News

Crack In A Perfect Wall

 

I leaned on my locker, looking around. Every student walked passed me timidly. Some who stared at me, I glared at them and then see them scurrying away. Well that’s my highschool life. Being a bully somehow excites me. But don’t be mistaken that I don’t have any friends. I mean in a school there bound to be more than one troublemakers right? All of them are my friends.

“Suppp~” Dongwoon highfived me as he approached.

“Waiting for your girl?” he smirked. I rolled my eyes.

“She’s not my girlfriend. Gosh how many times must I say that?” I groaned. Its true. She’s my bestfriend. Nothing will ever change that. We both never have feelings for each other and it will stay that way forever.

He laughed and nodded. “Its just fun to tease you guys you know. Well mid term break is coming soon. Got any plans?” he asked.

“Nah. For now my plan is just to slack at home or hang out with her,” I said.

He smirked again. This time he wriggles his eyesbrows up and down. I quickly smacked his head and he winced in pain. “Ow…”

“That’ll teach you. Don’t you have class? Go!” I said, chasing him away.

“Arasso~ See you later!” he waved at me and walked to his class. Just as he moved away, I saw Jiyoon walking towards me with her head down, crossing her arms across her chest. She had her hoodie on with the hood up. I frowned as she opened our shared locker without acknowledging me.

“Not a good day?” I asked. She didn’t reply. Instead she pursed her lips and continued looking for her things.

“Are you actually looking for books? You know we don’t study right..” I said, looking into the locker to see what she was finding. Apparently, she’s just fumbling with the things inside.

“Yah.. What’s wrong with you..” I said as I grabbed both her hands and make her turn to me.

She looked down on our hands while I stared at her with an arched eyebrow. Slowly she pulled her hands away from mine and closed the locker after taking a chocolate bar we kept inside. Yes, we store food instead of books inside our locker.

She walked passed me and I had to catch up after her. We went straight to our classroom and sat all the way at the back, where our usual seats are. I continue to look at her as she continued to ignore me. She’s never like this. Even when she has problems with her mum, or angry with something, she would take it all out on me. I rather she shout and hit me countlessly even when I’m not in the wrong than to just sit and pretend as if I’m not there.

I took out our conversation book where we always write in whenever we’re in detention. Coz talking in detention would only extend our time there. No one wants that.

I slide the book infront of her on the table. Luckily she opened it and read what I wrote.

You okay?

She took out her pen and wrote back. Then she passed it back to me.

I want to die.

I sighed and wrote back.

There’s no problem we can’t solve. Tell me.

I can’t.

I was about to write back when the teacher came in. We stood up to greet and all but that’s about it. Jiyoon and I never pay attention in any class. Usually we would talk or play games but she’s not responding to me today.

Both of us have almost the same hobbies. One of the things is drawing. I drew in the book to let her see while she drew in her own sktechbook.

I was about to show her my sketch of her side profile with her hoodie on when I saw what she sketched. It was a girl, lying on the ground. And blood was all over her. There was a small bundle beside the girl.

~

The day went awfully slow and mundane since Jiyoon didn’t talk at all. But I still stayed with her all along like I always do. I do have other friends but I’m not that heartless to leave my bestfriend when she’s obviously troubled.

Finally school ended and I walked out of the main gates with her when we saw a black car that seemed to be waiting for someone. Her mum stepped out and called her over with an angry expression on her face.

Jiyoon’s face looked scared all of a sudden. She speed walked towards her mum, leaving me behind. Since when is she scared of her mum? And why is her mum even here? She’s always busy with her work and never has the time for her daughter. I just went home, hoping that she’ll call me tonight to explain some things.

 

Jiyoon’s POV

I went into the car and my mum sat beside me. She turned her body to me. She couldn’t have found out right?

“Do you have something to tell me? Huh?” she asked angrily.

“N-no..”

“Then what is this??” she raised her voice and showed me something in a plastic ziplock bag. She really did found out.

“You dare to tell me its not yours??” she said even before I replied.

“Who did this to you?? Which random guy did you sleep with??”

“Omma!” Is she implying that I sleep with random guys?? I’m not a !

“Then?? Who?? As far as I know, you don’t have a boyfriend” she said.

“J-junhyung..” I said softly.

“WHAT?? YOUR BESTFRIEND?? I knew I couldn’t trust him!” After that she quickly told the driver to go to Junhyung’s house.

“Omma! Why are you going to his house??” I said panickly.

“Why?? To tell his mother! To make him take the responsibility for his actions!”

“I can just go for abortion”

“Are you crazy?! That’s murder! How can you even think of doing that!” I tried my best to stop my mum but she wouldn’t listen.

~

We reached his place in no time and before I know it, my mum is already complaining to his mum who happened to be on leave. Usually she would be busy working. Just like mine. His mum was furious. Surprisingly she believed and didn’t say that her son wouldn’t do such a thing.

Junhyung just got back when our mothers were thinking of a way to solve the problem. He sure looked shocked to see me there.

“Ah the boy is here. Sit Junhyung,” his mum said. He looked at me, confused.

“Jiyoon, why not you tell him,” my mum smirked. She’s not angry anymore it seems. Its like she’s enjoying my torture now.

“Tell me what?” Junhyung asked. He was sitting across me, looking directly at me and no one else.

I bit my lip, played with my fingers and all, trying to make one of the mums impatient and let them tell him instead. But no. They were extremely patient.

Junhyung nudged my hand and I looked up. He looked concerned and raised his eyebrows questioningly.

“I’m pregnant,” I said softly. His face slowly changed to shock and horror.

 

Comment && Subscribe ^^

Thank you for the first 17 subscribers who subscribed even though I just showed a poster with no description whatsoever. 

And to my first subscriber of this fic, SEOULCHAE! :))