ELEVEN

Without Boundaries

 

 

Jung Min watched intensely at his hyung who was seated at the back sofa of his seat while the hairdresser noona was setting up his hair.  He saw the disturbed facial expression on his face while reading a little note he was holding in his hand.  Jung Min waved and trying to grabbed hold of his best friend beside him who was also having his hair done.  Since they were quite far from one another, more than the length of his hand, he sighed and hissed slowly at Hyung Jun, trying to get his attention while focusing hard at Hyung Jun’s face in the mirror.


Hyung Jun…Hyung Jun…

Bwoh?” answered Hyung Jun, finally responding to Jung Min’s calls.

Look behind you…at Young Saeng hyung.”

Wae?

Just look…


Hyung Jun gave a glanced from the mirror to the sofa Jung Min instructed him to and saw what Jung Min was talking about.


Why is hyung looking troubled?

How should I know?  If I had known, would I bother asking you?


Hyung Jun glared at Jung Min with the corner of his eyes and pulled a face.


He was reading something when I saw his reflection a while ago.”

I wonder what?  Do you think the ghost left him a note?

Babo! Can ghost hold a pen?

Ya! How’d I know?  Do you think I’m a ghost expert?

Stop it you two!  Do you think I can’t hear what you two are discussing about?  I’m just behind you.”


Hyung Jun and Jung Min stopped bickering when they heard Young Saeng’s voice as he approached the two of them.  He placed a piece of paper on the table in between the two.


10, car park,” Hyung Jun read it aloud.

What is this, hyung?

I don’t know.

But, isn’t this in your own writing?

That’s what I meant.  I don’t know.  I don’t understand it either.  I have a note like this yesterday too only that it is written, 11 and not 10, inside my hoodie.

Is this found inside your hoodie too?

No.  This one I found inside my jacket I wore today.


The three looked at the mysterious note with the hairdresser noona’s peering to it too, confused by what they heard.


Have you told manager hyung about this?” asked Hyun Joong, appearing from nowhere, standing beside Young Saeng as he took the note and turned it around, analyzing it carefully.  Behind him was Kyu Jong, silently staring at the same note in Hyun Joong’s hands, clearly confused and curious about the whole situation.


"No.  Do you think he should know about this?"

"Maybe we should just tell him about it.  Did you have another dream yesterday night?" asked Hyun Joong as he handed the note back to Young Saeng.

"De...the same one in the afternoon at your house."

"Anything peculiar other than the dream?"

"No."

"The summoning ceremony was a failure, hyung ah..." added Jung Min when the hairdressers finished with their hairs and left, leaving only the five of them there, discussing about the whole ordeal that was bothering Young Saeng.


Hyun Joong didn't answer anything back and just gave a small 'maybe' gesture with his head.


"So, what should we do now?" asked Kyu Jong, finally uttering his concern.

"Mullayo..." Hyun Joong answered softly, looking at Young Saeng with his worried eyes.


"Okay boys, let's go.  You're performing in 5 minutes," their manager's voice broke the silence, startling the five young men and made all of them to turn their heads to the directions of the manager and nodded.  Hyung Jun and Jung Min stood, joining the other three as they made their way out of the waiting room towards the Inkigayo stage to perform their new single, Love Like This.


As they were being ushered to the stage, Young Saeng felt like he was being watched and by instinct, he glanced to his left, at one of the backstage corridor.  To his surprise, he caught a glimpse of a girl in a white dress, long flowing hair walking down the corridor and vanished at the end corner to the left, looking very much like the girl in his dreams.  He stopped in his tracks, wanting to go back to the corridor and followed her trail but the gentle push from his manager made him walked again, halfheartedly towards the stage where the screaming Triple S were, waiting for SS501 to perform.