach the backdoor when I lost balanced and my eyes couldn’t focus anymore. The next thing I see was total darkness.

 

I opened my eyes slowly and saw that I was in some bright white room. I’m not in heaven right? I wanted to sit up but the pain at the back of my head made me lay back down immediately. Looking around slowly, I realised I was in a hospital. I must have fainted just now.

Suddenly the door opened and Jiyoon barged in hurriedly. The guys were trying to calm her down but she pushed all of them aside. Seeing that I was awake, she heaved a big sigh of relief and leaned against the wall.

“I thought you died pabo!” she said.

I raised an eyebrow. “Aww you care about me..” I smirked.

“Wipe off that stupid smirk. If you die I’m left alone. Of course I care,” she said, taking a seat beside my bed. I just laughed.

“You’re feeling okay now bro?” Doojoon asked. I just nodded.

“He better be! Did you know that the doctor had to somehow ‘spray’ you under a really cold water just to bring your temperature down??” she said.

“Seriously??” I asked wide eyed.

“You were having a really high fever Junhyung-ah. I told you to go home..” Doojoon said.

“Yeah you should have listened to us,” Dongwoon said.

“And since when do I listen to others?” I asked. All of them kept quiet.

“Yeah we forgot. You only listen to Jiyoon,” Yoseob teased and the rest chuckled and nodding in agreement. I clicked my tongue and looked away. How dare they.

“We should have called Jiyoon sooner to ask you to go home!” Gikwang said. I glared at each one of them.

“Okay okay. We should go now. Get well soon Junhyung-ah!” Doojoon said and ushered the others to go out too.

Jiyoon just sat beside me in silence.

“Who took you here?” I asked.

“The cab driver,” she said in a matter-of-fact way.

“By yourself??” I said, sitting up but when suddenly remembered about the pain on my head, I winced and pressed on the pain with my hand.

“Are you okay?” she asked rather coolly but I can tell she’s quite worried. I just nodded, shutting my eyes tight.

“You must have hurt your head when you collapsed. Lie back down,” she said, pushing my body down on the bed.

“Why did you come here by yourself?” I asked softly, still feeling the pain.

“Because you’re here?” she said and then chuckled at the end.

“You shouldn’t have come..” I whined.

“Its fine. Its not like I’m on the wheelchair-bound or something. I’m just pregnant,” she said shrugging. I just sighed.

The doctor walked in with a nurse and smiled to me and Jiyoon. “How are you feeling Junhyung?” he asked me.

“Okay I guess,” I said.

He did some simple checks and write everything down on his clipboard.

“Okay I think you’ll be good to go in a about 3 days. You’re still slightly weak from the high fever,” he said.

“3 days?? No no I can’t. I have to go home now. I don’t want to stay here,” I said.

“That will be impossible Junhyung. Don’t worry 3 days is not that long,” he said.

“I have work and school doctor. Please.. I can’t skip both of them,” I said pleadingly. Never would I thought I would beg someone to let me to go to school.

“That’s exactly why you are sick Junhyung. You overwork too much. Balancing work and studies. You need some rest,” he said.

I sighed. “Okay I’ll rest. I’ll promise I’ll rest at home. Please don’t keep me here for 3 days. Please..” I tried again.

He sighed and looked at his clipboard. “Okay I can let you be discharge tomorrow. But you have to rest. Take a day or two off work for awhile. Your health is more important then money.”

I just nodded, thanking the doctor.

“Oh and do you need to call your parents? To say that you’re not coming home tonight?” he said before leaving.

“My parents are not around. My wife is here,” I said, gesturing towards Jiyoon.

“I’m sorry? Did you just say-“

“Yes wife. I’m married. And she’s my wife,” I said.

The doctor seemed speechless after that. Its like as if he don’t know what to say.

“Erm can she stay here for the night?” I asked.

“Um.. I don’t think so Junhyung,” he said.

“But you see, she’s pregnant. She already had to come all the way here on her own and now you expect me to let her go home alone? Again? What if something bad happens? Will you be responsible for it?” I said.

“Is there anyone that can take you home maybe? A sibling or a friend? Or maybe your parents?” he asked Jiyoon.

“I’m the only child and my only friend is him. My mother is at some other country as usual, too busy with her work. I have no father,” she said seriously. Maybe she’s irritated by the doctor’s constant questionings.

“Oh.. Then I guess.. I can ask for an exception,” he said, turning to the nurse and back to me. I smiled and bowed slightly.

“Thank you doctor. I really appreciate it,” I said.

He just nodded and walked out with the nurse.

Jiyoon chuckled. “Since when do you learn to plead?” she asked.

“Its not funny okay. I really need to go to school and work. I’ve never felt so stressed before,” I said with a pout.

“Aigoo~ Its okay I’m here. And like the doctor said, don’t overwork,” she said, my hand gently. I just nodded.

Jiyoon shared my dinner since she hadn’t eaten anything yet. I was talking about school when I notice she fell asleep beside me, with her head on the bed. The hospital was already quite dark outiside since its passed visiting hours.

Slowly I got down the bed and carried Jiyoon to the bed. Its very uncomfortable to be sleeping in that position especially with the fact that she’s pregnant. I could have shared the bed with her but I don’t want to pass my sickness to her. so I just sat at her seat and lie my head down on the bed, looking at her sleeping face. I felt my eyes getting heavier and my eyes closed willingly, bringing me to dreamland.

 

If you have questions you want to ask, you can ask me here! ask.fm/eyenazz :) But pleeeaaassee don't ask me when I'm going to update coz I really don't know so I can't answer that.

tumblr_m4wudeLFuG1rs97fco1_500.gif