Don't leave me alone

Crack In A Perfect Wall

 

It was a Saturday and I worked overtime at the library, going home only when it closes. It was definitely cold but luckily I had my thick jacket with me. Walking home in the cold breeze doesn’t even bother me anymore after withstanding the cold air-conditioner in the library for the whole day.

I was so busy the whole day, I didn’t even call or text to check up on Jiyoon. I took out my phone and gave her a text asking if she needed anything since I was on my way home. She replied immediately that she needed nothing. I raised an eyebrow, looking at her reply. One, it was fast. Jiyoon was next a fast texter. She’ll take a long time to reply with a just a word. Two, she never said nothing. Even if she does really mean she wanted nothing, she’d play around and told me things that are impossible to get. I wanted to call her but I was already reaching back to our apartment. I’ll just ask her when I get back home.

“Jiyoon~” I stepped into the dark apartment, kicking off my shoes to the side. There was some light coming out from our bedroom and the door was closed. I went straight to the room, thinking Jiyoon must be there. I opened the door and walked in slowly. I just saw her sitting by the bed, as if waiting for me, and she had already went to hug me tight before I could even close the door.

I chuckled. “Do you miss me that much?” I said. But then I realsied something. she was crying.

“Yah Jiyoon-ah.. What’s wrong?” I asked, looking down at her face. She shook her head on my chest but continued crying.

“Come here..” I brought her to the bed and we sat side by side, while she was still hugging me.

“Yah… What’s wrong? If its about me not calling you the whole day, I’m so sorry. I got caught up with my work and I seriously forgot. Did something happened at home?” I asked, her hair lightly.

She sobbed lightly and shook her head. “I called my mum today…” she cried. I just remained quiet for her to continue.

“And then her secretary picked up… I told her I just wanted to talk to her for awhile…” she said sadly.

“The secretary wanted to pass her the phone but then she.. she didn’t want it… She kept giving the excuse she was busy… But she wasn’t…” she cried again after explaining. I patted her back, trying to calm her down. But something was amiss.

“Um… But Jiyoon-ah.. Isn’t that normal? You know, normal for us? Our mothers never cared about us. Why are you so sad about this now?” I asked feeling confused.

She sobbed but just remained silent.

“Are you sure that’s the reason why you are so sad? Come on. You know you can tell me anything. Did you get hurt or something?” I said, caressing her cheek and lifting her head up slightly to make her look at me.

She stared at me for awhile with her teary red eyes and then she spoke.

“I went to the library today…” she said softly, looking down and started playing with my shirt.

“I thought I wanted to surprise you and then wait for you so we can go home together…..” she said slowly, sobbing in between.

Her sobs started to get louder as if she was remembering back the part that made her really sad. “I looked every level for you. And when I finally found you, you were.. you were chatting happily with one of your girl colleagues. You don’t always smile I know that. So she must have made you really happy…”

I wanted to say something but she continued.

“I don’t mind if you want her or anything. But will you leave me? Like, when the twins are born, will you leave and give me money to just take care of myself?” she looked up sadly. I can’t help but chuckle.

“Yah.. I think you watch too much dramas,” I said and she punched my stomach.

“Aigoo~ Well its true what she said huh…” I commented.

“Huh?”

“The girl that you saw me talking to. She said to be prepared coz usually pregnant women are a little bit sensitive and I should understand,” I said.

“At first, yes, she was about to flirt with me. I mean come on, who wouldn’t?” I said proudly, earning me yet another punch.

“But, I made it clear to her that I’m happily married and soon-to-be-father of a pair of twins,” I smiled. She pouted to hide her smile and kept playing with my shirt.

“And you know what made me really happy while talking to her?” I asked. She just shook her head.

I sighed, thinking whether or not I should tell her since it was quite embarrassing. “Well I kinda….bragged… about you,” I bit my lower lip.

“Meaning?” she asked.

Here goes nothing. “I told her how strong you were to endure all these at a young age. And how understanding you were on my jobs and school work that you didn’t even ask me to massage you when you were in pain. You put the importance of my rest first before your own comfort. I mean, not all preganant women are like that. And the cravings. I know for sure you have some just like other women do. But you didn’t whine to me for anything. Your cravings, you kept it to yourself coz you didn’t want to bother me.”

“I think she won’t even talk to me anymore coz I brag too much about you,” I covered my face with my hand.

She giggled to herself. “Well serve you right for talking so much,” she mumbled.

“What can I say! She started it first you know. She asked, “So how’s your wife?” and then all those started pouring our like the rain. Like the rain, when it starts, you can’t easily stop it right?” I defended myself.

“Since when are you so poetic?” she said.

“I didn’t recite any poem,” I said. She chuckled, shaking her head and pushed herself away from my body. She sat up and looked at me.

“So are you okay now? You know I won’t leave you no matter what right? Girls are going after me, but I’m always here. With you,” I said, cupping her face in my hands, wiping her tears with my thumb.

She just pouted and looked down. I lifted her chin up and looked into her eyes.

“Jiyoon-ah…” I said softly.

“Hm?” she raised her eyebrows slightly.

“Saranghae.”

 

So sorry didn;t update this for long. Was busy with my other fics.... :( But I'm back now!

Comment && Subscribe!! ^^