Don't Know What To Say

Dangerous Territory

Fact: August 4/5 - - SM Town Live in Tokyo, Japan

- - - 

BoA wouldn't lie. The thought of Yunho ever liking her did cross her mind a few times after their Win Win episode together. That all of a sudden, something clicked and the platonic friendship they shared for a decade suddenly vanished between them. 

But hearing a confirmation of that silly speculation was still unexpected and it threw off the balance she once had for their friendship. She has always been confident so being unsure was more scary than anything she had ever experienced before. And anyway, she can't be sure how sincere he was with his confession. They were both drunk to begin with. She didn't want to get ahead of herself and meet a disappointment in the end. 

'Disappointment?' She said out loud, surprised about her sudden thought. Why would disappointment even mix in with her feelings? This made her incredibly anxious and so she went ahead and assessed herself further. 

At that time, after what Yunho had told her, the two of them fell silent. Soon enough, he left without saying another word, a profound void lingering between them. 

Her earlier plan of watching her favorite drama while relaxing that day never happened. It was 2:06 AM  now and she was still wide awake, tossing back and forth on her bed. 

'And what was I supposed to do?' She asked herself, contemplating how she should've responded in the situation. She tried to ask herself whether she felt the same way about him or not. It would be unfair to start a relationship with him when she doesn't even know if she can reciprocate his feelings. If she wanted to have a future with Yunho, she wanted to be sincere with him and herself. She would want to give him her whole heart. So if he had asked her what she wanted... 'I wouldn't know what to say to him,' she whispered hugging herself. 'I honestly don't know what to say...'

The burden was getting harder to hide especially from her best friends who kept asking her what was the reason behind her sudden distance from Yunho, with Ara, most affected by it for some reason. Not just Yeonhee and Ara but even her fellow labelmates were getting suspicious. 

Everybody else in the company were talented and personally, she would rather do the couple dance with any of them. That's why throughout her promotion, she never considered collaborating with Yunho again (even if deep down, she realized that she can only really connect with him on a level only the two of them can understand). This has been a big puzzlement within the company, though nobody talked about it so openly. 

But without notice, her calm was interrupted again. 

They were about to embark on their SM TOWN concert tour and their next stop would be in Japan. BoA and TVXQ are known to be well loved by the Japanese people so as to be expected, the crowd was terribly anticipating a collaboration between the two. BoA tried to reason out with the director so she can switch partners, however, she only managed to bargain with him in the end. A bit dismayed, BoA was expected to perform with Yunho for their first day whether she likes it or not. 

During rehearsals, before the actual event that night, an obvious awkwardness was seen from their practice. BoA looked so uncomfortable and the distance she set between the two of them was so clear. 

Later on, fifteen minutes before BoA goes on stage for her 'Only One' performance, the girls joined her at the backstage. 

'Unnie, are you feeling nervous?' Tiffany asked, touching BoA's shoulder lightly while sitting beside her. 

'Huh? What do you mean?'

Tiffany looked between her other sisters who equally reflected a worried expression like her. 

'We saw your rehearsal with Yunho oppa and for some reason...' Sooyoung paused, contemplating whether she should go on or not. 

'We thought that you weren't in your best condition,' Taeyeon offered, finishing the Shikshin's earlier statement. 

BoA crossed her brows and pursed her lips. She was being more obvious than what she would've liked. She began to panic. 

'That's... Not true.' She looked towards all nine of them. Nobody seemed convinced, though. She should need to make a better attempt at salvaging the situation. 'Unnie's just really tired earlier but I'm fine now.'

Silence. 

'I hope you wouldn't find this rude or anything but, it's not because you're tired that makes us worried,' the brave maknae voiced out. Hyoyeon and Jessica nodded in agreement though at the same time, surprised about her boldness. 

'Unnie, did something happen between you and Yunho oppa?' Sunny finally voiced out. YoonA held Yuri's hand, anticipating for the worst. Truth be told, this was the worst time to even open up this subject. Not when they were about to perform together in a few minutes. 

'That's not true,' Yunho echoed surprising everybody in their little space at the backstage. BoA was so shocked at his sudden appearance that she almost dropped the bottle of water she was holding. 

Yunho walked towards BoA and sat beside her. Now, the little giant was in between Tiffany and Yunho. BoA felt like gasping for air. She felt trapped between the girls' scrutiny and Yunho's presence. 

The young man wrapped his arm around BoA's shoulder. She stiffened at the contact and stayed paralyzed on her seat in what seemed like an eternity. 

'Why would you even think that? A few days ago, we were even hanging out together. Right, BboA?' Yunho was now looking at her. She tried to take a peak but was too nervous to do so in the end. What he said was a lie of course. After his confession a few weeks ago, she started avoiding him. 

The young man noticed that his companion wasn't too inclined to support his statement. She was spacing out for some reason. To call her back into reality, he tightened her grip on her shoulder, twisted his body and came face to face with her. He brushed her hair off her face and caressed her brown locks for a while. 

BoA glared at him. She stood up abruptly and turned her back on him. She was not gonna play his game. Not today. 

'Yeah, like what he said,' she spat before storming out, leaving Yunho and the girls more confused than they were previously. 

Yunho chuckled as soon as BoA disappeared in the shadows. 'Thanks for worrying about us,' he sighed. 

'Then we were right...' Jessica trailed off. 'We thought it was weird how you don't even collaborate with each other anymore.'

'And quite honestly, I even heard unnie asking the director to change oppa as her partner for this stage,' Hyoyeon added. 

'Wow... BoA's really lucky to have you guys as her little sisters,' he mused, smiling at the fact that they were this concerned about their unnie. After a short pause, he cleared his throat and dawned a more serious face. 'But don't worry, I won't let anything happen to her, not when I'm around,' he said in finality before disappearing where BoA walked off earlier. 

'It's so cute how he acts around unnie,' YoonA marveled pointing at the direction where Yunho exited. 

'Wouldn't it be nice if they actually end up together?' Yuri asked to no one in particular but everybody ended up agreeing anyway. 

Yunho leaned his back to the wall,  smiling merrily as he continued to listen to their conversation. 

'Of course we look good together. Too bad everybody acknowledges it except BoA herself.' He closed his eyes and pictured BoA's face. 

'Only One stage in two minutes!' The assistant stage director called out bringing him back to reality. Yunho's heart started beating so violently against his chest. It wasn't because he was nervous dancing alongside BoA in this unlikely condition. More than that, he was genuinely excited for it. He'll make sure to come up with a great show. He will stop at nothing to make her fall in love with him. He would run after her repeatedly, until the time she herself stops on her track and finally look at him. 

 

*  

 

Author's Notes:

Yay! Finally an update! And like always, the story moves according to real BoA 'timeline' if you know what I mean :3

Of course, I wouldn't write anything without mentioning my precious Soshi girls so there! HAHA! You should be used to it by now. And useless fact, I used the random 2:06AM hour in this story coz, HAHA, 02/06 is Yunho's birthday. I was trying to emphasize that even unconsciously, BoA is filled with Yunho consciousness. Te-hee! That's what a true delusional YunBoA shipper does <3

Thanks for reading!