SIXTEEN

Without Boundaries

 

Young Saeng stood in silence as he heard what his mother told him about what she knew when he mentioned the name Jung Min found from the accident that happened on that particular date.  While he was on the phone, the 4 pairs of eyes were staring deep at him, and for the first time, there were utter silence in the presence of the 5 of them while they are still wide awake.

 

So, he’s actually father’s cousin?

 

That sentence was enough to make the four boys in front of him to go wild with the whispering and presuming about it until Young Saeng had to walk out of the living room and went inside Hyun Joong’s room to make sure he’d be able to listen to what his mother had to tell him about Heo Ju Woon.

 

Until now, they have no idea whether his bride is still alive or dead?  Jjinja?

De…I’ll take care of myself.  You take care of your health too okay?  Saranghae umma…

 

He stayed still on Hyun Joong’s bed after ending the call with his mom and pondered on what his mother just told him. 

 

So, now you know my name and the story behind the date.

 

Young Saeng snapped out from his thoughts when he heard the familiar voice.  The same voice he kept hearing in his life for the past 3 days and nights.  He scanned the room but there was no one else in it but he was sure of what he heard.

 

Can you appear in front of me Seol Eun Mi-sshi?” he asked politely.

 

I’m practically your aunt…

 

Young Saeng turned his head to his left and just a few inches beside him sat the girl with the flowy black hair and white dress.  He smiled at her.

 

Well, it is quite hard for me to call you aunt when you look younger than me.

I was married to Heo Ju Woon when I was 20 years old.

There’s something that doesn’t fit the story we have.  Is it okay if you tell me what really happened?

 

Seol Eun Mi looked away from him when he asked her the question. 

 

We went for our honeymoon right after the wedding.  The road was slippery.  Jun Woon oppa was driving carefully though but a little landslide occur and oppa didn’t managed to stopped.  He swerved and as the car was about to crashed down the cliff into the river, he pushed me out of the car.

 

A faint sniffle was heard coming from Eun Mi.  Young Saeng stared on at her back, “If it is too hard for you, it’s okay.  You don’t need to tell me.”

 

It’s…okay.  In order to ask for your help, you have to know the truth,” she said, finally looking back at Young Saeng.  Her eyes are teary and streaks of tears could be seen on her cheeks.

 

I saw the car go down the river.  He…oppa...never emerged.  I took my wedding ring and put it through my necklace.  There was a bottle nearby and I slipped it in before…before what I showed you in your dreams.  I wanted to be with him…

 

Young Saeng went nearer to her but as he was about to console her, he was distracted by Hyun Joong’s sudden appearance.  It took him only a second but she was gone when he looked back at her direction.

 

What are you doing?

 

She was just here…