Chapter One

I'm All Caught Up (hiatus)

“Alright missy calm down,” one of the officers told me.

I didn’t want to go back, and I wasn’t giving up without a fight! “Let me go! I won’t go back!”

The other officer threw me on the chair and yelled at me, “CALM DOWN! I’m sick of chasing you!

”“Well then stop chasing after me then,” I said. I didn’t have any ounce of respect for these creeps and I rolled my eyes.

“Did you just roll your eyes at me girl,” the rude officer said to me.

I didn’t care that he didn’t like me. He was such a jerk and I smirked at him, “So what if I did?!”

The officer scratched his head and walked up to me to scare me. But I wasn’t scared of this fool! He’s hated me ever since I kicked him in the nuts the last time they caught me. He was in my face yelling, “Why I oughtta…”

The other officer caught the rude officer’s hand before he could strike me. I didn’t wanna show that I was scared, so I smirked at him, “You oughtta what?”

“Don’t! Do you wanna risk your job over this minor,” the other officer asked.

The rude officer pushed away from the other officer, “Whatever!”

“That’s what I thought,” I said without thinking. Why can’t I control my mouth?!

“You little…” the rude officer came up to me. He then shook his head and started to paced around the room. But then he stopped to look at me, “I’m going to go wait for her guardian to come.” He smirked at me, “You can’t wait to see him don’t you,” he said smirking at me.

Great, he caught my weak spot. I was speechless and didn’t know what to say to him. As he stood there smirking at me I finally bursted out, “You can’t make me!” I wasn’t going to let them take me back to him. I couldn’t go back, I’d be dead for sure. I saw the door and ran for it.

The rude officer knocked me to the ground and glared at me, “Stay down you little punk!”

I glared at him and then came a knock at the door. All three of us looked to a woman who popped her head in.“He’s here,” the woman said and closed the door again.

I looked to the rude officer and he let out an evil laugh and leaned closer to me, “If you try to run away again, I’ll make sure to lock you up for good!” He and the other officer left me in the room by myself.

My body was throbbing with pain from all the running and fighting I put up. I forced myself to sit up against the wall not wanting to look helpless. Just then I heard the door knob turning and my body stiffened up. The rude officer pulled me off the ground and threw me back onto the chair. The other officer came in with…with my so called guardian following behind him.

I glared at my guardian, “I’m not going with him! I won’t!

”Everyone sat down next to me and my guardian sat across from me, “But why?”

I was furious that he was playing dumb and shouted, “You know damn well why!”

The rude officer shook his head, “Kids these days!” He then looked to my guardian, “I don’t know how you can do it!”

My guardian smiled at the rude officer, “What can you do?”

I shook my head disgusted at what was happening. These cops never believed a word I said. But that’s how they always treat kids my age. I swear no one believes a 15 year old anymore.

“Well sir, let’s just go fill out some paper work and you can take her with you,” the other officer said.

My guardian nodded his head, “No problem.”

I couldn’t believe how helpless I was. Not knowing what to do, I screamed as the three were walking out. They all turned to me and I glared at my guardian shouting “I WON’T GO WITH YOU!”

My guardian shook his head and calmly said, “It’s okay Minzy, we’ll talk this out when we get home!” When we get home he said. What the hell! I just told him I didn’t want to go with him. I tried to clarify myself, “I don’t want to go with YOU! TEDDY!” I cried as they all just turned around not listening to me. It wasn’t a demand, it was a plea!  A plea to the officers to believe that I was not just another spoiled brat throwing a tantrum, but a child crying for a way out!

 

We drove in silence back to the hell hole I should call home. When we parked the car he got out and I sat still in the car. He bent over to look in at me, “Are you coming in?”

I was too scared to say anything, so I just nodded my head and followed him into the house. He walked in and let me walk past him. I stood unmoving as I heard him lock the door behind me. he locked the door.

Teddy came up from behind and whispered into my ear, “Why did you run away again you little !” In a split second, I was sent flying across the room. I slammed against the wall and fell to the ground. I couldn’t let him get the best of me and I stood back up holding onto my stomach. Teddy glared at me, “You disgust me, you know that!” He then walked up to me and slapped me so hard I fell to the ground. I glared back up at him not wanting to show defeat.  As I was trying to get back up, he kicked me back to the ground and sneered at me, “I can’t stand the sight of you! The only reason I keep you alive is for my sister!”

I pushed myself up from the ground to face him, “Well then let me go! Let me get out of this hell hole!

”He grabbed me by the neck and lifted me up in the air. He was cutting off my oxygen and I tried to pull his hands off of my neck. He then slammed me against the wall saying, “Hell hole?! I’m the one living in a hell hole! You’re the one that should be dead! NOT my sister!” He pressed his hands harder into my neck and I thought I was going to pass out. He finally released me and I fell to the ground gasping for air. He shook his head, “I hate the sight of you! Every time I look at you, you remind me of your father! Damn you and damn your father!”

I forced myself to get up and was determined to show him that I was strong, “ you! Don’t talk about my father that way!” I glared at him with clenched fists, “You may be stronger than me, but one day you’ll regret doing this to me. My mom is probably turning in her grave right now!”

He back handed me across the face and spit at me, “ don’t you dare call my sister your mom! You’re the reason why she’s dead!” He then turned to leave to the place he always goes to escape, leaving me to cry alone in this cold and dark place.