Chapter Eight

I'm All Caught Up (hiatus)

“Where are you taking me,” I shouted.

CL looked over her shoulder and back at me, “Can you shut the hell up! You’ll know when we get there!”

“ you! Tell me where we’re going now,” I demanded.

I looked to Seven first, but he stayed staring out the window lost in his own thoughts.

But then CL pulled out her gun and pointed it to me, “I’m getting sick of your bull . Don’t make me blow your head off!”

“Then tell me where the we’re going,” I said.

“We’re here,” Seven finally said.

The van came to a quick stop and it jerked me back. I got back up to see where we were and I stared in disbelief to where they had taken me.

“Get out,” CL said.

I shook my head, “Hell no! I’m not going in there!”

But then Seven jumped out of the van and pulled me out with him. He pushed me forward, “Go! Ring the doorbell!”

“WHAT?! There’s no way in hell I’m going back,” I said.

CL stepped forward, “You ain’t going alone. So hurry the up and ring the doorbell!”

I looked to Seven and he nodded his head for me to go. I nodded my head and walked up to the doorbell and rang it. Wait a minute…why did I feel like it would be okay when Seven nodded?!

The door flung open and Teddy stood before me. He glared at me, “You little ! Get your in the ing house!”

He reached to grab me but I moved out of his grasp, “ you! I’m not here for you!

”“What did you say you little…” he raised his hand to swing at me.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” Seven said walking up behind me.

Teddy stopped and looked to see who it was, “Seven?! What…what are you doing here?!

”CL then stepped to my other side, “Teddy get your in the van NOW!” Teddy lowered his hand and nodded his head. Whoa, what was that?! Teddy locked the door and then jumped into the van.“Get in,” CL said looking at me.

“Why don’t you ask nicely you ?! Maybe then I’ll consider doing what you ask,” I said glaring at her.

But then Seven grabbed onto my arm, “Minzy please get in.”

I looked at him surprised and then back to the shocked CL. I’m guessing he doesn’t say that, that often? I then nodded my head and got into the van as we drove off to our next destination.

 

As the van went speeding down the road everyone sat in silence. I looked around at everyone and they all seemed to be day dreaming or something. But then I looked to Teddy and I could tell that he was…worried! I’ve never seen Teddy like this. Hmm…that’s weird! Teddy kept his head down starring at his hands he kept squeezing. I looked out the window when the van started to slow down to see that we were at the warehouse again.

CL jumped out first and opening the van door she held her gun up at me, “Get out!”

I rolled my eyes, “You can stop trying to hold the gun up at me. It doesn’t scare me and I’m not going to run away!” Not yet anyways.

I then jumped out the van standing by Teddy and Seven. Seven unlocked the door I had broken into last night and opened it for us to enter. CL led us back to the gangster’s paradise room and up to the shadowed man again. this, what do they want with me?!

“It’s not what you think! I can explain…” Teddy tried to say.

“What Teddy, please explain to me why Minzy is like this,” the shadowed man said.

Teddy looked to me and then back at the shadowed man, “Umm…I…”

“Well…hurry up and explain yourself,” CL said.

“I…I’m sorry,” Teddy said lowering his head. What the hell?! Did he just apologize?!

“I give you one responsibility and you it up,” the shadowed man said. I looked to Teddy and he kept his head down.“You know damn well I can’t take care of her because of the position I am in! To think, I thought I could trust you to take care of her. But NO,” the shadowed man shouted and it echoed throughout the hall.

“What do you mean by that,” I cut in.

“No…you beat her?! You must have starved her, since she looks so damn thin! And who knows what else you put her through! I should ing kill you,” the shadowed man said avoiding my question.

“Hello, I asked you a question! What did you mean by you can’t take care of me,” I asked.

The shadowed man went quiet for a second and then calmly said, “Minzy I am your guardian.”

I could hear everyone whispering amongst each other. “My guardian, what do you mean by that? I only have two living relatives. My dad that’s locked up in prison and I’m ashamed to say this guy,” I said nodding to Teddy.

“I…I can’t really explain it to you now. But in the near future I will,” he said. He paused and then said, “As of right now, I have to take care of more important things!”

Teddy then shot his head up, “Please! No don’t! It won’t happen again I promise!”

“Damn right it won’t,” the shadowed man said gesturing his hand into the light for CL to come to him. CL walked up to the shadowed man and he handed her a gun. She then nodded her head and walked up to Teddy. She kicked the back of his knees in and he fell to the ground. She then pointed the gun to his head.

“PLEASE! Give me another chance,” Teddy pleaded.

“Wait…,” the shadowed man said. CL then looked to the shadowed man still holding the gun to Teddy’s head. “Give the gun to Minzy!”

CL looked at me and I looked to the shadowed man confused, “WHAT?!”

“Take the gun Minzy! Take it NOW,” the shadowed man demanded.

I was too scared and confused to really think and so I did what I was told. Now here I stood, holding the gun to Teddy’s head. What am I doing?!

“Shoot him! Shoot him right in the head,” the shadowed man said.

I looked at Teddy and he looked so scared. But then again he deserved this! For taking away my good life…For all the name calling…and for every time he beat me! I was about to pull the trigger until the thought of my family flashed in my mind. “NO MINZY! Don’t do it,” they all shouted in my mind.

my guilty conscience! I then put the gun down, “I…I can’t do it.”

“WHAT,” CL said in disbelief.

“Why Minzy, why can’t you do it? After all that he put you through. Why” the shadowed man asked.

I shook my head and looked to the shadowed man, “BECAUSE!”

“Because what? Think about this, I’m giving you an opportunity to do what I know you’ve must have thought of every time he called you names, starved you, and beat you,” the shadowed man said trying to reason with me. He’s right! “Think about it Minzy! This is your chance to get rid of the person who put you through so much,” the shadowed man said.

I shook my head as a raging war of thoughts played out through my mind. Minzy remember all the times he beat you?! But he’s flesh and blood! He said things that have scarred you for life! But he’s FAMILY Minzy! “NO,” I shouted as I finally made up my mind.

“No what Minzy,” the shadowed man asked.

“No…” I said as my voice cracked. I then cleared my throat, “I won’t do it! I won’t shoot him!”

CL was frustrated and pushed me out the way, “Damn it, just let me do it! ”She pulled out her own gun and pointed it at Teddy. What do I do?! CL pulled the trigger and I did the first thing that came to mind.

“NNNOOO,” I shouted and jumped in front of Teddy to take the bullet.

The bullet pierced right through my clothing and into my right side. “,” CL shouted. “You stupid , why did you get in the way!”

I touched where I was shot and my hand felt wet .I raised my hand and looked to find it covered in blood. Damn this hurts! I’m bleeding really…really bad. I then placed my hand back onto my open wound and fell to my knees. What was I thinking…

“You idiot,” CL said.

“Quick! Get her to the doctor now,” the shadowed man said. I was then lifted and rushed out the door.

 

Author's Notes:

So here's another update since I want to try and refresh my mind of the details I've written. hope you don't mind my quick updates. thanks!