Every Heart

Dangerous Territory

Fact: July 2013 -- BoA lent her voice for 2013 Gwangju Design Design Biennale's logo song entitled "Action". ; July 16, 2013 -- News about BoA's small screen debut as a lead actress have surfaced.

- - - 

And just like that, seasons changed.

There has been a lot of things that happened the few months that passed by. As the transition of time took place, so was the relationship between Yunho and BoA. Yet, there weren't really any big changes that took place. They were still friends, only much closer with a much deeper emotional connection.

More honest with each other, too.

Although there has been disagreements and several mishaps, the two would readily agree that it has been their happiest, yet.


 



'BoA unnie!' Tiffany greeted with her usual loud voice. She jumped towards the little giant's side and hugged her arm.

'Oh! My cute sisters are actually back in Korea?'

Tiffany nodded her head enthusiastically. 'For a few days and then we'll be flying again for a concert.'

'I'm starting to get sick coz of our tight schedule...' Sooyoung groaned.

'That's not good! You guys should put your health as your top priority. Always.' BoA had a disapproving look on her face but she understood why these girls keep pushing themselves so hard. 'By the way, where's Jessica?'

'Jessi? She's with YoonA right now, eating at the cafeteria most probably.'

'They've become real close, huh?'

'You could say that again... I can almost feel her kicking me out of our room and replacing me as her roommate with Yoong,' Sooyoung followed with a weak voice. 'Excuse me for a moment, I need to sneeze somewhere far away.' The tall lady didn't wait for a response and just scurried away hurriedly.

'But they weren't as close before, right?' BoA pressed, earning a pout from her companion this time.

'That's really mean, unnie! I'm the one right here but you keep on talking about somebody else...' She whined.

'Aigoo... Unnie is very sorry...'

Tiffany regained her usual self as BoA patted her hair. She liked it very much. It's almost a myth how BoA don't usually display such affection so openly but they've noticed that lately, she's been more engaging and warm. There's twinkling in her eyes and although she didn't say anything out loud, pretty much all of them in the company knows how BoA's relationship with Yunho progressed. It was an occasion the girls literally celebrated among themselves.

Not that it's the only weird thing they do so it's not entirely creepy. Still, the girls were genuinely happy.

'I'll let you on a little secret unnie,' Tiffany began as she leaned closer. 'Jessi and YoonA weren't exactly as close before. In fact, there was a point where they barely talked to each other...' BoA smiled, knowing full well the origin of this story, even more so because she knew everything had ended up into a good note for the both of them.

'I guess it happens. As they say, all wounds will heal in time. I guess one should continue being patient so the future wouldn't look too bleak for the both of them.'

Tiffany stared at her in curiosity, wondering if it was something based off from BoA's experience and if she knew more than what she let on. Her hunch was pointing her to that direction and she couldn't help but talk a little bit about it now, in the hopes that it will give the little giant a peace of mind.

'True friendship is a beautiful thing. It's not only made of good memories, but also of all those bad times that strengthens it.' Tiffany finally let go of BoA's arm and then held the older lady's hands instead. She squeezed it tight as she smiled at BoA warmly. 'And although it takes a while... a long while... You know that in the end, everything will return back to how it used to be. Maybe even better than the last because every heart is meant to love sincerely.'

BoA closed her eyes and sighed. Remembering Ara's smiling face and a happy memory they both shared. 'You're right. And that's why I'm not giving up. I'll keep on waiting. The time will come where we can all sit down and laugh at our past, you know?' The older woman paused and squeezed Tiffany's hands in return. She didn't even mind telling her so much more that peered into her heart when she's always so quiet about her private life. 'As we acknowledge the inevitable, it'll surely make make way for all the possibilities in our relationships.'

'Woah! That's some serious monologue right there, unnie!'

'Aigoo...' BoA pinched Tiffany's cheek fondly. 'Don't underestimate me especially when I've become a love expert,' she chuckled. 'So when the time comes your boyfriend's giving you a hard time, come to me for an advice!'

'What love expert are you even talking about? You're seriously lying to this kid so blatantly?'

BoA turned around and came face to face with a certain Yunho with a smug look on his face. It took all her powers not to kick this handsome man in the gut.

'Are you so attached to me that you can't even leave two beautiful young ladies to talk by themselves?'

'Haha, I guess I am.'

Tiffany smiled as she witnessed this adorable moment between them. 'It was nice seeing you unnie even if it's only for a short while. Let's have a meal together with the girls soon!' Tiffany announced suddenly, sensing that the two were already in their own world and that she had become an outsider.

That happy bubble that nobody can touch.

Tiffany walked at the busy hallways by herself, humming a happy tune. As she made a short turn to her left, she saw a brief glimpse of Jessica with a calm smile on her face while talking to YoonA. Her face was glowing and serene. It was so different from that time when she can barely look at YoonA and would just shut herself away from everybody else.

That horrible time that finally came to pass.

'Only good things from now on...' She mumbled softly as she walked away with a lighthearted smile on her face.


 



'BoA, can we talk?'

As if on cue, BoA's face fell down. It's only been a few months since his birthday when the two of them finally admitted their feelings for one another.

And although she wouldn't utter those words, she didn't want a break up or anything close to that. Not ever. But then, she had hoped he wouldn't know about it so soon, afraid that it might cause some grave misunderstandings between them.

She feigned innocence as a way to cope up with her anxiety. 'About what?' She muttered masking her feelings with annoyance. 'It better be worth my time since you already went ahead so much as to interrupt me and Tiffany.' More than being nervous now, she's more guilty. His mood was a stark contrast from earlier and that made her stomach lurch.

'Of course. It's something important that's been bothering me about you. About us. But maybe we'll have to talk in private.'

'Now?'

'Yes. Now.'

There was a lump forming in this time but she tried to ignore it. 'Well, I'm not exactly free but since you seem to have a lot of time in your hands, maybe you can swing by my house for a bit instead. I need to prepare for my meeting later, anyway so I need to go back home and change.'

And internally, Yunho was thankful she had offered her place without as much as a protest, before he got to say anything. Yet, he showed nothing up front. Anyway, they both know they needed this talk.

'Sure,' was his short response.

After about half an hour, just making sure BoA wasn't missing anything before leaving the office, she phoned Yunho and told him to meet her at the corner alley, near her house. As per usual, Yunho will ask his manager to drop him off over there and then BoA will drive around and pick him up quickly so the two can enter her place together with the least suspicions from bystanders. The timing is very important. One wrong move or a second delay to this carefully planned escapades would mean the end of their fun and games.

Although in all honesty, she didn't mind getting caught. But then, keeping everything in secret is more thrilling. And she liked a little dash of rebellion once in a while.

As soon as they reached her place, Yunho found himself seated on his favorite couch, drinking an iced cold water.

'Wait here while I go change.'

'Or I can join and help you, maybe?'

'Shut up Yundol before I break your nose.'

The young man merely let out a soft chuckle, expectant of this feisty response. It wasn't exactly an excuse that he had wanted a private talk with her that resulted to this event (although he admits any alone time with her will always be a bonus). He was actually feeling strange ever since he heard about this special project she was suddenly preparing for. Apparently, it's been in talks for a while now and is already due for the contract signing.

Yet, she didn't as much as mention it to him in passing and kept her usual self as if it's nothing important.

'And it's not nothing...' He whispered, sinking into the couch with a heavy heart.

BoA emerged from her room not too long after. She was wearing a dark tanktop and a yellow colored short sleeved blazer on top of it. She was also wearing a black, shiny tights in boots. And then her hair... It flowed so gracefully on her shoulder and that soft tint of blush and lipstick made her look dazzling.

In short, it was a look that could kill.

Still, the best part was when he noticed her wearing the bracelet he had given her around the same time a year ago.

But she looked worried, if anything, as she looked up to meet his eyes.

'Do you know where I'm going?'

Yunho took a sharp breath and looked away. 'I had to know about it from somebody else instead of learning it from you.'

He looked hurt. Betrayed, even.

BoA sighed and sat beside him. She pressed her body to him gently and leaned her head on his shoulder. BoA held his hand and played with his thumb before replying.

'Are you mad...?'

Yunho didn't say anything but then closed his eyes. He wouldn't say he's mad. It was a different kind of emotion boiling at the pit of his stomach. Like he had wanted to change everything and put himself in the picture instead. That feeling of wanting to erase everything and leave him as the only one to exist just for her. That feeling of being wanted and needed...

Just the idea of him and her.

The silence stretched for another solid minute.

'Jealous...?' She asked in a low voice, almost to a whisper.

Yunho took a deep breath and finally looked at her. 'Did you really have to accept it?'

'I wanted self growth, Yunho...'

'But... He's my friend... Does it have to be him?' He pouted and then grunted incoherently. BoA watched him agonize over it for a while until she couldn't take it anymore and bursted out laughing.

'This is not a laughing matter, BboA.'

'Yunho, it's a freakin' drama...'

'I don't care! I don't care! How can I just let anybody t-touch you?!'

'It's acting. Don't overwork yourself.'

'But there will be kissing!'

'Well...' She trailed off and cleared . She had an inkling Yunho wouldn't be too happy about this project so she didn't have the courage to tell him earlier. Turns out she's right with all of her predictions.

'You don't even kiss me!' he grimaced as he stood up from the couch. He walked across the living room holding his head as if he was having an impending mental breakdown. It was embarrassing saying this in front of her but he's a man who wanted to be much closer with her.

But at the same time, he knew that he also can't force her to do things she's uncomfortable with. He loves and respects her too much to bring up something just for his own sake.

In the past few months, he learned to appreciate every little things BoA does for him. She may think she's not doing enough but Yunho can see how much she tries. It makes him at ease that this little giant was actually doing everything for the sake of their relationship.

But when his manger mentioned that BoA will be acting in a short drama special with Daniel, it gave him an unsettling feeling. It felt... wrong.

He didn't want to share her. But at the same time, he didn't want to cage her, either. It was an excruciating conflict for him that he needed to confront himself and fix the ugly feeling inside of him.

If it were another day, an event that happened to another person, he'd probably say it's absurd acting the way he did right now. He didn't expect that anybody who is in love would be prone to this vulnerability. It was very strange and he wondered if BoA feels the same way, too.

Yunho let out an exasperated laughter. He leaned his back on the wall and looked at BoA who was still seated on the couch, silently watching him.

When their eyes met, she bit her lip and lowered her gaze. She hugged her arm and sighed. 'I'm sorry that I hurt you...'

Hearing her broken voice made him guilty. It wasn't his intention to make her feel bad about herself. They were doing fairly good as a couple, given this is actually BoA's first relationship, too. He knew that BoA's still testing the waters. And although getting some advice from her girlfriends would be good for her, that wasn't an option for her either.

There were no bitter feelings between BoA and Ara. But as friends who went through all that, it would be a lie if they say that didn't change them in some way.

But BoA's been very patient awaiting for that time where they can rekindle their friendship again like in the past. But for now, it's all by herself.

Yunho walked towards the little giant and knelt in front of her. He held her hands and squeezed it tight.

'I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel bad...' BoA squeezed his hands in return. 'But you gotta admit that you're also wrong when you didn't tell me about this much earlier so I could've prepared myself.'

'I know...' Her voice was weak but Yunho knew she was regretful over it.

'That's why I'm sure you would like to do anything to make it up to me.'

'Huh?' BoA looked up, suddenly a bit taken aback with his sudden conclusion.

'Oh come on!' He pouted that earned a small smile from the little giant.

'Fine. Maybe I do want to make it up to you...' She went on cautiously.

Smiling back, Yunho sat beside her and took a deep breath. 'Well, if you must know, you'll be singing the theme song for Gwangju.'

'Me? They confirmed before consulting me? But not even that. Yunho, I'm not from Gwangju...'

'But I am.'

'And so...?' She was generally confused. She'd do anything to make it up to him. Any way possible. But bringing up something like this all of a sudden seemed like two unrelated things.

Yunho looked a bit shocked. 'You... You don't plan on marrying me?'

'Marry you?! Yunho! What is this even about?' She wasn't mad. Bewildered would be the better term to describe her feelings for all these surprises he kept on spouting.

'Well, I know we're still early on in our relationship but I've always known that the end of this journey would ultimately be on the day we say our vows.'

And with this, BoA blushed. She felt her heart hammering against her chest and for some reason, she was very happy hearing all these.

Because she dreamed about it too. Walking down the aisle in her elegant white dress. With her handsome prince waiting for her to stand beside him.

Sealing their fate the very moment they say 'I do...'

And although it seemed like something that could become a reality, it felt too soon for them to be discussing about it.

'And you're being serious right now?' BoA found the need to ask.

'Of course! I even bought a ring already last year, determined to trap you in what I used to call as my dangerous territory. But stuff came up and it was insane but... yes. We're definitely getting married.'

'You bought... a ring.'

She was too shocked she wasn't even eliciting the correct reaction anymore.

Now it was time for Yunho to blush. He scratched the back of his head as he looked away for a bit.

'R-rememer that day I got you that bracelet?' BoA nodded slowly, remembering that time from a year ago. 'The bracelet was actually Plan B.' Yunho had a moment to organize his thoughts in his head. He can't believe he'll be revealing this to anybody, especially to her. She'd think he was a total psycho who was just full of himself.

But at the bottom of it all, he was just confident that he'll be able to make her fall in love with him. It's either that or he could die trying because he firmly believes that he's the perfect man for her. And also because if it's not her by his side, then nothing would make sense.

'So when we were in Japan to film a commercial the day after the Win Win episode, I sneaked in and went to the mall in search for something to give you as a souvenir when we come back.' BoA listened intently, amused by each word he was saying. 'I looked and looked and it just popped right out of no where. The most beautiful ring to give you the day I decide to propose to you. Which I think I am doing right now. Only, I don't have the ring with me... And this is... This is such a horrible timing...' He finished a bit dejected about himself. This was not supposed to happen. It's not even close to being romantic. He was utterly disappointed with himself that he want to evaporate.

'The thing that amuses me is not even the fact that you bought a ring before we even started dating but the confidence that I'll actually just miraculously play along the way you had planned it.'

Yunho frowned.

'But... It didn't play out the way I had wanted it. You don't know how hard it was for me to get through everything that's happened between us the last year because of my stupid mistake...' He still looked scarred by the unfortunate events that almost broke their relationship. And truthfully, BoA wanted to forget about it, too. She almost lost a part of herself. Losing each other would have been the most painful thing they would have to get over with. They were thankful they were spared with that burden.

'Yunho...'

'But like I said, I bought a ring to give you when we returned home but I wasn't so sure how to propose and haven't prepared anything grand to reveal my feelings for you so I ended up buying a charmed bracelet as a backup plan instead. I'm very lucky that you ended up liking it in the end.'

BoA blinked a couple of times just trying to digest everything. With this very unpredictable turn of events, she learned about a lot of things that was way beyond her wildest dream. But at the same time, a proof just how much faith Yunho has for the both of them.

That it was as if destiny was telling them to be together for all the time. She giggled with the thought and intwined her fingers with his.

'So, that said, then I guess I have every reason to sing the theme song for Gwangju, as my future hometown.'

Yunho widened his eyes, knowing the underlying message behind her words and then smiled. 'Yeah...'

He leaned towards BoA for a kiss.

He kissed her tenderly, enjoying the warmth of the moment. Moments like this that he was sure to go on forever.

He couldn't describe the amount of happiness bursting out of his chest but he was glad for whatever happened, for both the good and the bad times... That after all, everything that happened between them was all worth it.

They have each other and that's what matters.

'Okay. You need to go home now while I need to get going before I'm late for my meeting,' BoA said almost out of breath but Yunho only enveloped her in an embrace and hugged her tighter, not wanting to let go. He buried his head on the nook of her neck and pouted.

'Just tell them you're busy hanging out with your husband.'

'Yunho...' She sighed disapprovingly. She slipped her hands in between them and gently pushed him away. 'We'll have plenty of time later on, I promise. For now, I think you should go home.'

Yunho wasn't convinced and stayed completely still on the couch, crossing his arms over his chest in complete defiance.

'Are you pushing me away because you don't love me anymore?'

'Wow, did I actually, somewhat, agreed to marry a stupid, stupid man, or what?' She retorted back and smiled. Looking at him lovingly, she raised her hand and touched his face tenderly. 'I love you. I've always been in love you, and that will be forever, and...'

Yunho snuck in another kiss on the lips before she could finish her thoughts because he knows that their story doesn't really have an end. It was love that will encompass everything. This is what being meant to be means.

He grinned at her afterwards.

'I know. And we have forever to prove it.'

 

END.

 

- - - 

 

Author's Notes:

And finally, BoA and Yunho's love story has come into an end. I sincerely want to thank all of you who stayed with me from day. It was a long journey. A lot happened. It was an unpredictable story but at least in the end, everybody found their place.

It is a happy ending for everybody!

Eep!

Well, I'm currently writing another chaptered fic so don't forget to check out Lost and Found as well! I'll see y'all around! Spread the YunBoA lovin'!