Chapter Fifteen

I'm All Caught Up (hiatus)

At this moment I felt scared and thought that I should of chose to have died instead of living. Stay focused Minzy! Everything is going to be okay! Deep breaths…that’s it…now relax…everything’s going to be okay.

“That’s good enough,” said the boss making me stop in my tracks. Aww, this is not okay. I’m not okay! What am I doing?! I heard a cough and I looked to my right to see Gummy pointing for me to kneel. I nodded my head and quickly dropped to my knees keeping my head down.OWE that hurt! But that was the least of my worries.“Today is a special day where we will bring a new soul into the fold,” the boss said. As I sat on my now throbbing knees, keeping my head to the floor listening to the boss speak. I wasn’t really paying attention to a word he said because something distracted me. There was something different about his voice. Is he sick? His voice seems to sound different. “Bring out the family dagger,” the boss said loudly bringing me out of my train of thought. I heard someone walking over to me. Each step the person took my heart would skip a beat. When the person’s feet were in front of me I extended my trembling hands forward for them to place the dagger into my hands. The person then placed the dagger into my hands before walking back to where ever they walked in from. “I will now recite the laws and regulations of the Young Gunna family,” the boss said. I kept my hands opened with the dagger lying across them as he started to recite the laws and regulations of the Young Gunna family. “As a Young Gunna you must up hold the five laws as the laws of life. Law five is to respect all Young Gunna family members accordingly to their rank in the family…” the boss started to read. But I couldn’t hear a word he was saying. Everything he said was going in one ear and out the other. What am I doing? “Law four…” the boss continued to say. I can’t think with him talking.

Suddenly I pushed myself off of the ground and stood with the dagger gripped tight in my right hand. I can’t think with him talking. I heard people gasp and then whispers followed seeing what I’d do. But the boss kept talking and it started to piss me off that I couldn’t think.“MINZY! MINZY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET ON YOUR ING KNEES,” Gummy whispered loudly. What am I doing?

As I stood holding the dagger in my hand it felt like I was carrying 100 lbs weight in my hand. I could no longer hold the heavy object in my hand and my hand went limp.The sound of the dagger hitting the ground echoed throughout the room. Then my body started to act on impulse and before I knew it I had already turned around and started walking towards the door.

“MINZY! Minzy where are you going,” Gummy shouted after me.

But I couldn’t answer her because I didn’t know where my feet were taking me either. All I knew was I couldn’t think and I had to get out of there. Get out the room, get out the room! As I was reaching for the door knob someone stood in front of the door. When I tried to move around the person that stood in front of me the person moved in the same direction, keeping me from leaving.

“Move,” was all I could say as I kept trying to maneuver my way around the person. After a couple attempts I lost my patients.I shot my head up to meet the er who was in my way shouting, “I SAID MOVE!” To my surprise it was Teddy.Teddy?! WHAT THE , I forgot about you! “I said move,” I hissed glaring at Teddy.

“Minzy think about what you’re doing. If you walk out this door you’ll be shot in the head before your other foot touches the ground of the other side of this door,” he calmly said. WHAT?! What’s going on? Does he really care if I die or not?

I coughed a laugh, “Teddy move out the ing way!”

I pushed him aside and reached for the door knob hearing a dozen of clicks behind me. I sighed making up my mind. I then started to turn the door knob and opened the door. This is it Minzy. It’s time to go see mom and Danny now. I slowly lifted my foot ready to step out when someone grabbed my arm.

“Teddy let go of me,” I said not wanting to look back .But the person pulled me back and made me spin to face them.

“Don’t Minzy,” said the person who still held onto my arm. I tried to push the person’s arm away but the person held my arm tighter. OWE… IT HURTS!

“Let go of me,” I said looking at the person squeezing the out of my arm.

“NO,” Se7en said as he flung me over his shoulder.

“AHHHH,” I screamed as he placed me onto his shoulder and walked back to the boss.

I started kicking my legs and punching his back to put me down, but it seemed that it didn’t faze him.“LET ME GO,” I shouted.

Se7en came to a stop and said, “Keep going boss, she’s going through with the initiation.”

“Se7en let her go,” someone shouted at him.

“NO,” he said standing his ground.

“What are you doing? If she wants to leave let her,” another voice said.

I stopped kicking and scream to listen to what everyone was saying.“Yeah, if she wants to die let her,” said another person.

“Shut the up! ALL OF YOU! I said she was going through with this initiation. Even if I have to force her to,” Se7en said defending himself.

“That’s not how we do things here Se7en,” the boss finally spoke.

“Please boss, she’s just scared. I know she’ll complete the initiation,” Gummy said stepping in.

“Like hell she will. Se7en, Gummy I don’t know why you’re even wasting your breath on this when she doesn’t take this serious,” CL said coughing a laugh. That was it. How could she talk so little of me?!

“Put me down,” I finally said.

“No, I’m not letting you walk out that door until this is done,” Se7en said.

I sighed, “Put me down. I won’t leave.”

Se7en stood still not believing me and Gummy nudged him, “Se7en, put her down.”

He sighed and with one swift movement I was on my feet.

I adjusted my clothing and glared at all the people who had put in their two cents.“I’m not going anywhere,” I said looking at all of them. I then stopped and glared at CL, “And how the do you know that I’m not taking this seriously?! Of course I wanted to walk out that door so I could think. This isn’t something to take lightly. This is MY LIFE we're talking about here! ”I then looked in the direction of the boss and explained myself, “I…I apologize for my actions. It’s just that I wanted to make sure for myself that this was the right thing to do with my life. If I’m willing to leave the life I had before for this one.”

“But why would you want to still have that life Minzy? You’ve lost your family and friends. You get beaten badly and starved by someone who is supposed to be family. What is there to live for? Who is there to live for,” the boss asked.

Everything he said was right.I had lost my family and friends.My life was all in ruins, but it still was MY life! I then balled my hands up squeezing them tight, “I do have someone to live for.”

“And who’s that,” the boss asked.

“MYSELF! Even though I don’t have my family and friends in my life anymore that doesn’t mean that they’re not still with me.” I paused and with one balled up fist I hit my chest, “They’re here! They live on through me and if I were to give up my life that means I would be giving up on them!”

“That’s the stupidest I’ve ever heard,” CL said laughing.

“Then you must not have loved or been loved by anyone in your life if you don’t know what I’m talking about,” I snapped.

CL glared at me, “WHAT?! you don’t know me!”

She started to walk over to me when the boss cut in, “ENOUGH!” CL stopped in her tracks but still stayed glaring at me. I smirked at her trying to egg her on. I can’t help it, if she’s such a ! “What you say is true Minzy,” the boss said and everyone in the room started to whisper amongst each other. “BUT…” the boss roared making everyone silent again. “But, have you ever thought if your loved ones really loved you they’d want the best for you?”

“How do you know that this is what they want for me? How do you know this is what’s best for me,” I asked.

Everyone in the room was amazed and I guessed it was rare for people to question the boss.“You’re right again. I may only think I know what’s best for you. But the only person who really knows what’s best for you is you. So what’s it going to be Minzy? Do you want to follow through with the initiation? Or do you want to walk out that door? The choice is yours,” the boss said.

“She’s going to follow through with it,” Se7en said.

“THAT’S NOT YOUR CALL SE7EN! I said that the choice is up to her,” the boss said with authority.

I looked to Se7en and he bit his lip hard as he clenched his fists. Wow this guy really wants me in the family huh? I then looked to Gummy and she gave me a warm smile as if telling me that joining was the right thing to do.

“WELL,” the boss asked.

I closed my eyes inhaling deeply and opened my eyes, “I’m ready…I’m ready to take the YG family name upon myself!”

Everyone gasped and whispered and I could hear people already not liking the idea of me joining. But I didn’t care, my mind was now made up. I am going to join and that’s finally!

“Well then, we’ll continue where we left off,” the boss said.

I fixed the ruffled up cloak and placed the hoodie back over my head and down to my face as I walked back to where I was kneeling before.

Gummy then placed the dagger in my hands and smiled at me, “Don’t worry Minzy, you’re doing the right thing.”

As I was about to kneel I noticed that Se7en was standing really close to me. What, does he think I’m going to flake out again? “You can go back to where you were standing before,” I said to Se7en.

He shook his head, “Nope I’m not chancing it!”

“You do know that you’re talking to an armed person,” I said lifting up the dagger to show him that I was serious about him giving me some space.

He smirked at me, “You may have the weapon, but I could disarm you in a blink of an eye.” What…is that a challenge?

“Hey you two save that for later, we have to finish this initiation,” Gummy said

“Well tell him to give me some room to kneel,” I said to Gummy to deliver the message even though he was right by me.

“Well tell her that I’m just making sure she’s not going to run off,” Se7en said to Gummy.

Gummy rolled her eyes, “Se7en just please come over here so we can get this over with?! This initiation is taking longer than it needs to be!”

Se7en pursed his lips together and slowly walked over to where Gummy stood. HA HA! I gave him a fake smile and then knelt down onto my knees as I extended the dagger forward with my palms wide open.“Where was I…Law four,” the boss said. It felt like the laws were either being read really slow or there were too many to be read! Ahhh…my arms hurt! Hurry up already! “Bring out the contract,” the boss said. FINALLY! I got up onto my feet with my arms still extended forward until someone held the contract in front of me.“Now that you understand the laws of the Young Gunna family, you must sign the contract,” the boss said.

I nodded my head and gripped the dagger handle tight in my right hand. I then turned my left palm to face the dagger blade .I put the tip of the dagger to my left palm and I could feel how sharp the blade was.“I Minzy,” I said as I stuck the blade deep into my palm. I paused feeling the blade cut through my flesh. I then inhaled deeply as I gripped the handle tight and dragged it across my palm, “Take the Young Gunna name upon myself.” I finally removed the blade as blood trickled onto the blade and down my arm. , that hurt more than pushing it in! “This blood signifies my devotion to the Young Gunna family. The family bloodlines now run through my veins and as a Young Gunna member I understand and accept the laws and regulations. I will put the Young Gunna family before my life itself,” I said finishing the saying I must say before signing the contract.

“Good, now sign the contract,” the boss said.

I squeezed my left hand forcing more blood to spill out and then opened up my hand to see it fully moisturized in my blood. I then reached out and placed my hand onto the contract.Seeing that my blood started to seep through the contract I moved my hand away.

“Let me see it,” the boss said. “Good. The initiation is now complete. Minzy welcome to the Young Gunna family,” the boss said to me. He then spoke up louder, “To all our family members, welcome the new soul that has come into the fold, for she is now a part of the family!”

 

Author's Notes:

Yay! Minzy is finally a Young Gunna! WOOT WOOT! Hope you liked this update. Thanks for reading! <3