Chapter Four

I'm All Caught Up (hiatus)

As I run through the dark night I can barely see where I’m running. My whole body is aching and I can’t breathe. So I stop for a second to lean against a building and catch my breath. I turn around to lean my head against the building and can feel the sweat pouring down my face. My stomach was hurting so bad and then all the sudden I felt something coming up my throat. I lean onto my knees and throw up blood. I cough as I lean back onto the building worn and tired.

As I’m doing so I hear sirens. he must have woken up! As much as my body wanted to stop and rest, I pushed myself off the wall and started to run again. I’m not going to let them catch me this time. I’d rather go to prison or die than go back! With this in mind, I let my feet carry me into the dark night. Remember the route Minzy, it’s the next alley way over that you’re going to turn.

A bright light was on me and I turned to see what it was as I kept running. “Stop right there Minzy,” said the cop shouting out the cop car.

“ you,” I shouted back and ran even harder.

The cops sped their car right in front of me and jumped out to stop me. But I made a hard U-turn and they jumped out the car to chase me. I have no idea where I’m running; all I know is that I can’t get caught.

“Get her,” I heard the familiar cops voice say.

As I’m running, I can see that one of the cops is gaining on me from the corner of my eye.

“I got you, you little punk,” the jerk cop shouted as he reached for me.

I maneuvered my way out of his grasp and he lost balance, falling flat on his face. I looked back and smirked at him. for you! As my eyes adjusted to the dark night, I can finally tell where I am. The mental map I had in my mind played out. Up this hill and make a right. There it is! I can see the alley way! I can no longer hear the police behind me, but I’m not going to chance it.

I keep running and I headed down the alley way next to the one I was arrested at last time. I stopped to look around and there are a couple of houses and then I spotted a big warehouse. The warehouse looks abandoned and so I figured I’ll spend the night there. When I reached the warehouse all the doors seemed to be locked! I started to panic when I looked back to the alleyway I came out of and saw lights flashing down them.I quickly ran to the back and jiggled every door knob I could find, but none of them would open.

“Come on,” I whispered loudly. I came upon the last door and jiggled the door knob. It was locked too! AHH! This can’t be happening to me!!! I can hear the cops’ voices getting louder and so I started to push against the door. I kept wiggling the handle and jamming my shoulder into the door. Each time I forced my shoulder into the door, I put more force into it. Well at least I thought I was.

Finally the door gave away and I busted through the door. I stumbled through the door and fell onto my hands and knees.“I think she ran back here,” I hear the rude cop shouting.

I then quickly jumped to my feet and turned to the door I busted open. I shut the door as quickly and quietly as possible and leaned my head against the door to listen for them. I could hear footsteps outside and from the sound of it they were checking for any opened doors. When they reached the door I was at I held my breath.The handle jiggled and I thought I was done for.

Seconds later one of the cops said, “Let’s go check over there. This place is locked up!” After I heard their footsteps leave I finally exhaled.

“Wow that was a close one,” I said out loud relieved as I still leaned my body against the door. But then I felt something push against the back of my head and a click. Uh-oh!

“Who are you,” said a deep voice from behind me. I put my hands up and slowly turned around to a gun pointed to the middle of my forehead. I put my hands up and slowly turned around to a gun pointed to the middle of my forehead. I stared at the gun and became speechless. The person pushed the gun closer to my head, “I said, who are you?”

I kept my eyes on the gun, “Umm…my name is Minzy.”

The person kept the gun to my head, “Who sent you here Minzy?”

“No one did,” I said quickly.

Just then the person stepped closer to me and I heard a click. I shut my eyes as I heard the sound. he pulled the trigger! I didn’t feel anything and I guessed I must have died instantly. “Hey,” that deep voice said as he pushed the gun at my head to get my attention. Wait a minute, I didn’t die yet? I slowly opened my eyes and I was under a dim light. I squinted my eyes to try and find the face to match the deep voice. Suddenly a tall broad figure stepped into the light. I was a little frightened and took a step backwards. “Why are you here,” the tall figure said.

I couldn’t really see his face but a gut feeling told me that I’d better answer him quick. “I…I’m sorry, I was running from the cops and I was trying to get away from them,” I said in one breath.

“Wasn’t the door locked,” he replied.

I nodded my head and explained, “I’m sorry sir, I panicked and forced my way in.”

The tall figure stepped closer to me and I stepped backwards leaning onto the door behind me.“The door was locked for a reason, don’t you know that if a door is locked that means someone doesn’t want you to enter,” the tall figure said getting louder as he lowered his head to meet my gaze. He was only a breath away from me, and surprisingly he was strikingly handsome. “Answer me,” he said as he starred at me with his piercing cold eyes.

“Umm…” was all I could say.

“Well…,” he said with those mesmerizing pitch black eyes.

Suddenly an unseen door flung open from behind him.I looked to see who it was, but the handsome guy kept his cold eyes on me. “He said to bring her,” another tall and handsome guy said. Huh, who wants me?

The guy that stood in front of me didn’t move an inch. He just kept staring at me. I looked back to the cold unmoving guy and starred right back at him. For some reason I got lost in his eyes. It felt as though he was looking into the depths of my soul. Like he could see right through me!It was scary and I felt uneasy, but I couldn’t bring myself to look away.

“Seven! Seven! He wants to see her,” the guy from behind him finally said. At the sound of the guy’s voice, I broke away from his trance and looked down to the floor. What was that? That felt so weird! The so called “Seven” finally stood back up and cleared his throat, “We’re coming!” He then grabbed onto my arm and pulled me through the door the other handsome guy had come out of.