Their Promise

Crack In A Perfect Wall

 

We got back to the resort around night time. Actually we are not the type who would just walk around and go sight-seeing. That is definitely not us. But with the new things going on, we talked a lot. And not about crappy things but for the first time, its about serious issues. Like how our future together is going to be, how is Junhyung going to catch up with the class after not paying attention for the whole time he’s in school and other things. I also confessed to him that I was scared.

Yes I am scared. What if we can’t survive? What if we become one of those families that lived by the road? You might think our mothers would never let that happen. But if they care more about their reputation, they might just migrate and disown us forever. Trust me, they will.

We only have each other. No matter how we fight, we will still be with each other. I hope.

Flashback

“Yah are you about this?” I said looking at the penknife on his hand.

He laughed wholeheartedly. “Since when is Jeon Jiyoon a coward??”

“I’m not okay! I’m just asking if YOU are sure about this. I’m fine,” I said arrogantly. But in fact I am slightly scared. I mean, its knife and blood. Damn why do I have such a stupid friend doing stupid things with me. He should have said no when I suggested it.

“Arasso~ Give me your hand,” he said, taking my hand which I instantly pulled back.

“Why must it be me first??” I said pretending to be angry.

He smirked. “Haha~ You are scared. Its okay. Junhyung oppa is here,” he said proudly.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Oppa my .

I looked at his hand when he’s finally doing it. I bit my lip seeing Junhyung slide the penknife on his palm slowly and fresh red blood started to flow out. He hissed and winced slightly as he felt the pain.

“I think that’s long enough. Your turn now,” he said, looking at me.

Slowly I extend out my hand towards him and placed my hand on top of his wrist that’s with the bloody palm. Doing it myself would be easier but no way am I going to see that blood coming out from my hand.

I pursed my lips and took in a deep breath. Junhyung just smiled and shook his head. Carefully he slit my palm making the cut as long as his. The pain was not as bad as I expected though. But the moment I saw blood from my own hand I shut my eyes, waiting for the moment to end.

Just then I felt Junhyung stop the cut and placed his bloody palm on top of mine and intertwined our fingers together. I opened my eyes and he tightened the hold, pressing the cuts against each other.

“So with this bloody hands, I promise to be with Jeon Jiyoon until my last breath,” Junhyung said.

I laughed. “Yeah with the power of the bloody hands, I promise to be with Yong Junhyung until I die.”

In the end the both of us laughed and lay down on the grass of the open hill, looking up to the night sky filled with stars with our hands still intertwined.

“So when do we clean up the blood?” he asked.

I shrugged. “When we run out of blood?” I chuckled.

“Uh huh.. By the time that happens we’ll be all over the news for the police founding two dead bodies on top a hill one night,” he said.

“Yah! What bloody nonsense is that!” I said smacking his forehead with my other hand.

He just laughed faintly and stared at the skies. “Jiyoon ah..”

“What?”

“I’m getting sleepy. I feel like I’m fainting…” he said weakly.

I scoffed. “Who are u trying to kid? Our blood didn’t even flow out coz we’re pressing onto each others’ cuts.”

He brought our hands up slowly and we saw blood flowing out from the gap of our hands. My eyes widened. The cut must be a little bit too long that its flowing out.

I sat up quickly and looked at Junhyung. He had already closed his eyes and his lips were dry.

“Yah! Junhyung wake up! Wake up!!” I said panickly, shaking his body with my free hand. Suddenly a smile crept out from his mouth and he opened his eyes.

“Aww you care about me..” he said, smiling.

My mouth hanged opened. “You were joking?!”

He just grinned.

“You pabo! That’s not funny!” I punched his chest and he coughed slightly.

“I just want to see if you really care about me Jiyoonie~” he said and sat up. I turned my back to him, pouting.

He just chuckled and I saw him taking something out from his crumpler bag.  He let go of my hand slowly and took his water bottle.

“Its gonna hurt okay..” he said gently. I pretended not to care and didn’t respond.

I shut my eyes and bit my lip when I felt the sting on my palm as the cold water touched the cut. Junhyung carefully cleaned my cut with both his hand and bandaged it.

“You know I don’t know how to coax people right. Are you actually waiting?” he said.

“Tsk,” was all I said and I turned to him as he cleaned his own cut. He just chuckled. I couldn’t help him because I don’t even know how to do it. I might just hurt his hand more.

End of flashback

“Sleep already. What are you thinking about?” Junhyung said.

“Nothing. How did you know I’m not asleep? Its dark,” I said. We were both already lying on the bed facing each other with the lights off.

“You sound as if I’ve just met you. Go and sleep. Tomorrow we have to wake up early and go to school,” he said and pulled me close to him and hugged me like a teddy bear.