Love Can Make A Miracle

Dangerous Territory

 

Fact: Yunho and Ara are under the same agency and starred together in a drama. Both are BoA's closest friends.

- - - 

She was sitting by herself behind the pillars, hidden to the public's eye. She took a sip of her coffee and checked the time once again, since she got there. It's almost 10pm and the customers at the coffee shop have been leaving one by one. 


She was lucky that the owner of the place was her friend. With that, she was privileged to stay a bit longer after work hours. It was perfect timing for their meeting. And even though she waited for quite sometime, she was still very patient and calm. 

There was a small tug in her heart though. Something that danced between guilt and betrayal, but she was determined to push the thought away quite immediately. 

She convinced herself that nothing was wrong. And truly, there shouldn't be anything like it. She was standing on a safe ground. She wasn't trampling on anything if she were to think about technicalities. 

At least that's what she's trying to believe as the truth.  

She took her phone out of her purse, about to dial his number when a warm hand stopped her from doing so. 

'I'm sorry I was late. Did you wait long?'

Ara smiled and glanced up. 'No, I'm fine. Though I didn't get you anything to drink. I wasn't sure what time you were coming...'

Yunho returned the smile and sat across her. His movements were stiff and calculated. 'Don't worry about it.' 

It was obvious that something happened but he wasn't saying anything to address it. Well, not this time. Ara tried hard to hold her tongue. She wouldn't make anything more burdensome for him by asking unwarranted questions. 

She lowered her gaze back to her cup of coffee. They were both silent until he finally heaved a sigh and relaxed on his chair. His tense shoulders finally loosened up. They were never awkward with each other anyway and soon, she felt herself warming up.

'Is everything fine?' She then whispered, leaning forward by just a bit. The smell of coffee was strong but she was too focused on the man in front of her to be bothered.  

Yunho shook his head in response, his lips in a tight line. She knew he was lying but Ara pointedly ignored that fact and decided to grant him his silence. 'Then... I guess that's good. We're good...'

He felt bad for always putting Ara in a difficult position and how he's always taking her for granted. He's a despicable man yet Ara took him in wholeheartedly.  

He didn't mean to drag her and tie her in his miserable life but he didn't have any choice then. He was broken and hopeless. When Ara accidentally saw him passed out on the floor of the practice room, as she was looking for BoA, she knew nothing was right. And he had no choice but to call out for help. 

Prior to that, she heard rumors about it already. About his deteriorating relationship with BoA but both stayed mum about the whole issue. She tried talking to BoA but the topic would always be shunned immediately. Yunho was a bit more honest though. It didn't take a while for him to finally spill his thoughts. 

He told her his honest feelings for BoA. How he had loved her from a long time. How he had tried to make her fall in love with him. Those silly games he played that eventually betrayed him. 

It was a strange situation how everything started, and thinking how everything escalated this way seemed impossible to trace back. 

But here they are now. 

 



Together. 

 



Trying hard to heal his heart. 

Trying hard to still her heart. 



Ara found out in an abrupt realization that she was falling for Yunho. It was hard not to. Despite his awful state, he was very attentive of her. He was honest and pure. And although all this emotion was poured onto a different person -- BoA -- she can't help but to identify herself with her and wished fervently that it was her whom he loved. 

Such vile thoughts. 

She cursed herself for this selfish desires. The constant fight between logic and emotion was unbearable and she was afraid she would lose this battle in the end. 



Yunho grabbed her hand gently and held it tight. Their eyes met and the two knew the extent of each other's feelings, both, for a different reason. 

Yet, she understood him best. And she would focus on him rather than her feelings, best left in the shadows. She will forget herself for now. 

'What will I ever do without you?' He whispered, his heart aching so painfully. 

'Hush... You don't have to say anything. You know I'll always be by your side. I'm always on your side. And...' she paused to squeeze his hand in assurance. 'Remember that love can make a miracle.' She knew deep down that it was something she wished for herself. The need to say that outloud in front of him, as an assurance.

As a fulfillment of her desires...

Yunho lifted his other hand and brushed her cheek. Words weren't needed for she understood his heart. 

'I wish... I wish I could always make you happy,' she murmured some more then closed her eyes. She wondered silently if Yunho could feel more than her sincerity. If eventually, he will be able to reciprocate her feelings...

His warm touch spread throughout her body and all of a sudden, there's nothing else that she would want to wish for. She smiled weakly as she looked at him again. 

'And I'll always be grateful for having you and being my source of happiness...'

 

*

 

Author's Note:

Welp, I did tag this as YunRa story, too, after all... HAHA! This chapter actually underwent a major overhaul but hmm... I can't help but feel that the changes was really necessary so yeah, here we are now and here goes nothing........................!!!

I gotta admit tho that looking for YunRa picture kinda hurt my heart. *sniff* YunBoA all the way!!! I don't know how but it gotta happen!!!