Anger and Disappointment

Crack In A Perfect Wall

 

The next 2 months was quite packed for me. My finals are coming and I had to go for extra classes during the weekends. I stayed behind after classes to clarify my doubts with Mrs Song. Of course she major only in one subject or maybe two, but she still manage to do highschool work so she had no problem helping me with my other subjects. I felt bad at times that she had to stay behind to help me catch up. I would always try my best to understand it myself or just push my pride far away to ask my own subject teacher even though I will always get turned down or mocked at first. I just don’t understand why these teachers are as such. Why can’t all of them be like Mrs Song?

 

School ended early that day and I still have some time before my shift at the Chillz begin. I checked all the things we needed the previous night for the twins and all we are are short of is a baby cot. Baby cots are as expensive as the prams I think but fortunately my boss had given me one. But even with that, I’m still short of money to buy a baby cot. Or do I need to buy two? Can both of them squeeze into one cot?

 

After going through so many hardships lately, I only have some pride left in me. I had almost begged a doctor to discharge me earlier. I pleaded to him too to et Jiyoon stay in the hospital with me. I brought down all walls around me to take every mockery that teachers passed to me just so that they would agree in the end to clear my doubts on the subject. And now I’m going to sacrifice my pride once more. For Jiyoon. For the comfort of our twins.

 

***

 

“Yes? Who are you looking for?”

 

“Jia, its me. You don’t.. recognise me?” I said warily. Do I look that different?

 

She frowned slightly, looking at me and trying to recognise my face. Her face lit up slightly and her eyes widened.

 

“Junhyung! Oh my goodness! Its you! What happened to you??” she said in a high pitched voice, causing the people in the office to turn towards our direction. She bowed to show her apology and then turned back to me.

 

“What you mean what happened to me? Do I look different?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Haven’t you seen yourself?? You’re so skinny and thin and your face.. Oh my goodness. What happened to your beautiful flawless handsome face? What’s with the bruises and scratches here and there? And your hair! Why is it so short? I thought you don’t like it when your fringe is lifted!” she blabbered on and on.

 

When I thought back, I must have looked really bad. I’ve cut my hair shorter than usual because I’m always doing work and fringe hinders my vision to focus properly on my school work too. The bruises and scratches must be the result of my jobs. Sometimes I might accidentally got cuts or just simply fall off stairs when I was in a hurry.

 

I forced out a laugh. “Yeah well life has got to me. I’m kinda in a hurry. Is she in?” I asked. Jia is my mother’s secretary and also her P.A. She knows my life too well to know that my mother focuses more on her work than her own son. She knows a lot more things than normal people do but since I haven’t seen my mother for quite sometime, she didn’t know that life has been really tough for me.

 

“Um yeah. But you know.. She’s always busy. I can call her for you if you want. Is it very important?” she asked, picking up the desk phone.

 

“Yeah kinda. Tell her I won’t be long,” I said. I know if I would have just called her phone directly, she wouldn’t answer it. Her excuses would be either, ‘I was busy’ or ‘I was in a meeting’ or ‘I didn’t hear it’. There are others of course, when she gets creative.

 

Jia dialed on the phone and I waited. “Mrs Yong, your son is here to see you. He said he won’t be long and its important.”

 

She paused for awhile. “Your son? Junhyung?” Oh wow great. She forgot she has a son. Just great. Jia didn’t dare to look up at me but I just rolled my eyes.

 

“Okay,” she said and ended the call. She looked up at me. “You can go in but she said only 5 minutes max.”

 

I just nodded and thanked her. I walked straight to the big office and knocked on the door before entering.

 

“Yes? What do you want?” she asked immiediately as soon as I stepped into the room. I closed the door behind me and stood closer to the front of her desk.

 

“Can I..” I took a deep breath and looked down on the carpeted floor. “Can I ask for some money?”

 

She scoffed. “You just wasted 2 minutes of my time Junhyung. You know I told you to be independent eversince you got married. You know I’m not going to give you any money. You work, and earn the money yourself.”

 

I looked up. “I have been working. I’m just short of some money to buy a baby cot. Please.. I won’t disturb you anymore. Can you help me out just this once?” I pleaded. I have never ever pleded to my mother. Ever.

 

She shook her head. “No. When your father left me, I fended for myself, to raise you. I was alone. I didn’t have anyone to seek help from. I don’t see why you couldn’t do the same.”
 

I clenched my fist tight. She raised me alone but she wasn’t schooling at that time! And she didn’t have twins! I was the only one! And I was no longer an infant when my father left!

 

Please…. Just this once,” I said in a strained voice.

 

“My answer is final. And now your 5 minutes is up. Go. I have a lot more important things to do,” she said as she shooed me away with a wave of her hand.

 

“That’s the door. Now go out,” she said, pointing to the door when she saw that I didn’t budge.

 

I nodded slightly to myself while she went back to her work. I walked slowly to the door and spot a vase by the side of the door. without hesitating, I took it and smashed it hard onto the small glass coffee table where she always have chats with her clients.

 

“Yong Junhyung! What the hell did you just do!” she shouted and rushed towards me and gave me a hard tight slap across my cheek.

 

It was so hard that the corner of my lips bled slightly. I scoffed and turned to her, wiping the blood with my thumb.

 

“What are you going to do? Sue me? Call the secuirity and throw me out?” I challenged her. She just stood there, shaking with anger.

 

I scoffed and started walking to the door. She didn’t call after me nor did she call the secuirity guards. I walked coolly out of the office with all heads turned to me, whispering continuously.

 

Leah, Leo, I’m sorry you have to live a difficult life just as you are born later. I promise I will work hard to let the both of you live well later in the future. But for now, I don’t think I can do anything more.

 

 

MONSTAR IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mdc1wabKBE1r7mqq6o1_500.gif