Memories

Crack In A Perfect Wall

Junhyung’s POV

Flashback

I was just surfing the net, wasting my night away when my phone rang. I would usually hang out with the guys but its one of those nights where I’m too lazy to even hang out. I looked at the caller id and its Jiyoon.

 

“Hell-lo~” I greeted her.

 

“Jun can I come over?” she asked, sobbing slightly.

 

“Yah what’s wrong? Why are you crying??” I asked, panicked.

 

“Answer my question!!” she shouted instead.

 

“Yea yea sure. Do you need me to fetch you?” I asked.

 

“No. I’ll be there soon,” she said and hung up.

 

I frowned at my phone, wondering what had happened. We didn’t hang out that night because she said she had some ‘family issues’. It must be about her mother.

 

Few minutes later there were several impatient knocks at the door. Yes, my room door.

 

I opened it and Jiyoon just walked in impatiently. I just sighed and closed the door.

 

I sat on the carpeted floor infront of her who sat in my bed, staring at the floor. I looked up at her but she didn’t respond. She was breathing so rapidly as if angry but tears were streaming down her cheeks.

 

I just let her be until she took out something from the pocket of her hoodie.

 

“Yah.. Don’t do that,” I said as she held the penknife on her hand.

 

“I don’t want to live anymore. My mother doesn’t care about me. I have no father. No siblings. People around me thinks I’m trash. Even if I hurt myself no one would care,” she said, breathing deeply, staring at the knife that was so near her wrist.

 

Before I could even say anything else, she slit the knife on her wrist, blood oozing out.

 

“Yah! I told you not to do it!” I shouted and snatched the knife from her, not caring that it cuts my palm.  I threw the knife away from her and held her wrist.

 

It was fast but the cut was already deep enough seeing that she was angry when she slit the knife on her wrist.

 

She struggled to get away from my grip but she was not longer that angry. She was bawling her eyes out, asking to be let go. I wanted to get a towel to stop the blood but she wouldn’t follow me when I wanted to bring her to the bathroom.

 

Without hesitating, I just took off my shirt and wrapped it around her wrist tightly.

 

“Let me go! Let me die! I don’t want to live anymore..” she begged and shouted. I didn’t want her to move around anymore. She might just make the cut worse.

 

I grabbed her shoulder and pulled her to me, hugging her tightly.

 

“I’m here. I’m here. Even if the whole world wants you dead, I don’t. I need you. Jiyoon calm down.. please..” I tried to comfort her.

 

She cried on my chest, landing a few punches on my body but I just endured it. Anything to make her stop struggling. My shirt was already soaked in her blood when she finally stopped crying. Jiyoon always have mental breakdowns when it comes to either her future or her mother. She still cares, I know. She wants to have a normal happy life. But with a mother like that, I don’t think she can.

 

“Don’t sleep yet. I still need to get your cut treated,” I said, seeing that she was getting sleepy and tired.

 

She smiled tiredly. “What would I do without you Junhyung..” she mumbled.

 

“Hold this. I’m cold to death right now,” I said, handing to hold my shirt that was wrapped around her wrist. I went to the drawer to get myself another shirt and put it on before going to the bathroom to get the necessary aid.

 

 

“Where did you get that knife anyway..” I said, playing with her hair while she was lying down on my body. Practically half of her body was on top of my upper body. As if I was her bed…

 

“I guess I was lucky to find one in my room?” she chuckled.

 

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. “You’re not allowed to cut yourself, understand? Only I’m allowed to cut your hand,” I said.

 

“Why is that so??” she raised her voice.

 

“Because I know the proper way to cut and get it treated at the same time. You don’t even know how to use a band-aid!” I said. I was expecting her to retaliate but she didn’t. I guess she agrees to it too.

 

There was silence afterwards but it wasn’t awkward. Nothing was ever awkward between us.

 

“So I guess you’re sleeping here tonight?” I said, breaking the silence.

 

“Uh huh..” she nodded.

 

“I’ll shut off the lights then. Are you hungry by the way?” I asked, sitting up slowly.

 

“Nope. I want to sleep,” she replied. I shut off the lights and went back to the bed where Jiyoon was already lying down in the middle of the whole bed.

 

“Yah.. Jeon Jiyoon..” I whined.

 

“What? There’re still spaces here and here,” she said, pointing to her sides.

 

I got on the bed and eaisly pushed her to one side of the bed, ignoring her complaints.

 

“Goodnight~” I said, grinning.

 

My back was facing her but I could feel her scooting nearer towads me. I was expecting her to kind of hug my from behind, using me to act like her bolster as usual, but instead she ‘hugged’ my neck tightly and wrapping my legs around my torso from behind.

 

“Y-yah I c-can’t breathe!” I choked.

 

“Bolsters are not supposed to talk! Now shut up!” she said giggling. I held her arm and wanted to grab hold of it and force her to let go of my neck but then I saw her bandaged wrist.

 

I guess I could survive for one night being slightly strangled.

End of flashback

 


I guess this was quite short. Was going to continue but then I got tired and I need to wake up early tomorrow. And I'm scared if I don't post this up, I'll nvr post it soon. So yeah. Hope you enjoyed this short and slightly confusing chapter! :)