FIVE

Without Boundaries


Okay, your hair is done,” announced the hairdresser, waiting anxiously for Heo Young Saeng’s reaction as he always did since the first time they formed the group, SS501.  Among the five of them, he was the most picky when it comes to hair styles.


But to the hairdresser’s surprise, that morning he just get off from the chair and went straight to the sofa, giving the next turn to his roommate, Park Jung Min.  He didn’t even notice the stare and confusion on the faces of the hairdresser, his group members and their managers.  It seems like he was thinking about something so seriously and focused than to realize all of that.


The leader of the group, Kim Hyun Joong sat next to him and put his hand on his forehead, trying to feel the temperature of his dear friend.  That sudden move startled Young Saeng and he quickly snapped out of his thoughts and turned his gaze towards the boy who sat next to him.


What are you doing?” he asked, looking questioningly at Hyun Joong as he continued comparing their temperature.


He doesn’t have a fever,” Kim Hyun Joong suddenly spoke out, announcing his findings to the other s.  That made Young Saeng glanced around the makeup room and saw the relieved expression and smiles on their faces.


What?” he asked again, settling his sight back to their leader.


We thought you were sick when you didn’t ask the hairdresser noona to adjust your hair or fixing them yourself like you usually do.

Oh?  I didn’t?


He got up and went in front of the mirror.  He took the blower from the hairdresser and made a little adjustment on his left side hair before returning back to the sofa, satisfied with his hairdo.

So?  What were you thinking?” asked Hyun Joong when he had taken back his seat by his side.


It’s nothing actually.  I was just thinking about the dream I had last night.  It felt so real.

Dreams normally do, but at the end, they are just dreams.

I know…but I just couldn’t stop thinking about it.

You want to tell me about it?

It’s nothing, really…it’s just that, I kept seeing this face…this girl in my dream.  She was smiling to me but her eyes are all teary.  Every time I tried to get near her, the farther she got from me.  It’s like, I step forward once, she step backward twice.

Emm…maybe you shouldn’t  go near her.

Maybe…

So, what’s the end?

End?” Young Saeng asked.

Your dream.  Did you managed to get her or not?

I guess not.  Kyu Jong woke me up.

It’s probably nothing.  Don’t think about it anymore.

Probably.  It’s just a dream.  But that girl’s face…I haven’t seen her before in my life, but it felt like I really care for her in that dream.

Then…maybe you have a premonition of your future girlfriend.”

Hyun Joong ah, that’s absurd. Ahh…let’s just drop the topic.  I’m going to listen to my i-pod now.  Want to share?

Sure.


The two boys shared half a headphone as they listen to the collection of songs from

Young Saeng’s i-pod while waiting for the others to get ready for the shoot.