Chapter Fourteen

I'm All Caught Up (hiatus)

“Minzy this is Oh Jin Hwan,” Gummy said to me as a tall male stood by her.

“Hi,” I said nodding to him.

He looked really mean and scary being covered head to toe with tattoos, but then he gave me a big smile, “Hi Minzy it’s nice to meet you.” Huh, he seems pretty nice. He moved to the side and looked behind him, “You nervous?”

I gave him a half smile, “Just a little.”

He walked over to a long metal table and patted the top of it, “Don’t be scared. Come and have a seat.” I nodded my head and did what he asked. “So tell me about yourself,” he said grabbing a chair from behind him and sitting down next to me.

“Well what do you mean? What do you want to know,” I asked to clarify his question.

“Anything that comes to mind about yourself,” he said.

Well that didn’t help much.What should I say? “Umm…my name is Minzy. I’m turning 16 pretty soon. My mother and only brother are deceased and my father is doing life in prison. Till recently I’ve been living with my uncle Teddy,” I said and noticed that Oh Jin Hwan’s facial expression went dark at the mention of Teddy’s name.

I stopped trying to figure out why his expression changed and he noticed, “Please continue.”

I nodded my head, “I have attempted many times to run away from Teddy’s house because…because of personal reasons I don’t feel comfortable talking about but I’d always get caught. So one day when I was running away from the cops I panicked and broke into the warehouse where a gun was pointed to my face. Now I’m here.”

“Hmm…that’s interesting. But you only told my about what situation you were in not so much about yourself,” he said.

“Oh, are you asking me what I’m like. Like my personality or the way I am? Something along those lines,” I asked for clarification. He nodded his head and I thought of what I should tell him. Hmm…what should I say? After thinking for a little bit I replied, “Well to sum it all up I’m a survivor.” Gummy and Oh Jin Hwan looked at me to explain what I meant by that. “I can’t really explain it, but it’s how I define myself as of what I’ve been through and am still going through. It’s the way I think and the way I live, just to survive,” was all I could really say to best describe myself.

Gummy cut in, “Why is survival so important to you?”

I looked to Gummy and then to Oh Jin Hwan not knowing what to say. Why was it so important to me? “That…that I’m not so sure of,” I answered honestly. But then I asked Gummy the same question, “Why is it important for you to survive?”

Oh Jin Hwan rose his left eyebrow looking to Gummy and then back to me, “You have a good point there. I like you... and I think I know what to do with your mark.” Oh Jin Hwan had me face down on my so he could see his canvas.“Wow, I love working on a fresh new canvas,” he said as he brushed his hand across my making me shiver.

I looked to Gummy scared and she gave me a reassuring smile and a nod. Oh Jin Hwan pulled out a fresh new sterilized needle out of a package and started to put it on his art tools. My body felt really cold lying against the metal table or was it my fear that made me feel so cold? I didn’t know, but I just wanted this over and done with.

Oh Jin Hwan leaned down towards me, “Don’t be afraid just relax. It’ll be over in no time.”

I nodded my head, “Just do it already!”

“She hates needles,” Gummy said making Oh Jin Hwan laugh.

“Oh I see, well we’ll be here talking with you to distract you okay,” Oh Jin Hwan said as he started to prepare my back for the tattoo that would be placed onto my back.

At first I was stiff feeling the needle on my back as if a bee stung me, but as time went by my back went numb. Gummy and Oh Jin Hwan would have small talk with me, but I was too distracted thinking about what my tattoo would look like.

“There all done,” Oh Jin Hwan said after who knows how many hours. I lay still feeling kind of exhausted even though I wasn’t doing anything but laying there and Gummy walked over to look at my mark.

“What is this?! Oh Jin Hwan,” Gummy shouted making me jump. This was the first time I’ve ever heard Gummy yell and it was kind of scary.

“What,” Oh Jin Hwan said as he disposed of the needle he used on me.

“You know what?! You weren’t supposed to give her this mark,” Gummy said upset. What the…What wasn’t I supposed to have?! I tried to sit up but Gummy held me down, “Oh Jin Hwan! What is this?!”

He walked back to where I lay and stood on the opposite side of the table facing Gummy and said, “What?”

“What do you mean WHAT?! I’m asking you why’d you put that in her mark,” Gummy said pointing to my back.

I looked over to Oh Jin Hwan for his reply and he looked down at my back then looked back to Gummy, “It’s supposed to be there.” I looked to Gummy and it seemed like she was going to jump over the table and strangle him.“Why are you questioning me Gummy? You know you have no authority to do so. If anyone should be doing the questioning here it should be me,” Oh Jin Hwan said calmly.

Gummy bit her lip lowering her gaze from Oh Jin Hwan, “You’re right I’m sorry.”

Oh Jin Hwan kept looking at Gummy, “No worries Gummy. It will shock the others as well, but this is what He wants.”

Gummy’s head shot up looking to Oh Jin Hwan, “You mean…he specifically told you to put that in her mark?”

I looked back over to Oh Jin Hwan and he nodded his head, “Yes he did.”

Gummy then nodded her head and looked down at me, “Get dressed we have to get you ready for your initiation now.”

I nodded my head and quickly put my clothing back on.

As we were walking out, my curiosity got the best of me.“Gummy what’s on my mark that I’m not supposed to have,” I asked.

Gummy stopped and looked to me, “Minzy it’s important you don’t let anyone see your mark okay?” Gummy looked around and then whispered to me, “We’ll talk about it when we get to your room.”

I nodded my head in understanding and we quickly headed back to the other mansion. When we were safe and sound in my room I looked to Gummy, “Well…” Gummy looked at me with unsure eyes, like she was unsure she should tell me.“Gummy please! What’s in my mark,” I asked her.

“There are a lot of things in your mark. Things that identify who you are,” Gummy replied.

I sighed, “Well can you tell me about everything that is in my mark?”

Gummy nodded her head and walked over to me lifting my shirt to reveal my mark. She then took out her phone and took a picture of my mark before sitting on my bed. I sat down next to her and she showed me what my mark looked like.Wow that looks really nice!

Gummy zoomed in as she showed me the picture, “Minzy this design is made especially for you. Each Young Gunna has their own special designed mark because we all are destined for different things. As you know, the mark tells of who you are and what you will become.”

I looked to Gummy confused, “I don’t understand Gummy. I mean, how could that guy possibly know who I am by reading a couple of files and talking with me for a couple of minutes?”

Gummy nodded her head in understanding, “I understand that you’re confused right now, but Oh Jin Hwan knows what he’s doing. He knows more than I do and he is very close with the boss so I know the boss had some part in your mark.” Gummy stopped and looked to the time, before looking back to me, “Do you want me to tell you about your mark?” I nodded my head quickly and she smiled at me. “Okay,” Gummy said as she looked at the phone. She zoomed in to one shape, “You see how there’s different shapes? Each shape has a meaning.”

Gummy broke down my mark and there were so many things I couldn’t believe how much could be in a design. It told of my past hardships, present, and future. It also told of my strengths and weaknesses. There were so many things I tried to grasp upon, but the one part that caught my eye was what was in the dead center of my mark. Gummy for some odd reason didn’t explain what was in the middle of my mark.“Gummy,” I said.

“Yes,” Gummy said as she stayed starring at the image of my mark on her phone.

“You didn’t tell me what that is,” I said pointing to the design in the middle of my mark.

She sighed and went quiet. Come on Gummy, what is that? Gummy finally cleared , “That is the dragon’s eye.

”I looked closer at the image and indeed it did look like an eye. Cool! “That’s way cool,” I said excitedly.

She shook her head, “This is the reason I want you to never, I mean under any circumstances, show your mark to anyone! Not to anyone in the family and especially to outsiders!”

I frowned seeing the worry in Gummy’s eyes.“What’s the matter? What’s wrong with having the dragon’s eye,” I asked.

Gummy went quiet and then spoke, “That is the mark of a leader.” I nodded my head waiting for her to continue.“It is far beyond rare to have the dragon’s eye in your mark. It means that you’re destined for great things Minzy,” Gummy said.

“Like what,” I asked.

“Like becoming the next heir of the Young Gunna family,” Gummy said. I'm the next wha...WHAT THE ?! I jumped off the bed and looked at her shocked.

“Wha…what do you mean by that,” I asked.

She patted the spot where I was sitting and said, “Calm down and come have a seat so I can explain everything to you.” I took a deep breath to calm my thoughts from going crazy and sat back down by Gummy.“The dragon’s eye is only put into the mark of the leader of the Young Gunna’s family. I tell you not to show your mark to others in the family because this mark is lethal. Some people in the family will become jealous or hate you because of your mark and in the end try to kill you. As for outsiders, you know that we only own a part of South Korea and the rest is divided up amongst our rivals. If any of them were to see your mark you’d be killed on the spot! Killing the heir of a rival will give the person honor and prestige in their gang.”

As Gummy was telling me all this I couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed. “So there’s no good to come of having this mark,” I asked.

Gummy shook her head, “No that’s just the down side. On the other hand, when the current Young Gunna Boss steps down or passes away you will come into power and lead us. Lead us either in the same way as we run it now or lead us into a new evolution.”

“Wow, so I’m the only one with the dragon’s eye in my mark,” I said.

Gummy shook her head, “No, there is one other person.”

There is?!“Who,” I had to ask.

“He’s on the run as of right now and we’re not allowed to talk of him,” Gummy said.

“Why is he on the run? What happened,” I asked.

Gummy shook her head and looked to the time, “We’ll have to finish this conversation later on. It’s time to get ready for your initiation.”

Before I could say anything else Gummy got up and walked into my closet. I wonder who the guy is!

 

Gummy handed me a long black hooded cloak that swallowed me up whole! What was the point of wearing such a beautiful dress if I’m going to cover it up anyways?!

Gummy helped me put the cloak on, “Are you excited?”

I shrugged my shoulders, “I don’t know. It feels like I’m dreaming. I’m just waiting to wake up.”

Gummy laughed and we both starred into the mirror, “Don’t worry Minzy you’ll do great!”

I sighed and she gave me an understanding smile as we started walking to the elevator. Each step I took it felt like my heart wanted to leap out of my chest. What the am I doing?! I kept my gaze to the ground as we entered the elevator. When the elevator came to a stop I thought I was going to throw up.

Reality started to sink in that this was serious I’m signing up for. Gummy walked out first and I quickly grabbed her arm .Gummy looked back at me and I gave her a look of worry as if I should be doing this. She smiled and with her arm I grabbed held my hand as she guided me to the main room. I could feel my hands turning cold and trembling. What’s the matter with me?! Gummy felt my hand shaking and she gave me a light squeeze to my hand. She then dropped my hand and pushed open the door to the main hall where the boss and everyone else waited for us.The room fell silent and all you could hear were me and Gummy’s footsteps to the boss.

As we walked I felt my body numbing. I felt so different from the last time I was here. I felt scared. Scared of committing to something that feels so big. Scared of not knowing what is to come. At this moment I felt scared and thought that I should of chose to have died instead of living.

 

Author's  Notes:

haha, animefreak you ask very good questions...but I'm not going to answer them LOL! not to be rude but to let you figure it out as the fic goes. thanks for reading!!! <3 oh i forgot to mention that  Oh Jin Hwan  was part of 1tym for all who don't know who I was using in the chapter.