TWELVE

Without Boundaries

 

 

 

He searched along the corridors and knocked on doors and waiting rooms in the station, making excuses if they have seen any of mates while looking around for the girl he saw earlier before he went up stage.  He was sure the girl was real and not one of his imaginations.  But the girl was nowhere to be found.  Walking back to his group’s own waiting room, his eyes still wandered around, hoping he would catch a glimpse of her again.

 

Hyung, where did you go?  Why did you take so long to go to the toilet?  Are you feeling okay?” asked Kyu Jong, worry was clearly shown on his face.

 

I’m fine.  I lost track of time when I was talking to Mir on the way back here,” he lied.

 

Ah…I’m glad you are okay.  You better hurry up and change.  Manager hyung went to get the van already.  The others went with him.

 

Thank you for waiting for me.

 

He quickly went to the changing room and changed out of his performance outfit. He was putting on his pants when he glanced up at the mirror in the changing room and saw the girl standing behind him.  It startled him and made him lost his balance and fell down on the floor.

 

Hyung, hyung…are you okay in there?” asked Kyu Jong, knocking on the door from the outside.

 

Young Saeng winced from the pain and rubbed the back of his head that got knocked on the floor when he fell and grunted in pain. 

 

Are you okay?

 

That question shocked him.  It’s not because of the question itself but the voice that asked the question that surprised him.  He quickly turned to his right where he heard where the question came from.  It came from the girl of his dreams, bending down, staring at him, waiting for his answer.

 

De, I’m fine,” he answered, his eyes still big with shock staring back at her.

 

I’m glad you are okay.  Manager called.  We need to go now.  Are you done?” asked Kyu Jong, behind the closed door.

 

That made Young Saeng more confused.  He turned his head to the door and back to the girl.

 

I’ll be right out,” he said, his eyes lingered on the girl who was now standing straight and smiling at him, pointing at the below part of his body.

 

He looked down at where she was pointing and saw that his underwear was exposed and only one leg was covered and the other bare.  He only managed to get one of his legs inside his pants before he fell.  His face went red of embarrassment and he quickly got up and turned his back from the girl and completed the process of wearing his pants properly.

 

Once it’s done he turned back around to face the mysterious girl. 

 

How did you get in here?  There weren’t anyone inside here when I got in,” he asked in a low, whispering voice.

 

Weren’t you looking for me earlier?” queried the girl, turning the answering position to him, obviously avoiding his questions.

 

It really was you, right?  The girl from my dreams?”  

 

What if I am?” teased the girl, still smiling.

 

Hyung?  We really need to go.  Manager hyung is getting really angry in the phone.

 

Kyu Jong’s sudden intrusion interrupted his conversation with the girl and made him turned away from the girl to look at the door.

 

I’ll be right out,” he said before making his attention back to where the girl was but he got surprised again when the girl was gone and the room was empty again with only him in it.

 

Was she really in here or was it my imagination?” he said to himself as he took his outfit and made his way out of the changing room to where Kyu Jong was waiting patiently for him.