Chapter Seventeen

I'm All Caught Up (hiatus)

 

As I dove behind the Lamborghini I heard screams and gun shots. I was on my hands and knees as Taeyang sat protecting Dara’s head. You’d think that I would be used to the sound of bullets flying in the air, but this was different. There were people’s lives at stake. This wasn’t some training, this was the real deal.

I felt helpless as the never ending screams and gun shots rang in my ears. I quickly covered my ears trying to block out the sound when a woman fell right next to me. I looked to see that she was shot in the right side of her neck. No one seemed to care that she was lying on the ground. Everyone else was too busy running for their own lives. The woman looked at me making me feel so scared. As I stared into her eyes and she looked at me for help. But how can I help her?

I quickly reached for her and pulled her body next to the car. I didn’t know what to do after that. She held her hand to her neck and then she started shaking uncontrollably. NOT GOOD! I panicked and didn’t know what to do. The only thing that I could think of was comforting her. I laid the woman’s head onto my lap and put my hand onto her hand that was covering her neck.

“It’s going to be okay,” was all I kept repeating to her.“It’s going to be okay.” What am I saying? This woman is on the verge of dying and I don’t know what to do.I was so scared that tears started to spill from my eyes. I wasn’t scared for my life, but I was scared for this anonymous woman’s life. I watched as the woman tried to control her shaking body. “It’s going to be okay. It’s going to be okay,” I cried. The woman started to cough up blood and it started to pour out of . Keeping one hand at her neck I used my other hand to wipe the blood away from to make it easier for her to breathe. The woman suddenly started to gasp for air as if she was drowning in her own blood. “No no no! Please stay with me! It’s going to be okay,” I panicked and looked around.

I saw CL rush out with a group of people and they started to fire back. I looked back down at the woman when she grabbed onto my arm. I watched helplessly as she held on to dear life. She shook harder and took a couple more gasps before she was gone.

“LET’S GO,” Gummy shouted towards me.

“Let’s go?” I looked around to see that Taeyang and Dara were no where to be found. How could I go when this woman had died in my arms? What if she had a family waiting for her back home? Shouldn’t I have at least the decency to pay my respects to the family?

Gummy pulled me up and away from the limp body. I couldn’t just leave her there! As I tried to look back at the body and explain to Gummy my thoughts she grabbed my face and roughly turned it her. “I said let’s go! We got to go Minzy!”

“But…”Gummy shook her head.

“No Minzy we have to go now!” She quickly walked over to the body and moved it away and opened the passenger side for me to get in.

I didn’t want to leave but Gummy pushed me in and slammed the door shut. I watched as she slid over the hood and hopped into the driver’s side. As she started up the car I looked back out the window to the nameless woman lying on the sidewalk. Gummy slammed on the gas when she heard the sirens approaching. We were off in a flash but I sat staring out the window trying to process what had just happened.

I could feel that my hands were wet and my pants were damp. My eyes traveled down to my hands and damp pants to see that I was covered in blood. The street lights let me see everything. The crimson red that now stained my hands and pants made me shiver. I felt like a murderer. I should have stopped Gummy and told her to go back to that woman.

“Minzy? Minzy don’t look down okay? It’s going to be okay.” But how could it be okay?

I couldn’t believe those words after what had just happened. I had lied to that woman that it would be okay when I knew it wouldn’t. I could tell she was dying and all I could come up with were lies.

“Minzy? Minzy,” someone shook me bringing me out of my train of thought.

“Doctor YG?”

“Hurry get her inside, quick!”

They brought me into a room and started to examine me from head to toe to see where the blood was coming from. “It’s not mine,” I stated getting their attention. They all looked at me confused by my statement.“It’s not my blood,” I told them clarifying what I meant. The nurses nodded and started to clean the blood off of my skin.

“Looks like we’re going to have to stitch this back up,” the nurse said bringing up my hand. All my stitches had come out and I was bleeding. But I couldn’t feel it. I didn’t know what had come over me because I was able to sit and watch them stitch me back up again.

“Minzy it’s okay,” doctor YG said as he held my trembling hand in his. What’s with people saying it’s okay when it’s NOT okay?! Someone just died in my arms today, how is that okay?! I pulled my hand away from the doctor not wanting to hear his words of comfort. “Minzy,” the doctor tried again.

But I didn’t want to hear it.I got up from the bed, "Am I all done?"

The doctor nodded his head and I quickly thanked him before walking out. I walked into the elevator feeling disgusted with myself. Even though the nurses had cleaned off all the blood from my skin I still had the blood plastered on my clothes. When I was walking towards my room Gummy startled me when she finally spoke.

“Minzy? Minzy are you okay?”

That was it.I stopped and looked at Gummy with disbelief. “What? What’s wrong?” Is she really asking what’s wrong with me? I shook my head and started to walk to my room.

“Minzy,” Gummy yelled after me.

I looked over my shoulder letting her know with one glance that I wanted to be left alone. Gummy didn’t say anything and I took it as she understood. I walked into my room grabbing the nearest clothing before rushing into the shower.

In one swift motion I removed all of my clothing and jumped into the shower letting the hot water burn me. I wanted the water to wash away these horrible feelings and horrific memory out of my system. As I scrubbed and scrubbed I still didn’t feel any change. Get off of me!G et off of me! It was useless. No matter how clean my body looked now I felt filthy inside.

I collapsed onto the shower floor, holding myself, as I cried. I thought about how cruel I was to lie to that woman. How ed up this world was. If it weren’t for those ing shooters I wouldn’t be feeling like this. Even though I didn’t know this woman something in me told me I had to do something about this. I couldn’t let this woman die in vain.

 

 I put on some sweats and sneakers. After I had dressed I got my guns and bolted for the door.“Where do you think you’re going,” someone called after me as I was heading towards the elevator.

“Out.”

“Out where?” I ignored the question as I pushed the elevator button open and walked in. I saw CL slip through the doors before they could close. “Where are you going?”

“I said I’m going out!”

CL knew something was up and continued to question me, “Are you going out to work out? Let me come with you.” Is she being nice to me? I swear she’s bipolar!

I shook my head, “No I wanna work out alone.”

CL pulled out her gun and twirled it as she gave me a suspicious look, “Do you even know where to find them?” She knew all along what my intentions were. I didn’t know where they were. I didn’t care.I just had to find them. “I know where they are. Would you like me to show you,” CL continued.

“Why are you being so nice to me,” I had to ask.

She shrugged her shoulders, “No reason. I just felt like killing some people today.”

“Whatever. Just take me there.”

Surprisingly there was a guy waiting for us when the doors opened.“We got one CL he’s in the room.”

CL smirked at me, “Well it looks like we won’t have to go out.”

I fell into step with CL as we walked over to a door that I had never been in before. We walked into the elevator and CL had the guy go tell the boss that she’d take care of the situation. The elevator doors opened and CL was greeted by another person.

“Tell me about him,” CL demanded.

The man nodded and quickly gave CL an over view of who they captured.It seemed the man was one of the shooters and had fallen out the car when it turned.“He’s a part of the new branch that JYP nation formed.”

CL stopped and sternly looked at the guy, “New branch?! Details!”

I could see the fear in his eyes and he speedily gave CL an over view of the new branch.“JYP’s best man Bi Rain started to form this small branch and they’re growing rapidly. That’s all we know as of right now.”

I followed CL into a room filled with computers facing a glass window. There was a man tied up on a chair who looked like he was beaten up really bad.

“He’s not talking,” a woman who was sitting at one of the computers looked up at both of us.

CL picked up two items and handed me one. It looked like a small ear plug.“Put it in your ear,” CL told me as she put hers in.

“Mic test,” the woman who sat at the computer spoke through the ear piece.

CL nodded towards the woman before looking me in the eyes, “Since this is your first time let me do the talking.” I agreed as I placed the little ear plug into my ear and we both entered the room that the beaten man sat in. I noticed that the glass window was tinted so you couldn’t see through it. CL coldly glared at the man, “What’s your name?” The man coughed a laugh and spit at CL’s feet. CL looked pissed, “I liked these heels.” She then rose her foot that he had spat on and stomped on his nuts before kicking him across the face. CL roughly grabbed his face and turned it to her, “Who sent you guys?” The man smirked at her and didn’t say a word. She then punched him across the face before pulling away, “Okay I see you don’t wanna talk huh?” She pulled out a small blade. She lightly ran it across her index finger and it started to bleed. She smirked at the man and walked around him as if trying to decide what to do with the blade in her hand. “Are you sure you don’t wanna say anything?” The man looked nervous but he still kept his mouth shut. CL walked back to where she was face to face with him. They looked like they were having a staring competition before CL jabbed the blade into his right leg. The man screamed in pain as CL shouted at him, “Who sent you guys?” CL kept the blade in his leg and when he didn’t respond she started to push it in deeper and twist it.

“Alright I’ll talk,” the man panted.

CL grinned as she pulled out the blade from his leg.“Talk!”

The man nodded, “I’m from the new branch of JYP nation.”

"The scans show that he's telling the truth," the woman spoke through the ear piece.

CL waved her blade around, “And what is this new branch called?”

“Bi Rain leads us and we’re called the JTC’s J. Termination Camp a branch off of JYP nation.”

"Scans say he's honest," the woman spoke again.

“Did Bi Rain come up with that all by his little self,” CL teased.

The man glared at her, “Shut up !”

CL nodded her head and looked to me, “Did you hear what he called me?” I was surprised that CL had even remembered that I was still in the room. She kept looking at me as she pulled a gun out and pointed it to his head. She pushed the gun at his head, “What was that? I’m sorry I didn’t catch the last part of your sentence.”

“Please don’t kill me,” the man started to cry.

CL kept the gun to his head, “I don’t know. You see, I don't really like being called that word!”

The man nodded trying to keep CL from shooting him. “Please I’m sorry.”

CL pressed the gun harder into his head, “Are you?”

He shut his eyes and cried harder, “I didn’t mean to call you that I’m sorry.”

CL pulled the gun away and struck him across the face with it, “Yes you did!” She backed away and looked over to me, “Come over here.” I did what she said and we both stared at the man crying. “Here’s your chance, do what you gotta do,” CL walked away leaving me by the man.

I pulled out one of my guns and pointed it at the man. “PLEASE! PLEASE!”

“WHY NOT? Tell me why I shouldn’t pull the trigger,” I yelled at him.

“PLEASE! PLEASE DON’T KiLL ME,” he cried.

I grabbed him by the collar with my left hand and pushed the gun to his left temple, “That’s not a good enough reason! You killed innocent people you know that?!”

The thoughts of the woman who had died in my arms started to flash in my head. The pleading eyes she gave me to help her and all I was able to do was hold her, telling her a repeated lie of how everything would be okay.

“Shoot him already,” CL called from behind.

The man looked at me with pleading fearful eyes. He deserves to die! For what he did to that woman he deserves this! But as I looked into his eyes I became confused. I started to feel sorry for this man. If I killed him would it bring that woman back to life? No it wouldn't. As much as I wanted to shoot this piece of I couldn’t find it in me to do it.

I pulled away and looked to the glaring CL.“What? I thought you wanted to kill these s!”

I sighed, “I can’t kill him.”

CL walked up to me and lifted my arm with the gun towards the man, “Shoot his NOW!”

I couldn’t look in his eyes and stared at the tinted window behind us.“Please I can’t.”

“Yeah listen to her. I won’t tell anyone about this I swear,” he pleaded.

CL pulled the trigger from my gun and shot him. I looked over my shoulder to see that she had shot him right between the eyes. She then pushed me away with a disgusted look on her face, “You got a lot to learn.” She walked out of the room and I slowly followed. I kept my eyes down not wanting to look at the dead man.“Clean it up. That dumb ruined my good heels,” CL commanded before storming off.

I was startled when someone put a hand onto my shoulder. I turned to see it was Gummy. Gummy gave me a motherly smile and I couldn’t help the tears from falling. I hugged Gummy as I sobbed into her shoulder. She held me tight as she escorted me back to my room.

I was grateful for Gummy. It seemed as though she understood what I was feeling.“It’s alright Minzy. This life is really hard. Especially for young girls like you,” Gummy softly spoke.

I was at loss for words and all I could do was cry. I had been through so much in such little time. I didn’t understand how everything had led up to this. All I knew was that today was life changing.

 

Author's Notes:

Well there you have yet another chapter, I know I have such a violent imagination sometimes haha. Hope you're enjoying it so far. Thanks for reading and commenting! <3