NINETEEN

Without Boundaries

 

The five of them stood by the side of Heo Young Saeng’s uncle’s grave in silence after they have secretly buried the necklace and ring of Seol Eun Mi by the headstone.

 

Probably we should say something?” said Kim Kyu Jong, looking at Young Saeng.

 

Who should start?

Let the nephew start first.

 

All 4 of them turned their heads to Young Saeng, waiting for him to utter some last words, bidding goodbye to the girl that has made his life like a scary movie flick for the past week.

 

 

Guess I have to start…since she came to me for help and after all…she was my aunt.”  He paused.  Figuring what to say in his head.

 

 

Okay…here goes.  Seol Eun Mi-sshi…I wish you would rest in peace now.  I am sorry for not being able to help you more.  And I would like to thank you.  You have made me open my eyes that love knows no boundaries.  Even in the afterlife.  I hope the both of you would continue your journey together in the next life as well.  That’s all I guess.  Anyone else?

 

 

Kim Hyun Joong stepped forward.  “Seol Eun Mi-sshi, thank you for not taking our Young Saeng hostage and if you could…for the last time…please appear yourself upon us.”

 

 

Hyung!  I don’t want her to appear…” Hyung Jun suddenly exclaimed when he heard the request from Hyun Joong and grabbed hold of Jung Min who was standing beside him with his eyes eyeing around.

 

 

Aisshhh…get hold of yourself.  The sun is just on top of us.  You are such a baby and let go of me!”  Park Jung Min scolded the person hugging tightly to him, trying hard to push him away.

 

 

Aannnniiii…Mal…

 

 

Shut up you two!  This is a cemetery.  Show your respect to the dead!” scolded Hyun Joong, “Kyu Jong, you are next.

 

 

Though it has been short, but you have made a memorable experience for all of us.  I do wish the both of you would have a better ending in the next life and that you have the reunion you wished for.

 

Jung Min?

 

 

Your love for your husband is really admirable but suicide is not.  Please…don’t ever think that death is the last resort for all your problems if you are facing the similar situation in your next life.  I’m done.

 

 

Jung Min hit the back of the head of the clinging ‘turtle’ on his arm, “Your turn.

 

 

That hurt!”  Still with his eyes observing the surroundings, Hyung Jun continued, “Seol Eun Mi-sshi, please don’t disturb us anymore and don’t appear in front of us.

 

 

Babo!  Say something nice!!” Hyun Joong yelled at him.

 

 

Fine!  I hope you have a happy afterlife.  There, can we go back now?

 

 

The leader shook his head at the childish act by the scaredy-cat Hyung Jun.  “Let’s go.  We don’t want the manager to worry about our sudden disappearance.

 

 

They turned away to head back to the parking lot and was only a few steps away when they heard it. 

 

 

Thank you.

 

 

That made all five of them to turn back their sight to the cemetery just to see two faint, see through figure standing at the cemetery.

 

 

The necklace and ring was the last thing to make me complete to meet my husband back,” she said as she looked over at the man beside her, who was smiling without uttering a sound.

 

 

Heo Young Saeng, thank you.  You have helped me more than you think.  And about my remains…I’m already buried beside him,” she pointed to the cemetery on the left to where they were standing before, “and Park Jung Min, I did not commit suicide.  I jumped to safe my husband but the current was too hard on me.  Kim Hyun Joong, I hope you are satisfied now to finally being able to see a ghost.  Kim Kyu Jong, thank you for being a good friend to my nephew and lastly, Kim Hyung Jun…” she trailed off before appearing right in front of Hyung Jun, “Boo!

 

 

That was the last string of bravery left in Hyung Jun when he rushed out of the cemetery in an unnatural speed the other four have ever seen from him before, leaving them.

 

 

I’m sorry…he is such an easy target.  I can’t help myself.  Please tell him, I’m sorry.”  Seol Eun Mi said when she appeared back next to her husband, grinning, “Thank you again and good bye.”

 

 

Wait!”  Young Saeng suddenly voiced out after the long shocking silence from their part when they saw the two figures.

 

 

Seol Eun Mi-sshi…I’m still confused about the notes.

That?  On that date…you’ll find your destiny.  As to which car park, you’ll find it.  Good bye, my nephew.”

 

 

With those last words, both figures disappeared, leaving the four stunned boys and one scared kitten at the parking lot, waiting anxiously to get back to Seoul.