Implode

Dangerous Territory

 

Fact: August 4,2013 SM Town Live in Tokyo, Japan
 
- - - 
 
The crowd roared when Yunho finally came out for the couple dance. 
 
Both their eyes met briefly and as quickly as it passed was BoA's heartbeat racing. They only needed to dance for a few seconds but even for that little time, she couldn't help but dread it with all her heart. It's not because she hated him. 
 
No. 
 
But his mere presence that destroyed her calm was something she was trying to avoid. 
 
Their eyes met again as they walked towards each other, following the choreography of the dance. Their hands touched and Yunho leaned so close to her that their noses brushed together. A little closer than that, with his head tilted, and their lips would've dangerously touched each other, no doubt. 
 
She almost panicked at the thought and missed a step. Luckily she heard the crowd cheer for them louder, she regained her senses and survived the remainder of the routine without any further mistakes. 
 
It may have seemed like it took forever to finish her stage for 'Only One' but it ended nonetheless. 
 
Her legs felt wobbly as she exited the stage after her performance. It was the worst stage she ever performed in her whole life and just remembering what happened made her head hurt. When she was finally down the stairs, someone grabbed her arm in the dark and dragged her to an empty room.

'What's the big idea Yunho?!' She bellowed as her companion locked the door behind him. 
 
'We need to talk,' he answered seriously, looking at her straight in the eyes. It made her so uncomfortable that she had to look away. 
 
'There's nothing to talk about,' she mumbled under her breath, making her way for the door. 
 
'Where are you going?'
 
'Somewhere far away from you,' she shot back as she reached for the doorknob. 'I don't want to be anywhere near you.'
 
Hurt and at his wits end, Yunho grabbed her wrist and hurled her against the wall. He placed his strong arms against the wall, trapping her. Memories from the past flashed back in her mind. This was exactly like last time. Back then, she was helpless. This time however, she wouldn't allow that same vulnerability take over her a second time. 
 
With all her might, BoA tried and pushed Yunho off of her but despite using all her force, he wouldn't budge even an inch. 
 
'BoA, stop ignoring me,' he pleaded. 
 
'I'm not ignoring you, okay?! So please let me go now!' She yelled, still struggling under him. 
 
'Lies... Do you even know just how many people are starting to worry about you?' he roared. The girls wouldn't be talking to her earlier if they knew nothing was amiss. But they did. And that's a concern they needed to fix.  'If you keep on avoiding me like what you're doing right now, I'm going to kiss you.' The threat seemed to have worked and for a split second, BoA stopped wriggling underneath him. 
 
She lifted her head and glared at him. 'If you do that, I swear to God, I'm going to completely cut our friendship and you out of my life,' BoA hissed through gritted teeth. The look of disappointment and hate in her eyes drew a scar on his heart. Nobody could see the physical wound it caused him but he could feel something within him was bleeding.
 
And the pain was so numbing, his eyes started to lose its focus.
 
‘Please don’t say those words…“
 
BoA shook her head violently. Her soft hair seemed like thorns that brushed against his arms. He started to tremble afraid of the next words that she would say to him. He wanted to block all sound, even the sound of her voice, but he knew he was already trapped. And what’s worst was that he was the one who brought this on him.
 
‘I honestly don’t know what you want from me. If what you’re doing was even sincere to begin with. You confuse me…’
 
Yunho let the moment linger. Her resonating voice kept on jabbing a big hole into his heart but it was the least of his concern right now. Healing his wounded heart comes later after he’s able to convey his true feelings to BoA. She needed to hear him.
 
‘BoA, if you could just listen to me then you’ll understand --‘
 
BoA shot him one dangerous look, silencing him. He realized that she won’t be as generous this time. He watched as parted, waiting for those words to come out that would surely shatter him. He expected it. The agonizing moment as each ticking of the clock reminded him of how close he was to losing her.
 
‘I don’t want to hear it.’
 
Yunho bit his lip.
 
His plan backfired and he wasn’t even given the chance to explain his side. To prove to her that he wasn’t just toying with her feelings. He honestly just wanted to have an alone time with her to discuss their labelmates' concern for her. Maybe push her buttons a little bit while he was at it but he never wanted to hurt her nor did he expect this kind of reaction.
 
He didn't mean to anger her for real.  
 
His arms seemed to have lost its strength all of a sudden. He pulled his arms and stood steadily in front of her, his eyes looking so glum and full of anguish. BoA watched him as his spirit was broken. She was almost apologetic, almost compelled to touch his face and tell him she was sorry... 
 
But she held herself back when she remembered why this situation even came to be. She shivered just remembering how easy it was for him to play with her emotions. The way he destroyed her calm…
 
She wanted none of it.
 
BoA was still so enraged from earlier, to be able to speak with him calmly right now. Aside from that, she felt really conflicted. What happened to Yunho all of a sudden? He wasn't the type to push himself on others although for the past few months, it was everything he had been doing. She couldn't figure out his underlying motives.
 
Heck, she can't even figure out her feelings. 
 
And as for Yunho, it's true. He was better than this. He knew he wanted her, from the very beginning, but it wasn't his intention to be aggressive. He was not being himself. 
 
Yet, it seemed like he had been waiting for so long without any fruitful results, and he's beginning to feel so frustrated about their circumstances. So frustrated that he considered pressuring her with his forwardness. 
 
His other reason for dragging her in this empty room was for him to open up his feelings to her. It's been a while since they had a decent talk and stuff needed to be straightened out for the two. He still can't believe everything would turn into a sharp turn for the worst, though. 
 
BoA could end their friendship. She can just leave him behind and that scared him more than the thought of not having her. Those words stabbed him so deep that he started feeling physical pain. 
 
'I... I just wanted to talk to you,' he explained with a small voice. He lifted his hand about to touch her but BoA deliberately stepped aside. 
 
'A long time ago, you told me that you wanted me,' she finally looked him into the eyes. 'But I'm sorry Yunho... I can't say that I can give myself to you after all.'
 
As soon as those last words were said, BoA left the room, leaving a broken Yunho drowning in his own sadness.
 
 
 

 
And then, a silent implode...
 
 
*
 
 
Author's Note:
 
HAHA! An actual update? Kekeke! Don't think I forgot about this story, okay! I just didn't want to flood everybody with some silly fic too often that's why. And oh, before I forget, shoutout to my friend who beta read my story before I got to upload it here. Hihihi! TBH, I'm in a bit of a slump and couldn't move on into writing chapter 13... But I'm trying hard so please just be patient okay!!!
 
Thanks for your time <3