Tired

Crack In A Perfect Wall

 

Work ended at around 7pm. I took my bag and slung it over my shoulder. Jiyong hyung walked over to me with a smile.

“Seems like your lady there is tired,” he said, gesturing over to Jiyoon. I glanced at her and she was already sleeping on the 1-seater couch with her book opened on her lap. I just smiled.

“Yeah. I’ll be going first hyung. See you tomorrow,” I said, patting his back and walked to Jiyoon.

I tucked her hair behind her ear and tapped her upper arm lightly, waking her up. “Jiyoon-ah.. Wake up.. Jiyoonie~”

She opened her eyes sleepily and looked at me with a frown.

“We’re going home. Or do you want to sleep here until the next morning?” I raised my eyebrows.

She shook her head and sat up slowly. I help her stand up and held her hand so she won’t fall. To my surprised she hugged my arm and shut her eyes.

“Yah.. Don’t sleep now. I can’t carry you back home,” I said, tapping her cheeks. She just giggled softly.

As I walked out of the bookstore, the night-shift workers started walking in also. The bookstore--café or better known as Chillz, is open for 24 hours. If I didn’t need to go home to accompany Jiyoon, I would have done my homework there. But then again, if we weren’t married, I wouldn’t even be doing my homework.

 

“Are you hungry?” I asked as we walked down the pathway on the way back home.

“Quite,” she said with a yawn.

“Yeah same here. Let’s just buy some Chinese takeouts.” She just nodded.

We bought a box of rice and noodle-as cheap as possible- and went back home.

As I was opening the front door, I coughed slightly which shockingly, made Jiyoon worried.

“Are you sick?” she asked, putting the back of her hand on my forehead.

I coughed again and just shook my head. “I’m sure its just some normal cough.”

We went inside and left the takeouts on the table while Jiyoon took some water and I went upstairs to take my schoolwork.

“Why don’t you do it in the study room?” she asked as I walked down the stairs.

“I feel more comfortable doing here,” I said simply. she just shrugged and we started eating.

“Do you know what’s this?” I asked her with my mouth full and pointing to the book.

“Seriously? You’re asking me?”

“Yeah I just thought it’d be fun,” I grinned. She rolled her eyes but laughed short.

 I coughed again and took a sip of water while Jiyoon pat my back, rather roughly.

I choked slightly. “Are you trying to kill me??” I glared at her.

“Ahni.. Isn’t that what people do when someone coughs?” she said.

“Lightly and gently. Not like you want all my organs to come out from my mouth!”

“Aish! You’re so fussy!” she smacked my back.

“I am not fussy!” I argued back.

“Whatever you say Junhyung. Whatever you say..” she ended and ate her food.

 

Jiyoon finished her food but she was still sitting beside me, looking at me do my work. “Why aren’t you sleeping?” I asked.

“I’ve slept just now.”

“Well sleep again,” I said.

“Why? Am I not welcomed here?” she frowned.

“I didn’t mean that. Its just… I’m doing schoolwork. Isn’t it like.. a bore to you? I know it is to me,” I said.

“Yeah it is. But I want to accompany you here. Even if I accidentally doze off, I’ll be here so you won’t be alone,” she said smiling.

I just smiled back. There’s no need for further explanations. I almost forgot we were bestfriends.

 

Indeed, she did fall asleep with her head lying on top of her crossed arms on the table. she hair covered her whole face messily. I just chuckled to myself and continued my work.

To say I’m not tired, that would be a lie. But I have to finish the homeworks to show the teachers that I really want to study. The change is very sudden and abrupt that even I myself can’t adapt to it. There are many times where I wanted to just give up and be lazy again. However, thinking back on our problem, that I actually started, I have to change. I could just leave school and continue working at Chillz full time but it won’t be enough. Especially that now I know we’re going to raise more than one child.

I looked at my watch and its already 2 in the morning when I finally finished my work. I stretched my arms and legs, yawning at the same time. I turn away from Jiyoon to let out a cough. I wake her up like how I did at Chillz but this time she could hardly open her eyes.

“You seriously want me to carry you? Up the stairs??” I said as if to myself since she’s sound asleep. I let out a big sigh.

“I’m not carrying only one person you know. I’m technically carrying three,” I said again with a cough.

I took in a deep breath and took her hands to circle around my neck. “Eww your drool..” I mumbled when I saw a small pool of saliva on her arm. Since she was sitting on a chair, its easier to lift her up like how brides are carried.

“Oh my god you’re so heavy,” I grunted. I made sure to hold her tightly and closely so she won’t fall from my grip.

I walked up the stairs very carefully, taking frequent stops to catch a breath. We so have to move to a smaller apartment.

Finally I reached our bedroom and lie her on the bed gently. I thought of going back downstairs to switch off the lights but I was too worn out that I just let my body fall on the bed. I dragged my body further onto the bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

 

A quite pointless chapter but it just helps with the flow XD