Love Letter

Dangerous Territory

She would love to sleep for a few more minutes but heavy footsteps were distracting her from her slumber. She covered her face but that didn't help BoA block out the noise outside the room . Even if it's Yunho -- and it's still his birthday -- she wouldn't let this pass. Frustrated, she kicked the blanket off the bed and angrily stalked out of the room. Still with a bit of a headache, she swung the door open and was greeted by Changmin's sudden presence instead.

Both were shocked to be standing face to face with each other.

'BoA... noona?' Changmin said cautiously but with an evident hint of mischief.

Caught in an unlikely situation, BoA tried to back away and pretended she didn't exist in the moment by hiding back in Yunho's room. If she has to lock herself for an eternity, she wouldn't mind.

As she stepped back to make her escape, she bumped into something -- someone.

'Watch where you're going,' his low voice resonated as whisks of droplets touched her skin.

'Why are you in your freaking bathrobe all of a sudden?!' BoA screamed in panic when she noticed. It's bad enough that Changmin caught her spending the night at their apartment -- coming out of Yunho's room -- but then right after, the same person in question would be gracing their presence in a very questionable appearance.

Nothing happened. Of course nothing happened but she knows Changmin too well and she knows how his brain works. She would never hear the end of this.

'Chill. I was just taking a quick shower.'

'I know,' BoA shrugged, rolling her eyes, as if that wasn't obvious enough. 'What I meant was, why didn't you at least let me know about it or something?!'

Yunho just stared at her with a blank expression. 'Do you know what time it is already? It's almost noon. I've been knocking at the door for the past 2 hours, hoping that I could use the bathroom in my room but you weren't budging. And you know Changmin hates it the most if people starts using his bathroom so the hell with it.'

'Are you seriously giving me an attitude right now?' BoA spat while folding her arms over her chest.

There was a smile playing around the corners of his mouth, indicating how much he's enjoying the little bickering between them. He likes it most whenever he throws BoA into a bad mood.

'Okaaaaaay!' Changmin suddenly blurted out, raising his hands. 'I'm tired from work but it's cool, I'll leave and let you two quarrel some more. I could just pick an empty room at the office and rest there for the day anyway.'

Changmin turned around, walking towards the door. Before BoA could stop him and explain, he's already out of sight.

BoA was having another panic attack. She walked towards the kitchen and got herself a glass of water, hoping it'll wash away her nerves. Unfortunately, it wasn't giving her the relief she needed at the time so she poured herself another drink (hoping it was alcohol instead) only to be interrupted when Yunho suddenly hugged her from behind, nuzzling his nose against her neck as if nothing happened.

'Omigod, what the hell Yundol!' She screamed as she felt hot flushes crept up her cheeks. She struggled a little bit, trying to push him away, but her body felt weak. She knew deep down that she didn't dislike his touch and it's just a matter of time before she totally give in.

'I've been thinking the whole time last night,' he started, ignoring BoA's protests from earlier. 'There really is no use holding back myself when it comes to you so you gotta be prepared.'

BoA furrowed her eyebrows. 'Prepare for what?' She asked curiously as she slightly tilted her head to face him.

'For this,' he breathed and captured BoA's lips with his. He did mean what he said and as much as BoA hates getting empowered by anyone, she caved in and returned his kisses.

It was crazy. She felt how much she denied herself from this pleasurable warmth. Now, she couldn't stop. She wouldn't stop.

She wounded her arms around Yunho's neck and tiptoed to be much closer to him. Yunho wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her up slightly. They kissed for a long long time but neither wanted to stop at all except that there was someone who rang the doorbell.

'Answer the door,' BoA moaned in between kisses, playing with his wet hair in between her fingertips.

'Who cares, they'll leave when we ignore them...' He sighed ever so softly as he embraced her tighter, grazing her neck with his lips this time.

The doorbell kept on ringing though, to the point that neither could ignore it any longer.

Reluctantly, Yunho had to let go. 'I bet you, it's just Changmin trying to piss us off,' he grumbled, on his way to the door. He balled his fist ready to punch the unwelcome guest.

'I know! Actually, let me take care of this. He owes me for pissing me off last time, anyway.' There was a smug look on her face as she made her way for the door with Yunho just trailing close behind her.

She swung the door open, ready to scream at Changmin until there's no tomorrow, only to stop mid-way when Ara and Yeonhee greeted her unexpectedly.

It was a shocking scene from all of them that Ara dropped the cake she was carrying. Even Yeonhee couldn't say anything. She just stared at BoA and then back at Yunho with wide eyes. Shock was definitely an understatement.

Finally snapping out of her reverie, Yeonhee held Ara's hand tightly. She was afraid that her companion wouldn't handle the scene before them and what Ara needed most was a support only she can offer.

Watching from afar, Yeonhee somehow had an inkling that BoA and Ara had this special spot for Yunho that could've caused the sudden distance between the two. It wasn't hard to miss once she started to look closely. It was even more evident the past few months when she noticed the three of them barely even go out together anymore. Add to that BoA's reaction when she told her about the rumor between Yunho and Ara during the time of their drama.

But most importantly, she also knew that if one of them actually ended up with him, the other would be terribly heartbroken. And now, more than anybody, Yeonhee knew that Ara was beyond repair.

The most pitiful.

'I...' Ara said, her voice distant, 'we wanted to greet you a happy birthday.'

Yunho and BoA kept silent, unable to answer her back. They couldn't even look her in the eyes. They felt so guilty. It's always a terrible thing to be heartbroken. Especially so when it was your loved ones themselves who hurt you. Nobody can ever begin to explain the depths of Ara's heart.

The awful silence was unbearable. It was a painful minute that drowned everybody's courage.

BoA's eyes started to redden and only God knows how hard it was not to cry in front of her bestfriend. But like what she's decided just last night, the least they could do was to be honest with Ara.

'I'm sorry...' BoA said softly, her lips trembling.

To Ara, it was more painful to see BoA suffer in her own happiness. The worst irony of all. Without another word, she yelped towards their way and enveloped the two in a warm embrace.

'I'm glad that you are both happy.' Ara could only hope her sincerity was conveyed properly through her words and action. 'This is what I wanted. Please, at least for my sake, don't deny my sincere wish for you two...'

Since young, BoA faced so much hardships in life. So many sad memories and experiences that bruised her heart in ways nobody can ever describe. She thought that after everything, nothing can ever faze her anymore. She's a tough woman. She knows what she wants and will not stop at anything to achieve her goals. But here she is, bawling like a baby for something that was willingly given to her.

'Ara... Ara...' BoA sobbed hugging her bestfriend tight. Both of them were trembling. 'I honestly don't know how we'll ever face you again after this because... because you gave us our happiness even if it meant throwing your heart away.'

Tears just kept on falling down BoA's cheek while Yunho can only look at them with remorse. He stood there quietly, his body numb from everything.

'No regrets, you two,' Ara said softly with a smile, meeting Yunho's gaze this time. She saw guilt in his eyes so she shook her head in disapproval. 'Unnie, I told you to follow your heart. There shouldn't be anything else that should stop you from anything that can grant you ultimate satisfaction in life,' she continued with a smile finally letting go to look at BoA's eyes. 'And now,' Ara walked towards Yunho and embraced him briefly, 'you may not be able to return my feelings but at least I'm at ease because you can finally show just how much you love unnie big. And that's everything that matters now.'

Yunho nodded as tears were b at the corner of his eyes. 'Thank you.'

Ara faced the two of them one last time and showed them a heart warming smile. 'We'll be going now.' Ara caught Yeonhee's hand and they walked towards the door. 'Live your story of happily ever after,' she said in finality as she closed the door behind her.

 



The two walked in silence. Yeonhee wanted to ask Ara how she was feeling. Wondering how she could probably lessen Ara's pain right now but Yeonhee couldn't muster enough courage to  comfort her friend openly.

'Let unnie drive the car this time,' Yeonhee offered as she watched Ara's trembling hands search for the keys inside her purse. She was so heartbroken seeing the younger woman in a vulnerable state.

And although Ara did what was right in this situation, it doesn't mean she wasn't hurt by any of it. More than that, it was like a part of her died when she let go of that love.

'Thank you.'

Soon enough, the two were now on the highway, driving aimlessly around Seoul. Ara looked oblivious as she gazed outside the window. The two didn't talk for a long time and Yeonhee started to really worry about her.

'Ara... About what happened earlier with BoA unnie--'

'Unnie.' Yeonhee was cut short and was forced to listen to what Ara has to say. 'I've always had this love letter tucked away in the depths of my heart,' she began with a little laugh. 'I guess I've always liked him. I realized that I've always admired him ever since a long time ago. Maybe even before the two of us even filmed our drama together.'

Yeonhee listened quietly. This secret story she's kept for a long time was suddenly coming to life. And although it would cause more sadness to remember all the sad memories, it was at least, a way to healing.

'I've always asked God for Yunho to love me. The closest I got was the rumor stating we were dating,' Ara chuckled as she wiped the corner of her eye. 'It was a blissful time to be filming with him. And although my love was blossoming even more as we spent time together, I felt how everything was so superficial on his part.'

There was another short pause after that. Yeonhee kept silent as she drove around endlessly, hoping it'll calm her bestfriend.

'And then eventually I realized that my love letter had rewritten itself. That instead of wishing he reciprocate my feelings, I wished for him to be loved in return because... Because I've always known his love for BoA unnie. I wanted BoA unnie to love him sincerely.'

Yeonhee bit her lip. She finally pulled over the curb, unable to control her feelings a second more. She faced Ara this time and held her hands tightly to her chest but the younger lady couldn't hold Yeonhee's gaze and silently cried because of the agonizing pain.

'It will hurt. It will hurt for a long, long time but Ara... Ara, what you did today was very brave and I'm sure that very soon, you'll find that man that will heal all your wounds and will make you realize that all the pain has been worth it in the end.'

Ara smiled briefly and hugged Yeonhee tight.

Yeonhee was right. Not too long from now, Ara will definitely meet the man that will make her feel that all the heartaches was well worth it.

And as she waits for her heart to rewrite her final love letter, she will let out all the pain and cry. She'll cry until there were no more tears. Until her eyes are all puffy.

Until she can finally tell herself that indeed, she has truly moved on.

 

*

 

Author's Note:

I couldn't put a Fast Fact portion because for the past few chapters, eveyrhting happened during Yunho's birthday. LOL!

Anyway, what a whirlwind of events! From gag to fluffy to freakin angst, man... *sigh*  All I know is that by next chapter, we would be seeing the ending to this fanfic. HAHA! Thanks everyone for reading!