NINE

Without Boundaries

What happened?  You okay?” asked Hyun Joong when he pushed Hyung Jun away from him, staring straight at his group mate who was sitting up straight, looking anxious, breathing hard as his chest goes up and down fast, sweat running down from his forehead and his eyes staring straight, unfocused.



Slowly nodding, Young Saeng closed his eyes, took long deep breath to calm himself and slouched a bit as he managed to even his breathing and relaxed.



Kyu Jong came into the living room with one hand holding a pot and another holding a stack of bowls supporting the weight of the pot underneath it.  He looked confused at the situation in front of him; Hyung Jun holding onto a pillow tightly, staring around the house, Hyun Joong, wiping Young Saeng’s forehead, looking concerned and the last person, Young Saeng looking flustered and baffled.



What just happened here?” he asked as he set the bowls on the coffee table and took a cloth from his back pocket, putting it on the center of the table before carefully placing the pot he had in his hand on top of it.



You mean you didn’t hear Young Saeng’s hyung screaming and the sudden wind gushing in?” asked Hyung Jun, who was staring at him in disbelieve.



No.  I didn’t hear a thing.  What happened?


I don’t know either.  But it’s really spooky, Kyu Jong ah,” said Hyung Jun, grabbing Kyu Jong’s wrist and pulled him to sit next to him on the couch.



Young Saeng ah…you okay?” asked Hyun Joong again, looking at him warily, placing his hand on the shoulder of the younger man in front of him, ignoring the two boys on the sofa.



Young Saeng opened his eyes and gave him an assuring light smile, “I had a nightmare.


About the same girl?


How did you know?


Instinct.



Young Saeng nodded, “It seemed so real.”



Hyung?  What seemed so real?” asked Kyu Jong confused.



Hyun Joong looked over at Kyu Jong and back at Young Saeng, “I think this is getting freaky.  Maybe we should tell them.”



Tell us what, hyung?” asked the magnae of the group, also confused and a slight of fright can be detected in his tone, he was the scaredy cat of the group as well.



Young Saeng adjusted his seating to face them before answering their questions, “I have been dreaming about a girl for the past two days.  Since the time of the photo shoot at the beach.



Hyung Jun butted in a loud voice, “You are dreaming of a ghost?



Aissh…shut up and just listen to his story,” argued Hyun Joong, glaring at Hyung Jun that made the boy to zip his lips and backed off.



Hyun Joong gave Young Saeng a pat on his shoulder to continue with his explanation



The first night, the girl was crying and when I went closer to her, she distanced herself from me.  The second night, I stayed still and the girl, still as the night before, crying but the difference was that, she didn’t backed away and she spoke.  She said, I was not him.  I have no idea what it meant.  And just now, I dreamt of her again.  It was like a continuation from the previous dream.  She said I was not him and ran off, plunging herself down a cliff,” Young Saeng told his dreams continuously, eyeing the reaction of his friends.



Hyung, have you seen this girl before?” asked Kyu Jong breaking the few minutes of silence after Young Saeng’s story.



No.


Was there any difference of what you did from that first night?


None.



The silence continued until Hyung Jun spoke out excitedly, “Hyung, there is a difference!  You went out alone on the beach when we arrived at the beach!!


That was true.  That was the only time that you were alone,” agreed Hyun Joong making Hyung Jun face beamed with happiness when the leader agreed with him.


So, what did you do during that time?” Kyu Jong asked, eyeing Young Saeng.


I walked by the shore and found a bottle.  And…” he said as he pondered at the image formed in his mind, replaying the event.


What?” asked the other three in unison.


I found a rusty chain and a ring as the pendant.  I even brought it home.”


That must be it.  Let’s go over to your house now!” Hyun Joong jumped up instantly.


Hyung…can we finish the ramyun I made first?  I’m hungry,” said Kyu Jong as he turned his sight to the pot.


Hyun Joong too turned his gaze to the hot ramyun, and sat back down, taking a bowl, “Where is the chopstick?