Chapter Thirteen

I'm All Caught Up (hiatus)

The first week of training was intense. Each day grew harder. I could have sworn Gummy wore rockets on her feet because I could never catch up with her after my first real day of training. Gummy added more gun men each day and CL seemed to have improved also. It was always me in the end that was knocked flat on my ! But somehow I always reached the end of the obstacle.

CL handed me some water as I stood heaving. I accepted the water, “I don’t get how I could never get you back!”

CL coughed a laugh and shook her head, “Didn’t I tell you, you got lucky that time? I was just going easy on you because it was your first time around.” CL then looked to Gummy, “Okay I’ll be off then.”

Gummy smiled at CL, “Thank you CL.”

CL grinned and looked at me, “It was my pleasure.” I shook my head watching CL walk away.

“Are you ready for tomorrow,” Gummy asked.

Not so sure myself I looked to her unsure, “I think.”

“You think? What do you mean by that,” Gummy asked as she smiled at my unsure answer.

I shrugged my shoulders, “I don’t know.”

Gummy put her arm onto my shoulder and we started walking back to the elevator. She then said, “Don’t think too much about it. Everything is going to be okay.” My head shot up at her last sentence and I looked at her surprised. “What? Why are you looking at me like that,” Gummy asked.

I shook my head, “Oh nothing.” It felt kind of strange hearing Gummy say those words. I got chills down my spine as those words kept repeating in my mind.Why wasn’t I feeling so good about it when Gummy said it. What am I thinking? Don’t think so much about it Minzy!

As we walked through the hallway of many doors a guy was passing through and heading towards the main room. Gummy stopped to greet him, “Hey Seungri.”

I looked to see it was one of the guys that I read about from the stack of files. He’s the one that’s close to my age! I looked at him and he seemed more handsome in person than on the photo.

“This is Minzy,” Gummy said extending her hand to me and I stepped forward.

I bowed to him, “Hi.”

Seungri grinned at me, “This is Minzy? I’ve heard about you. Nice to meet you I’m Seungri.” I wonder what he’s heard about me. Seungri then looked back to Gummy, “I got to go. But I’ll see you ladies tomorrow. Goodbye Minzy.” He said winking at me.

I smiled, “Bye.”

He walked away and Gummy whispered to me, “Watch out he’s a big time flirt!”

I nodded my head understanding why he winked at me. Gummy then led me back to the mansion and I washed up before we went to the kitchen to eat.

“Wow that was good,” I said after eating the last bite of my barbeque ribs.

Gummy laughed, “It’s good to know that you don’t starve yourself.”

I patted my stomach saying, “I starved myself unintentionally for the past two years. Plus I need all the energy I can get for training.”

“Well then you better get to your room and skim through the files before your big day tomorrow,” Gummy suggested. “I can’t have you embarrassing me now.”

I smiled at Gummy as she gave me a scolding look , “Tomorrow?”

Gummy put her hands onto her hips, “Minzy?!”

I laughed at her motherly reaction, “I know, I know, I was just kidding!” As we reached my room Gummy turned to me, “I’m serious Minzy, don’t this up! Read over the initiation, laws and regulations sections again okay?”

I nodded my head and sarcastically spoke, “Yes mother.”

Gummy smiled at me and then left me to go into my room. I walked over to the desk of files that I have read a million times this week and went over them again. If Gummy wants me to go over them I guess I will.

 

I actually awoke before Gummy knocked on the door. A chill ran down my spine making me shiver in my big warm blankets. I sat up in bed feeling unease about today.

Am I doing the right thing? “Why am I feeling like this,” I asked myself out loud. I looked over to the stack of files that sat on the corner desk and something told me to look over them again. Why?! I’ve read them like a million times already!

I shook my head and threw the blankets over my head to force myself to go back to sleep. But the more I forced myself to sleep the uneasy thoughts came with more force invading my mind to get up and review the files. “Alright,” shouted as I sat back up in the bed. I pushed the blankets off and walked over to the corner desk. After plopping onto the chair I looked to see that Teddy’s file was on top.These uneasy feelings grew stronger as if telling me to look over his files.I flipped open his file and read over the first page again.

Posted Image

Name: TeddyBorn: September 1983 (26)Joined: April 1997Rank: B

There wasn’t anything strange about the first page and I decided just to skim through the pages in his file. As I was doing so something caught my eye. I stopped at the page and started to read the content that stood out to me for some odd reason.

Leader of unit 1tym.

After the first sentence the rest of the paragraph was whited out as if I wasn’t supposed to read it.

Unit dissolved August of 2007.

That was around the time my brother Danny had died. Could there be a connection? A gut feeling told me there was a connection I just didn’t know what. It had to be in the whited out part of the paragraph. Suddenly a knock at the door made me jump and I quickly closed Teddy’s file.

“Minzy? Minzy it’s time to wake up,” Gummy called through the door.

I acted like I was still half asleep and slowly replied, “Okay.”I looked back to Teddy’s file and made a mental note to reread over Teddy’s file again.

I then got up and went to the closet seeing the black flowing gown that was picked for my initiation. I picked up the dress and put it on and looked at myself in the mirror.

“Not bad,” I said to myself as I turned in different directions.

I headed over to the bathroom to wash up and then back to my room to look in the mirror again. I felt kind of grown wearing such a beautiful dress. A knock came at the door and knowing who it was I said, “Come in.”

Gummy walked up to me and starred into the mirror with me, “You look beautiful.”

I smiled at Gummy, “Thanks. It feels like I’m going to prom or something.”

Gummy laughed and put her hand onto my shoulder, “This is bigger than prom. Now get changed so we can head over to get your mark.”

I felt my insides churn and nodded my head, “Could I get some breakfast first.”

Gummy nodded her head, “Yeah sure. After you eat we’ll head over okay? Now hurry and get changed we have a lot to do to get you prepared for tonight."

Gummy walked out the room leaving me starring at myself in the mirror. I was so scared. And if my parents were here I know they would definitely not approve of me doing what I was about to do.

 

 After eating a delicious breakfast Gummy and I walked to the elevator. As we entered the hall of many doors Gummy walked into the elevator that was next to the mansion elevator. I followed in and she pushed the button for the elevator to take us to our destination.

I didn’t know if I could follow through with what I was about to do, “Gummy?” Gummy looked to me and I quickly blurted out that I didn’t want to get the mark. “I’m afraid of needles! I think I’d faint before the needle touches my skin,” I squeaked.

Gummy smiled at me, “Then don’t look at the needle. It will hurt, but you need to get the mark Minzy.”

I nodded my head and cut in, “The mark is my declaration to the world of who I am and what I am a part of.”

“Good, I’m glad you know why you have to get the mark,” Gummy said.

“But…but Gummy,” said not knowing what else to say.

“No buts about it Minzy,” Gummy said with a scolding tone.

I sighed and knew that I was going to follow through with it anyways. As part of the initiation I have to be given the family mark, a tattoo on my upper back between my shoulder blades. To describe the tattoo it is supposed to be circular representing that the Young Gunna family is never ending and inside the circular tattoo there are various designs and shapes signifying who we are and what we are to become in the family.

The tattooist is given my file beforehand to come up with his design to put in my mark. The elevator doors opened into what looked another part of the mansion.

“Are we still in the mansion,” I asked Gummy as we walked into the place.

Gummy shook her head, “No this is a different mansion.”

The mansion looked exactly like the mansion I stayed at. “Why does this mansion look exactly like the other mansion,” I asked out of curiosity.

“Well in the Young Gunna family you learn that everything done is never done in vein,” Gummy started to say.

“What do you mean by that,” I asked.

Gummy continued, “As a Young Gunna you learn that everything you see, hear, or do is for a reason. Everything the Young Gunna family is built upon has a reason and purpose for being. Do you understand?” I nodded my knowing that everything that I’ve done and seen so far had a purpose. “Well it is said that this mansion is a twin mansion to the mansion that we stay in. The leader of Young Gunna had it built it as a symbolism to his twin,” Gummy explained.

“He has a twin?! You know, I don’t even know what he looks like. The leader of the Young Gunna’s, or even his name,” I said hinting to Gummy that I would like to know.

Gummy smiled, “He goes by many names such as sir, boss, or president.”

I looked to Gummy confused, “Those aren’t names, those are titles that he holds in the Young Gunna family.”

Gummy laughed, “I know, but that’s what he goes by.”

“Do you even know his name,” I asked.

Gummy shook her head, “Nope I’ve never known his name or even seen him in all my years in the Young Gunna family.”

“WHAT?! How…how can you follow someone you’ve never seen or even know his name?! No offense of anything, but that sounds kind of stupid to do,” I stated bluntly.

Gummy nodded her head, “Yes it does from an outsider’s perspective. But I see him as a father figure. He took me in and gave me a new life, a better life. Even though I’ve never seen his face or know his name I owe him my life. You see Minzy you’ll come to learn that everyone in the Young Gunna family is no different than you. They each have their own story and reason to why they became a devout Young Gunna.” Gummy then stopped when we reached a door, “And sooner or later you will know yours.” Gummy then opened the door and we walked into a clean and top notch tattoo parlor. Whoa they don’t play around when they said they always have the best equipment.
 

 

Author's Notes:

So I lied I forgot about this photo, sorry! but i hope you enjoyed this update! thanks for reading! <3