TEN

Without Boundaries


Hyung? Should we really do this?  What if the ghost suddenly appears and attacks all of us?” Hyung Jun asked, worried and scared of the after effect after the summoning exercise took place.



Hyun Joong and Jung Min, who came straight to Young Saeng’s house after his company’s meeting ended, continued lighting the candles that they could find in Young Saeng’s house, Hyun Joong’s house and at Royal Avenue, Jung Min’s offline shop, and set them on the small table centered in the living room.  Overall, they managed to find about 12 candles of birthday candles, scented candles, normal emergency candles and dinner candles.



Kyu Jong looked at the flickering yellow and orange light, “Jung Min ah, why do you have dinner candles and scented candles at your shop?  You are selling clothes, right?

Props, Kyu ah…for the interior decorations.  That’s why I asked you to come down the shop and see them yourself,” complaint Jung Min.

Mianhe…I will go to your shop soon.  And buy something for my sister.”


Hearing that his group member will shop at Royal Avenue, Park Jung Min smiled widely.



Once all the candles have been lighted, all five of them sat on the floor, circling the table.  Kyu Jong’s left sat Hyung Jun who was grabbing his arm, looking terrified of the idea, on his right was Jung Min, continued on with Hyun Joong and lastly was Young Saeng, not looking very eager of the idea as well, unlike Jung Min and Hyun Joong.  Kyu Jong, as always, was in the middle.  He doesn’t look eager nor dislike the idea.



Should we hold hands?” asked Jung Min, eyeing Hyun Joong.

Of course.  All the movies hold hands when the summoning ceremony starts.  It’s part of the ritual, I think.

You think?  I thought you knew how to do this.  What if we messed up?  I don’t like this, hyung ah…Let’s stop before anything bad happens,” cried the frightened little baby of the group.

Nothing will go wrong.  I’ve watched many horror movies to know how it works.  After lighting the candles, we have to focus on the ring and necklace, and call out the spirit.  It’s that easy,” stated Hyun Joong, looking all confident, “Come on, let’s start.  Hold hands and focus on the thing at the middle of the table.”



Hyung Jun really hated to carry on with the ceremony but seeing the others has started to held hands and focusing their sight on the ring and necklace at the center of the circle of candles, he followed suit with a heavy heart.



Spirit of the ring and necklace that Heo Young Saeng picked up from the beer bottle on the beach, please show yourself to us and tell us why you disturb the sleep of our friend.  He needed his sleep for SS501 events.  We can’t have him falling asleep during interviews.  Please, show yourself in a presentable way,” summoned Kim Hyun Joong that made s making faces as in trying to control themselves from laughing aloud and lose focus.



Hyun Joong continued summoning for another couple of times and stopped, waiting for something to happen but after awhile, they grew tired of waiting and their eyes started to get watery and hot for focusing too long.  Jung Min was the first to break the circle when he stood up and huffed, “This is not working.  Nothing happened.  I’m tired and hungry.  Let’s stop and get something for dinner.



Hyung Jun, being scared that something might appear was more than happy when Jung Min asked them to stop, “Yes, let’s go for dinner.”

Ya!  You can’t just stop the ceremony just like that.  You have to close it properly.  Aisshhh…if after this the ghost comes for each one of us, I will blame on you, Mal.  I’ll ask the ghost to go after you alone.”

Oh come on now, hyung.  There is no such thing as ghost.  See, nothing happen anywhere.  You might have done it wrongly.  Let’s just go.  Kyu Jong, blow out the candles now,” argued Jung Min as he walked towards his sweater on the head of the sofa and put them on.



Kyu Jong did as he was told, helped by the leader that has a sour look on his face.  After making sure that all the candles have been blown out, the two of them stood and put on their hoodies, following from behind going out of Young Saeng’s house for dinner.



Unknowing to them that a figure walked in the living room after they left, coming from the balcony and headed straight towards the little table and picked up the necklace and ring, “I miss you.  It won’t be long now.”