Time To Begin

Dangerous Territory

Fact: November 25,2012 -- SM Town Thailand

- - - 

It started with a single hello and then a few casual conversation between them. BoA finally came to a point that although she's still full of reservations about her current status with Yunho, she wouldn't be a coward and avoid him anymore. 


The past is past. It'll be nothing but a closed book. Whatever happened up to the point where they fell apart will stay as fragments of yesterday starting now. It wasn't an easy transition but she was finally able to move on. She's ready to make new memories with him. She expected a lot of difficulties and that it will take time to piece everything together but she's in no hurry. She would acknowledge her feelings a little more honestly. 

It was time to begin. 

If the sudden realization of how much Yunho have become a part of her life during her birthday never happened, she's not sure if she'll ever be prepared to talk with him like now. She's glad that from that moment on, everything between them were slowly coming back together. 

- - -

SM Town Thailand was just around the corner. While waiting at the studio, BoA was browsing several useful Thai words to use for the presscon. She was browsing different sites on her phone when somebody tapped her shoulder from behind. She turned around and saw Changmin and Yunho in their casual clothes. 

'What's up?' Changmin greeted with his signature grin. Yunho on the other hand was busy playing with his phone. 

'Ah, I'm waiting for Jaewon oppa.'

'Arg!' Yunho growled lifting his head to face BoA at the same exact time she looked at him. He smirked at her and walked towards her. 

'What are you doing?'

'Playing with Anipang. I know I  gotta stop this addiction but I can't,' he explained. The two giant pulled their own stool and sat beside the little giant. 

'Is it a good game?'

'Yeah, to the point that it's not healthy for me anymore.'

'It's not fun,' Changmin argued earning himself a glare from Yunho. 

BoA chuckled at their little bickering. 'Well, I'll try and check it out sometime.'

'Anyway, what about Jaewon?' Yunho asked curiously. 

'Well... He was supposed to tell me something that's why I'm here,' she answered. Yunho was about to ask some more when her phone started ringing. A bit startled, she proceeded to check who was calling. 'It's oppa,' she announced. Yunho gestured for her to answer it.

While on the phone, Yunho and Changmin started arguing about dumb stuff like Yunho's addiction to anipang. 

'What happened?' Changmin asked when BoA finally ended the call. His hand was in front of his face, serving as a shield before Yunho hits his head. 

BoA looked puzzled for a different reason. 'I don't know. He sounded happy but without further explanation, he told me to reschedule our meeting for another day because it will be, well... worth it?'

The three looked confused as she finished explaining. Nothing was making any sense. 'So, it's a good surprise?' Yunho re-confirmed, scratching his head. 

BoA just shrugged her shoulders. As she was trying to shift from her seat, she accidentally dropped her phone. Yunho picked it up by instinct and caught a glimpse of her mobile screen. 

'You're studying Thai?' BoA nodded her head. 'Pft! Why do you need to read tutorials when you have me,' he scoffed confidently. BoA raised her eyebrow as she examined him. 

'That's true. Hyung's quite good at it.'

Although quite unsure, she had Yunho teach her a few useful Thai words. It was perfect timing because in a few days after that, BoA together with her labelmates gathered around and prepared for their trip to Thailand. 

By then BoA's already addicted to Anipang, that throughout the flight, she did nothing but beat her high score time and time again. 

When they arrived at the Suvarnabhumi Airport, she finally earned another top score and was showing it off to Yunho. Unknown to her was that, the smallest gesture she made would raise a few commotions as their fellow labelmates observed them. 

And apparently at the presscon, they also had a little incident where BoA hit Yunho for teaching her the wrong Thai greeting. Changmin raised his eyebrow in recognition and had a mental note to watch them closely even more after that. 

'I thought you're Thai was flawless!' She said through gritted teeth, still smiling as people took pictures of them. 

'Yes, my Thai is supposed to be flawless.' He answered back discreetly while waving at some fans. The picture taking ended after a few minutes and they were now directed outside the hall. 

BoA slipped in between Donghae and  Sooyoung to get to Yunho's side. 

'Yah! For making a fool out of me, you need to --' BoA's little speech was interrupted by a ringing sound. Yunho pulled out his phone from his pocket and stared at it absentmindedly. 'Are you not gonna answer it?'

Drawing him back to reality, Yunho smiled weakly and answered the call. 'Yes, Ara?'

The shock that hit BoA was unexpected. This was the second time this happened in her presence and both times, her heart felt so unsettled just thinking about the two. She felt her face burning. She couldn't even hear anything. All she wanted was to get out and stay away from him. She walked weakly towards the door, without Yunho noticing. 

'Unnie, are you okay?' Sooyoung asked as she held BoA's shoulder in support before she trip over a cord on the floor. BoA's face looked distressed. 'Unnie... Unnie!' Sooyoung called out worriedly when the older woman didn't answer. 

'BoA!' Yunho yelled alerting older lady out of her reverie. She stiffened and grabbed Sooyoung's arm. She needed to get away before her feelings escalate further. She can't deal with her unstable feelings right now. 

'Unnie, oppa's calling you...'

BoA saw Yunho still scanning the crowd looking for her. She ducked her head when he looked their way. When she was certain Yunho was out of sight, she cleared making sure her voice was even and natural before answering her junior. 'Nah, he's just gonna ask for a difficult favor I don't feel like doing right now so instead, let's go somewhere else away from him, okay?'

Of course, Sooyoung thought BoA's reason didn't make any sense but as her senior, she just went along with her. 

In the end, the two two found themselves inside the Girls' Generation room because BoA was  determined to stay hidden from Yunho. She invited herself even though it would've hurt her pride to ask for favors. 

It was better than facing him.

BoA knew Yunho would be looking for her so going back in her room won't be a smart idea. It would only result into an ugly confrontation. Not because of him, but because of her

She hugged her knees as she drowned herself with questions that needed answers. 



Why Yunho?

Why Ara?

Why now?



She was ready. She was supposed to be ready and have a new beginning with him but with these detestable feelings inside her heart, she's just not sure anymore...

And so, she sat at the corner of the room, crippling with her own silent despair. 

 

*

 

Author's Note:

You could say it's a filler chapter as a prelude to the next chapter <3