If You Were Here

Dangerous Territory

Fact: November 5 -- BoA's birthday

- - - 

BoA woke up with a smile on her face. She grabbed her phone on her bedside table and expected a flood of messages. 

She wasn't disappointed. 

She scrolled down and read each messages happily. 'Aww... Tiffany is the sweetest kid ever,' she commented after reading her heartfelt birthday greeting ending it with a meaningful passage from the bible. 

It was her birthday and she will not let anything ruin her mood. After reading Taemin's message, her phone rang. 

'Happy birthday, unnie!' Yeonhee greeted brightly on the other line. This gave her another magnitude of happiness. 'Where are we gonna get ourselves drunk tonight?'

'Hey! Unnie's not like that anymore! I stopped drinking a long time ago!'

Her bestfriend fell silent, unable to grasp BoA's outright lie. Out of everything she could've said, she claimed to have stopped drinking alcohol. 

'Riggghhhght...' Yeonhee replied flatly. There was a bit of silence before the two bursted into laughter at their own silliness. 'Well, I only have one schedule for today so we can meet up with Ara. I'll call her later, okay?'

BoA hesitated for a bit before answering. 'O-of course! We'll make sure to have a great time together on my birthday!' She finally said. She's being absurd if she'll leave her out when they're okay. 

'Ladies night?'

'Yep! It'll be ladies night.'

They talked a little more and hung up eventually. BoA's back to reading her messages. When she read the last one, she couldn't help but notice that Yunho didn't leave her a call nor a birthday message. Was this still her fault? For always pushing him away, that he chose to avoid her even on her special day? 

In all those years, this was the first time he missed congratulating her on her birthday. 

'No BoA... Don't let this get to you. Today is a special day,' she chanted repeatedly until she herself believed it.

Sighing, BoA finally got up from bed and took a quick shower before talking to her mother over the phone. Her mom reminded her to eat good food today since she won't be able to meet with her daughter. 

While lazing around, watching an episode of her favorite drama in the living room, she heard somebody ring the doorbell. It wasn't time for her to leave yet and she's not expecting anybody this early. Puzzled, she went at the door and was greeted by a delivery guy. 

'Ms. Kwon BoA?'

'Yes, that's me.' She answered eyeing a bouquet of sunflowers in his arms. 

'If you could just sign your name and date over here, please?' 

BoA did as she was instructed. 'Who is this from?' She asked curiously, preserving her rational mind in check, but the delivery guy just smiled at her, shaking his head. She guessed that he won't be giving any answers to her question. She didn't push him any further when she already have an inkling. 

As soon as he left, BoA went inside and smelled the fresh flowers in her arms. She was humming unconsciously as she picked up the card that was enclosed with it. 

'Happy Birthday BboA.' She read, automatically putting a smile on her face. It wasn't signed but she knew right away who it was from of course. Her mood have improved even more. Still humming, she tiptoed her way towards her room and placed the sunflowers on her bedside table, near the special bracelet she got from him earlier. 

As she looked around, she was surprised how her room was filled with gifts she got from Yunho over the years. It was as if she was seeing everything for the very first time. The Mashimaro stuff toy on her bed. The Rilakuma slippers she's wearing right now. The dress that was hanging in her dresser. The brown purse on the couch (together with the wallet inside it). Her favorite hat in her collection, even the fashion earrings and necklaces in her jewelry box. There's also the special photo frame hanging on her wall for her 10 year anniversary and now the bracelet and Sunflowers for this year. 

She was only realizing now how even her room seemed to be filled with Yunho's scent. That for the first time, she really wished she was together with him right now. 

BoA became confused and mad at herself. She didn't understand if she was feeling the gush of emotion because the relationship between the two of them haven't been the same ever since the confrontation, or as a result of something else... She was perturbed, not only due to the fact that although she missed Yunho, she also started yearning for him as well. 

Her legs weren't able to handle her weight any longer and she collapsed on her bed. She brought her hands together and covered her face as if to hide her innermost secret from the silent world watching her right now. 

And before giving in to her tears, she uttered those words that she wished she would never have to say. But at the same time, it was the most sincere desire of her heart, for the emptiness was unbearable.

'If you were here...' She trailed off but stopped midway. She shook her head violently and forced herself not to say anymore. She wiped her tears and clenched her fist. 'No BoA. You cannot be feeling this way,' she scolded herself. 

She stood up and turned her back to look at all the memories Yunho left her. They really shared a lot of history together and it made her incredibly sad that she was the reason why their friendship was suffering right now. 

She bit her lip and walked away with a heavy heart, closing the door behind her -- putting a close to all those memories behind her...

 

*

 

Author's Note:

This is a real turning point for BoA now that she's starting to acknowledge her own feelings for Yunho, but imma tell you right now, everything is going down from this point on. MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

But seriously, where is the fluff in this story anyway?! Did I actually write something like this?! This feels totally wrong... Like you, I also wait how everything would unfold for the two of them. My gosh. Welp, thanks for reading!!! Hold on for the next installment guys! It won't be long 'til a new update <3