Spark

Dangerous Territory

Fact: May 25, 2012 -- BoA 4354 poster photoshoot/recording* ; July 17, 2012 -- BoA released comback show poster

- - - 

It was a tiring day. The harsh heat wave was the first thing that greeted them as soon as they stepped out of the airport. Both Yunho and Changmin were wearing shorts and a simple shirt. They looked around, nodding at people who have waited for their arrival as they walked their way towards the gate. 

It has been several days and finally, they're back in Korea. All of a sudden, Yunho can't be bothered by the heat anymore. It was a tiring trip but he doesn't feel exhausted like his companion, already hugging a pillow, with his eyes closed. 

'Manager hyung, can you drop me off at the studio first?'

'Are you sure? You don't have a schedule for today so you can rest instead.'

Yunho smiled. 'I know. That's exactly why I wanted to visit.'

The puzzled manager didn't argue back and just did what he was told. After a few minutes, they arrived at the studio. He got out of the car and walked directly towards the practice room. 

He took a peek and saw BoA in her regular practice clothes, her hair in a tight bun. She looked flushed but the energy was still reverberating from her small frame. He walked quietly inside until she spotted his reflection in the mirror. She met his eyes and smiled. 

'You're back!'

Yunho beamed as he nodded in response. 'Where are the others?'

'Oh, we're actually on a 30 minute break right now,' she answered as she walked closer to him. Finally standing in front of each other, BoA lifted her head to meet his gaze once again. 'Did you get me anything from Japan?'

Yunho smirked. 'A little expectant aren't we?' He bent down a little bit and touched her cheek. He brushed the little beads of sweat around her temple. 'Of course I did.'

Taken aback by his touch, BoA stepped away from him and created a huge proximity between them. Yunho was aware of BoA's sudden awkwardness but as if that would stop him from teasing her. 

He walked towards her, closing in the distance, while pulling a small package from his pocket. He grabbed BoA's wrist and held her hand gently. 

'I got you a really nice bracelet. Always wear it, okay?' Yunho delicately clamped the hooks together so he can see her wear it already. BoA raised her arm and admired her friend's gift. It was wonderful. The leather binding was decorated with several charms. They were all very pretty. 

BoA blushed. 'Thank you for the gift Yundol..'

'I know you love bracelets so when I saw that, I knew you're gonna like it.' He was happy that he made the right decision to get it for her.

'Why did you choose these colors?' She suddenly asked, pointing out the red and yellow charms when she finally noticed the pattern. 

'Yellow represents you and the red one represents myself. That was genius, right?'

BoA blinked unable to respond to him right away. Regardless of being genius, was there any other meaning why he did that? She wanted to ask him instead of jumping to conclusions. They're long time friends anyway. She was at least entitled to that privilege, right?

A few moments passed by. When she finally mustered enough courage to ask Yunho, her team came from their 30 minute break. 

'Ah Yunho! What are you doing here?' Jaewon, SM's renowned choreographer, greeted with a smile. 

'I just came from Japan after being away for a couple of days. I wanted to see BoA as soon as I can and now I'm here.' 

There was an obvious glint in Jaewon's eyes. He knew what that meant but their lady friend seemed to be oblivious about that fact. He felt so sorry for Yunho all these time. 

'Ah! Jaewon oppa, have you decided who would be my partner for the couple dance?'

Yunho perked up, suddenly interested in the conversation (and slightly jealous, too, that Jaewon got to be called oppa). He looked between BoA and Jaewon. It seemed like another opportunity had opened up for him. 

'Is it for your comeback stage?' BoA nodded. Yunho knew she's been preparing for it for a couple of weeks now. It's another milestone for her so everything was being planned carefully since the start of the production.

'I think it's still better to get someone from one of your labelmates,' Jaewon answered seriously. 'That would be a great boost, too! And we have great male dancers in the company.'

'Fine by me, I'll do it,' Yunho volunteered without second thoughts, and obviously butting in. He was smiling from ear to ear, even waving his large hands for emphasis. 

'I know you said we have a lot of talented male dancers in the company but... Do we really have to pick him?' BoA shrugged looking between Yunho and her dance director. 

Jaewon took a quick look at the over enthusiastic Yunho beside BoA. 'Well, he did volunteer...'

Without further ado (despite BoA's little protests), Yunho set aside the bag pack he was carrying at the corner of the room and started stretching. He was even whistling while doing so. After a few minutes, Jaewon called everybody's attention and started explaining the routine. Everybody were listening attentively, taking pointers. Even BoA has her full concentration to the lecture. 

The team did a few rundown. BoA together with Jaewon showed how the couple dance would look like. Yunho pride himself as SM's dancing king and he proved that he can live up to that name. After showing him the dance steps, he pretty much memorized the routine and almost did it flawlessly. 

Now it was time for the dancing king and queen to practice together. BoA always took her preparations seriously and wouldn't allow any personal feelings seep out while practicing. But this time, she felt really self conscious. The first time the two of them held each other's hands, she became so aware of his presence that it felt like she's touching sandpaper. He also stood dangerously close to her that she could feel his breath against her skin. It was just a short contact, lasting a few seconds, but the intimacy of his gesture was setting off an alarm in her head. She was panicking. 

BoA missed the beat and now, her mind was in chaos. 

Yunho gently grabbed her shoulder and leaned closer. 'Are you okay?' He whispered directly to her ear. His warm breath pricked her skin, alerting her even more. 

Calm down, calm down.. She chanted silently like a mantra. This is just a practice, BoA. Calm your nerves BoA...

Yunho watched her quietly as the little giant did her best to handle the sudden turmoil in her heart. It was his plan to stir her emotions and make her uncomfortable with his presence. He'll do everything for his awareness to dawn on her and etch that consciousness in her heart. 

He will ruin that calm while playing his dangerous game. His dangerous game that will spark her emotions and make her fall in love with him. 

 

*

 

Author's Notes:

* Actually, there wasn't any articles stating when BoA had her photoshoot for her comeback poster (the one where she was blowing a bubble gum). I searched forever but the closes I could get was BoA's clip she uploaded on Socialcam/Twitter where she was showcasing her bubble gum trick. Comparing her outfit and accessories from that same clip and the poster, they are the same. So yeah, I rest my case. Sorry I'm so nitpicky with the timeline coz... Well... It's gonna be relevant in the future chapters. I think. :3

And also... HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

image (c) owner