Chapter Ten

I'm All Caught Up (hiatus)

CL came through the door and threw clothes at me, “Put them on!” Who the hell does she think she is the police?! Busting in here like she crazy! I didn’t move and she said, “Hurry up! Did you hear me?! I said put them on!

”I got up saying, “Damn! Could you have some manners and ask nicely?!” She rolled her eyes and stood in place with her arms crossed. “I’m not changing with you in here!”

She looked at me and cussed, “! Hurry up and change. Seven and I are waiting outside! ”She then slammed the door leaving me to myself.

Damn, what crawled up her and died?!mI put on the clothing she gave me and looked into the mirror.“Wow, these clothes are nice,” I said as I turned different angles to look at myself. These must be designer clothes.I walked out into the hallway to see CL and Seven standing against the wall.

Seven smiled at me, “I got your meds!”

CL then looked over at Seven, “What the ?! Don’t kiss her !” She then looked to me, “Let’s go. He wants to see you!”

I nodded my head and followed them to the elevator Seven had carried me in. We were upon the shadowed man again with all the mean people still there. Damn this is getting old.

“Doing better,” he asked.

I nodded my head, “Yeah.”

“Minzy let me start over,” he said. Start over?! “I’m giving you two choices. You can either join the family or die! It’s as simple as that,” he said.

I coughed a laugh, “Wow, maybe you should explain my options further. Like for example what the do you mean by join the family,” I said imitating him. “What do you mean by family?”

“This girl got a mouth,” CL said glaring at me.

I smirked at her and then looked back at the shadowed man, “Well…”

“We are the Young Gunna’s,” he said.

“What a name,” I laughed.

“Damn it! Shut the up,” she said to me. She then looked to the shadowed man, “Why are we tolerating her bull when I can ing shoot her and this can be over with?!” She’s right! I better watch what I say. I have nothing to defend myself with.

I cut in before the shadowed man could speak, “I’m sorry. Please continue.”

CL then turned to me and glared at me.The shadowed man continued, “Like I said, we are the Young Gunna’s. We run and own a section of South Korea!”

“Are you guys the government,” I asked.

He laughed, “No. We are not a part of the government.”

“What then? Like a gang or something,” I asked.

“Some people would call it that. But I see it as a family business,” he said. Okay, Young Gunna’s is a gang. Why can’t he just say that? “We are superior to gangs. The government is afraid of us because they don’t know how to stop or trace us,” he said. Really?! I looked at him in disbelief. “So what’s it going to be,” he asked. Unbelievable, that’s not much to choose from! “Well…” he asked.

Why would I want to live anyways?There’s nothing and no one to live for. But then my brother Danny’s voice came to my mind, “Minzy everything is going to be okay!”

“Fine,” I said to the shadowed man.

“Fine what Minzy,” he asked.

I gritted my teeth not knowing why my brother would want me to do such a thing, “I’ll join!”

“Good thinking,” he said. Should I really join? I don’t even know what I’m getting myself into.

"We're going to have to kill you first," he stated. What the ?! I knew this was a set up! "Seven," he called and Seven stepped forward. "You know what to do. Make it look legit!"

Seven nodded his head, "Yes sir." He then walked past me and out the door.

"What's he going to do," I asked the shadowed man.

"I told you already. We're killing you. Faking your death," he stated.Oooh! Got it! I nodded my head in understanding. “Gummy,” he called and someone from the shadowed pillars stepped forward.

“Yes,” she said as she gave me a half smile.

“Minzy this is Gummy. She is rank A in the Young Gunna’s,“ he said introducing her to me. Rank A? I glanced at the shadowed man not understanding what he meant.

“Don’t worry Minzy you’ll learn more about it later,” Gummy said with an understanding smile.

The shadowed man cut in, “Gummy, take Minzy and prepare her for this weekend.”

She nodded her head, “Don’t worry, I have everything covered.” Huh? What’s this weekend?

“Minzy,” he said turning his attention towards me. “This weekend there will be a gathering. You’ll get to meet the rest of the family.”

What there's more of them? I just nodded my head not wanting to say anything stupid.“Wow, she’s actually listening,” CL said sarcastically.

I then glared at CL, “You…”

“Quiet CL,” Gummy said and CL bit her lip wanting to say something.I  think I like this Gummy lady!

Gummy then looked to me smiling and said, “Follow me.” Gummy passed me and walked out to the hall of many doors.

I followed Gummy out to the hallway of many doors and she took the left door instead of the right door. How do they not get confused with which door is which?We both got into the elevator and she pushed elevator button and the elevator shifted back. We stood in silence as we waited for our stop.

“You know…” Gummy said breaking the silence. I looked to Gummy and she looked to me, “I understand why he wants you to be a part of this family.”Before I could say anything the elevator doors opened.

“WOW,” I said walking into the hall.

“This is the family mansion,” Gummy said walking forward. The mansion was HUGE!

Do you like it,” Gummy asked as she led me through the hallways.

She looked to me and I nodded my head, “It’s so huge and beautiful!”

The mansion was flourished with what looked like very expensive and high class furniture and items.“Good, because you’re going to be living here,” Gummy said as she kept walking.

“WHAT,” I squealed. “I…I might get lost in here!”

Gummy laughed, “Those are the least of your worries!”

Gummy walked up a flight of spiral stairs and led me to another hallway. She finally stopped at a door and then opened it to a huge bed room. “Wow it’s so big and beautiful,” I said as she walked around the bedroom.

“And it’s all yours Minzy,” Gummy said as I was walking around the bedroom and looking at all the beautiful furniture.

“WHAT?! This…this is my room,” I said in disbelief.

Gummy nodded her head, “Yeah it’s all yours! Since we don’t really know your size I guessed what might fit you.”

Gummy then opened a door to a walk in closet, “I don’t really know your taste so I chose a variety of things for you to pick from.”

I felt my eyes widen seeing so many clothes. There were all sorts of clothes and accessories I could choose from. Wow, it’s like a mini store made especially for me!I wanted to squeal like a little girl who had just received a new Barbie doll.

“Are you hungry,” Gummy asked.At the thought of food my stomach growled.

I tried to cough loud so that Gummy couldn’t hear my stomach, “Oh just a little.”

Gummy laughed, “Alright I’ll show you where the kitchen is.”

After I ate a delicious meal prepared by a personal chef Gummy took me back to the bed room.“I’ll be right back,” Gummy said as she left me alone in the room. Wow this feels like I’m living in a dream!

I jumped on the king size bed and sighed as I stared at the ceiling. “This is my room,” I said out loud and turned to feel the soft bed sheets rub against my face.I giggled not wanting this dream to endBu then I quickly jumped to my feet when I heard a knock at the door.

Gummy then walked in, “Here.” She handed me a stack of files.

“What are these for,” I asked.

“You have to study these,” Gummy said. What? Study?! Gummy smiled, “These are the files of all the important people you’ll get to meet this weekend.”

“Oooh,” I said understanding what kind of studying I’ll be doing. “Okay I’ll do that!”

Gummy then nodded her head, “Alright then I’ll leave you to yourself. If you have any questions I’ll answer them tomorrow. Good night Minzy.”

I smiled at Gummy, “Okay, thank you. Good night.”

After Gummy left I went to the fancy wooden desk that sat in the corner of the room and opened up the files that were given to me.