ONE

Without Boundaries

  He wandered along the beaches, enjoying the wave that rushed to his feet, happy for being free.  He spotted a rock not too far ahead from him and made his way there.  A bottle by the shore made him stop and bend down to pick it up.  The bottle was dark green but shaking it he noticed that there was something inside it.  He took the bottle with him to the rock. 

 


He sat down at the edge with his feet hanging loosely in the water.  With his fingers he tried hard to pull out what was inside the bottle.  A faded, a bit rusty silver chain with a ring as its pendant came out from the bottle.  He looked at the ring carefully and noticed inscription on the inside of the ring.  He tried to wiped off the rust and read it.  “It’s a date.  It’s August something.  The rust makes it hard to read.”  He kept the chain inside his pocket and stared at the wide ocean.


He sat there for quite some time until his phone rang.  He picked it up and switched on the loud speaker.


“Yeobeseyo?”

“Hyung?  Where are you?  You were gone for a couple of hours now.  We are worried.”

“Hyung Jun ah…stop worrying.  I’m by the beach.”

“Manager hyung is looking for you.”

“I’ll head back now.”

“Okay hyung, I’ll tell him.  And hyung, did you see any shop along the way?  Buy me ice-cream.  Buy two for me and only one for the others.”

“Arasso…but if Jung Min strangle you, I’m not going to help.”


He pocketed back his phone after ending the call and got up from the rock.  Brushes of the dirt from his pants and put back his slippers on, he made his way back to the cottage where his group and their managers staying for the next 2 days for the photo shoot they are going to have here.


As he walked towards where he came from, a silhouette figure stood on the same rock he sat before and watched him from behind.