Chapter Twelve

I'm All Caught Up (hiatus)

Gummy escorted me to the doctor’s office.“AGAIN,” doctor YG asked.

I laughed, “Yeah.”

Doctor YG looked to Gummy and shook his head, “Gummy you need to keep a better eye on her.”

Gummy laughed, “I know I’m sorry.”

Doctor YG led me to the same room and I smiled, “How about you just say this is my room, since I’m always here anyways?” Gummy and Doctor YG laughed.

After my checkup with doctor YG, Gummy took me back to the mansion, “You must be hungry after all that exercise.”

I felt my stomach saying, “Umm…just a little bit.”

Gummy smiled, “Okay let’s go see what the chef has in store for us today.”

I felt so spoiled having the chef cook me a fancy meal and I ate it all up. When I was done eating Gummy took me back to my room, “Alright Minzy you know what you got to do.” Gummy then pointed at me, “And you better study ALL the files okay?”

I nodded my head and thought how funny Gummy seemed to act so much like my mom. Gummy then left me alone and I walked over to the desk of files. I sat down and opened the files that lie on top of the stack.It was CL’s file and I flipped to the second page already knowing what was on the first page...

Each Young Gunna member must complete a series of training and go through initiation. Before you train you will be given a bullet proof vest that is stored top drawer of the small dresser next to your bed.

"Top drawer in the small dresser next to my bed," I asked out loud. I got up and looked in the small dresser to find a…black fitted shirt? I held it up in the air, “This can’t be a ing bullet proof vest!” I went over to the file and kept reading...

The bullet proof vest is built for mobility and lightness. Wear at all times no matter where you are.

Okay I better not chance it then. I quickly put on the bullet proof vest underneath the shirt I was wearing and went back to reading...

As you train you will be graded based on strength, speed, and endurance. Stats are provided on the next page.

I turned the page and saw a bunch of numbers. On the left hand side were rows of I guessed what CL scored in. The first one read training. I read through the various stats and she was graded on her strength, speed, and durability.The scoring was on a scale of one to five, one being the lowest and five being the highest.To my surprise it seemed like she averaged at a 3.5! I turned back to the previous page and read from where I had left off. Wow, I guess I should’ve read more than just the first page of each file!

As you go through the first part of your training you must participate in the Young Gunna initiation. All members of the Young Gunna family will be present as you take upon you the Young Gunna family name.

Take upon the family name?

The head Young Gunna will read the laws and regulations that the Young Gunna family live by. As you are being read the laws and regulations (read page 4) of the Young Gunna family the family dagger will be handed to you.

“A dagger,” I said out loud. What the hell?

You are to take the dagger and slit your left palm.

“WHAT, what,” I said getting up from my seat. Slit my left palm?! “These people are ing crazy,” I said shaking my head. I sighed thinking that maybe I should finish reading before I jump to a conclusion.I went back to reading where I had left off…

It is important to remember that you must slit your left palm. The Young Gunna family chooses to slit their left palm because the veins in your left arm are the closest to the heart (read page 6). The blood that spills from your palm will be used to sign the Young Gunna contract (read page 7), meaning that you are willing to give up your previous life to be a devoted member of the Young Gunna family. After you sign the Young Gunna contract you will officially become a member in the family.

I had mixed feeling after reading the page. “It sounds like I’ll be signing my life away. But if I don’t they’ll kill me,” I said out loud. I looked around the room thinking that joining wouldn’t be so bad.I got up and looked at everything that was in the room. If I join I’d have this nice room and a personal chef that makes THE best food! I walked into the closet and noticed a full length mirror behind the door. I walked up to the mirror and looked at myself. I sighed as starred at my reflection, “It wasn’t like my life was worth living anyways. This is your chance Minzy! A fresh start and a new life, what more could I ask for,” I asked myself out loud. I leaned against the mirror closing my eyes to see the image of my family smiling at me.I opened my eyes again to see a stray tear roll down my cheek. I wiped the tear away after clearing my throat and telling myself out loud that everything will be okay. Just like Danny told me, everything will be okay…right?

After reading word for word of each file I felt so exhausted and fell fast asleep. But I awoke to the light tapping at the door.I quickly jumped out of bed, “I’m coming Gummy! I’ll be out in a sec!” Luckily I had put together a nice pair of sweats and sneakers before I fell asleep last night. I pulled the sweat shirt over my bullet proof vest before exiting the room. “Morning,” I said to Gummy as I walked to the bathroom. After washing up I went to Gummy, “Okay I’m ready to go!”Gummy looked at me shocked and then nodded her head as we walked to the elevator.

As we got in the elevator Gummy, “Yesterday was practice. Since I’m assuming you’ve read through everything this time, this time is the real deal.”

I nodded my head in understanding, “Understood.”

Gummy handed me the gun as we walked through the hallway of many doors and into the other elevator. I pulled off my safe guard on the gun and gripped the gun tight. I’m going to kick the out of CL this time, I thought as I grinned to myself.

“You ready for this,” Gummy asked as the elevator came to a stop.

I looked at Gummy and grinned, “Ready then I’ll ever be!”

Gummy smiled and right when the doors opened she started running. Here we go! I pushed myself to keep up with Gummy. She was fast, but for some reason I was still able to keep up with her. As expected, I heard bullets flying from every direction. I quickly looked left and right to see how many shooters there were.One…two…three…four… where’s the fifth shooter! I thought back to the files reading that in the first training I’d have to spot and shoot five shooters. There he is! He was up in one of the trees on my left. I jumped behind the nearest tree and Gummy did the same.

“Where are they,” Gummy asked.

“I have three on my left and two on my right,” I said.

Gummy nodded, “Alright!”

I did a quickly scope and shots fired at me. I looked to Gummy and signaled to her if she could distract them and she nodded in understanding. Gummy then popped out from the tree firing and then I popped out and shot the three guys on my left before turning to the right to shoot the other two.

“Okay, let’s go,” Gummy shouted and I nodded following her. Gummy ran faster this time and pretty soon I was at least a car length away from her.

“ she’s fast,” I breathed as I tried to push myself.

Suddenly a guy popped out pointing a gun at me and I knew instantly what to do. I dove for cover as the guy started firing at me. As I was doing so, a bullet hit me in the upper right shoulder. ",” I shouted when I hid behind the tree. It hurt like hell and I quickly looked to see where the bullet hit. Surprisingly the bullet didn’t tare right through my vest like I thought it would. I lifted my vest to see that there wasn’t a scratch. I just felt a whole lot of pain and figured that it was from the impact of the bullet to my vest.

I got up holding the gun close and listening to see if the shooter would approach me. But there was no sound. So I quickly peeked and sure enough bullets started to flying at me.“Okay, at least I know where he’s at,” I told myself. I popped my head out from the left side of the tree and the shooter started shooting and I quickly moved behind the tree. I then moved to the other side of the tree getting a clear shot at the shooter and taking it “Tricked you ,” I said before running again.

I knew what was coming next and couldn’t wait for it. Where is she? I could see the end of the forest and started running harder. I stopped myself when CL stepped out with her arms folded. “So I see you actually came dressed decent this time,” CL smirked.

I put my fists up, “Because I wanted to be comfortable when I kicked your !”

CL coughed a laugh, “ please!” CL and I started moving in circles with our fists up.

I glared at CL, “Come on, try and kick my  again!”

CL grinned, “With pleasure.”CL swung with her right and I blocked it with my left arm. After I blocked her hit I quickly swung my right arm connecting it to her jaw. CL fell right on her and she glared up at me, “Why you little you’re going to get it now!”

CL kicked in my knees and I fell to the ground. Before I knew it CL was on top of me and punching me left and right. I put my arms up trying to block her swings, but she was too fast. Think Minzy! Think! As I was blocking CL’s swings I noticed something about CL. I grinned when I figured out that CL swung in a pattern.Left, right, right, left!

“What are you smiling at?! I’m ing you up,” CL shouted as she kept swinging.

I kept blocking CL’s hits before finally caught her right wrist in my left hand, “I’m smiling at this!”

I punched CL in the stomach with my right arm. CL’s head flew forward and I quickly punched her right in the nose. CL flew flat on her back giving me time to get up on my feet. I looked down to see her holding her now bleeding nose, “Now who’s all ed up?!”

I then turned to see Gummy standing from a far distance looking down at a stop watch. ! I picked up my gun and then started to run towards Gummy. Come on, almost there!

When I reached Gummy, she clicked the stop watch, “Not bad!”

I leaned onto my knees as I tried to catch my breath, “Not…bad?” I wiped at my face that was pouring with sweat and blood, “What does that mean?”

Gummy looked at me, “Exactly what I meant. Not bad!”

I rolled my eyes when Gummy didn’t want to explain any further. As I stood trying to catch my breath I felt different.The rush of adrenaline that ran through my veins made me feel excited. I couldn’t explain the feeling, but I felt good.

“Water,” someone said sticking it in my face. I looked to see it was CL. I raised my eyebrow to her and she rolled her eyes. CL then pushed the water bottle to my midsection , “You got lucky that time! I’ll get you next time!”

I accepted the water, “Thanks.” CL then walked away leaving me and Gummy to ourselves.I drank the cool refreshing water and nodded towards CL’s direction, “Gummy what’s that all about?”

Gummy smiled, “What do you mean?”

“Never mind,” I said as I watched CL walk back to the elevator.

“Okay Minzy, let’s go get you cleaned up,” Gummy said.

I smiled at Gummy, “Can we get something to eat too?”

Gummy laughed, “Of course!”

 

Author's Notes:

As I'm posting this I can't help but laugh at how much I make Minzy cuss in here. Please just bare with me, it's all apart of the fic haha. Thanks for reading!