THIRTEEN

Without Boundaries

You’re not him…I’m lonely…

 

Those words penetrated through his sleep and made him awake.  This was the first time he didn’t dream of the girl but instead he’s hearing those words, as if it was spoken directly to his ear.  He sat up straight on his bed, eyeing suspiciously around his bedroom.  Nothing out of the ordinary was seen.  Glancing to the alarm clock on the side table, the numbers 4:38 shown clearly in red LED.  He got out from his bed and walked slowly to the light switch on the wall near the door.  Switching on the light, he blinked his eyes a little to adjust it with the light and headed to his study table.

 

I might as well try to write something before getting ready to go to the studio,” he said to himself but suddenly he paused in front of the table.

 

He stared at the note on the table.  Slowly, he reached out and picked up the note.

 

9, Carpark,” he read the note aloud, “What does this mean?

 

He looked around the room, “What does all of these means?  What do you want from me? Do you need me to help you with something?

 

After blurting out the questions aloud to no other person in the room, he carried the note back to his bed as he sat at the edge, holding up the note, reading it again and again, and turning it over again and again, hoping to find some other clues left for him.  After a while, he stopped and let out a disappointed sigh.  He didn’t find anything weird about the note except for the writings on it.  Frustrated, he crumpled the note and shot it in the dustbin that was not far from him.

 

He lay back on his back, staring straight at the ceiling, thinking of what was happening to him when he remembered something.  Getting up once again, he went to the cupboard and opened it.  He searched for awhile inside the drawer in between his boxers’ compartment and his socks compartment before finally taking out a small package wrapped in a handkerchief.  He took it back to the study table and opened it, exposing the chain and ring he took from the beach.

 

Does this have something to do with why you’re following me?” he asked out again to the empty bedroom. 

 

Is this part of the clue?